Follow

The Simpsons

Team » The Simpsons appears in 793 issues.

Springfield's own family. It's an animated TV series & "comic" by Matt Groening. This family consists of Marge, Maggie, Bart, Lisa, and Homer. But don't forget about Grandpa.

Simpsons on Blu-Ray!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    Imagine how good that picture would look in high-definition! You could probably see each of the characters! CinemaBlend reported recently that the upcoming 20th Season of The Simpsons will not only be released on the traditional DVD but also on Blu-Ray! 

We’ve been watching The Simpsons since 1990, but soon you’ll see the antics of America’s most outrageous family like never before. On January 12th, 2010, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
    will release The Simpsons: Season 20 on DVD and, for the first time ever, on Blu-ray.

So what's the big deal? Blu-Ray? Why should you buy it? Well, the DVD version of the season contains 21 episodes on 4 discs and one special feature called, "The Twentieth Anniversary Special Sneak Peak by Morgan Spurlock”  Morgan Spurlock is that critically acclaimed director of Super Size Me. The DVD is going to cost you $49.98. The Blu-Ray has everything that the DVD has but only on 2 discs, and it will cost you $59.99. The blu-ray copy is $10 more for pretty much the same stuff. So why buy the Blu-Ray? Here's why. You may not believe me but the sound and picture quality are a lot better than traditional DVD. Yes, even for animation. Case in point: I own JLA Season one on DVD. When it came out on Blu-Ray, I picked it up too, and it blew me away. The surround sound wasn't as good as Band of Brothers on Blu-Ray, but it worked pretty well, way better than any other traditional DVD. The animation was incredibly crisp and the colors were very bright. In the end, I was very happy buying JLA Season 1 on Blu-Ray and plan on doing so from now on with all animated series I watch from now on, including this one. Blu-Ray is definitely worth it. The only real downside is that it costs $10 more, but if you own an HDTV and a Blu-Ray player, you can afford to toss down $10 more on a series.

In closing, buy it on Blu-Ray. If you don't have a HDTV or a Blu-Ray player, buy those also. In seriousness, it is totally worth it, ESPECIALLY for animation.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FLStyle

To quote Family Guy:

We don't want you in our town Simpson! We don't love you like we did in 1993!

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By King Quisling

Season 20 wasn't that great... In fact, I don't believe I've really enjoyed The Simpson's for 5 or 6 seasons. :-/

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @FLStyle said:
    "To quote Family Guy:

We don't want you in our town Simpson! We don't love you like we did in 1993! "

The irony is that Family Guy itself isn't funny anymore. 

drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By drawme

Nah...Simpsons are great.

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By raidingkvatch
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @FLStyle said:
    "To quote Family Guy:

The irony is that Family Guy itself isn't funny anymore.   "
    I disagree. Both are still funy, but neither are worth going out of your way to watch any more, any show that doesn't have an ongoing story arc will get a little tired and less interesting than it was when it was really fresh, because you become accustomed to the formula
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FLStyle
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @FLStyle said:
    "To quote Family Guy:

It happens to them all eventually. But they plod a long becoming more and more depressing. I wouldn't pay the extra money for any animated comedies on Blu-Ray, in fact I wouldn't buy any of them on DVD either.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

I have the Simpsons Movie on Blu-ray.  I was blown away by the way the Simpson Yellow color looks.  I will plop down some extra $$ on this.

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kid_Zombie

Sweet, also which is good is that in season 20 they started doing the whole show in HD, so right from the get go it will look and sound better. I love the simpsons and still love them, havn't missed an episode since '89, I still love the new ones they are great, we studied it in school, and i wrote my final paper on it. I'm not going to get into a whole thing wich is better, but nothing can beat simpsons and south park, they are just very smart comedies.

jarf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jarf2
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @FLStyle said:
    "To quote Family Guy:

thats truth family guy is good but not that good anymore
    Avatar image for everything_green_lantern
    Everything Green Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Family Guy is still completely hilarious. 

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    UnsolvedParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By UnsolvedParadox

What I really want is the first 10 seasons on Blu-ray. Come on Fox, make it happen!

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FLStyle
    @Kid_Zombie said:
    " Sweet, also which is good is that in season 20 they started doing the whole show in HD, so right from the get go it will look and sound better. I love the simpsons and still love them, havn't missed an episode since '89, I still love the new ones they are great, we studied it in school, and i wrote my final paper on it. I'm not going to get into a whole thing wich is better, but nothing can beat simpsons and south park, they are just very smart comedies. "
    That entire post is a walking contradiction.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.