pspin's The Ravagers #2 - Shadows of the Past review

Avatar image for pspin

The Ravagers #2 Review

The Ravagers #2 Review

Overview:

The Ravagers get to dry land and find themselves hunted by Shadow Walker.

The Good:

Well this issue is a step in the right direction. There is a good balance between action and development. The new villain, while a little generic, was good because he was new and not more of someone who had seen in The Culling.

Howard Mackie has some good dialogue and Fairchild’s thoughts are a nice touch. The art is where this book shines though, the Ian Churchill is really awesome and the characters look great, particularly Ridge and Shadow Walker.

The Bad:

This story sup out of The Culling and that is fine so it would make sense that the first story would be about the immediate aftermath, which is also fine. However I fear that there will be too much focus on N.O.W.H.E.R.E. and The Culling for too long, the ad for next month’s issue introduces Brother Blood, which is great but I can’t help but fear his connection to N.O.W.H.E.R.E. The only worthwhile villain to be involved with that organization is Rose Wilson and that is only because of her connection to Fairchild that has been alluded to several times. I just hope that after issue three that they start to get into the past of these characters instead of more running.

Verdict:

A solid follow up to the first issue, anyone who enjoys the Teen Titans or Superboy will enjoy this series as well. The only problem isn’t even a problem as much as a fear that the series will focus on NOWHERE to much but that remains to be seen as it is only the second issue. So far the series and creative team have been going strong and here’s hoping it continues that way.

4 out of 5