Follow

The New 52

Concept » The New 52 appears in 296 issues.

DC Comics' controversial 2011 reboot of its entire line of ongoing comic books following the universe altering event, Flashpoint. After Doomsday Clock, it was redefined as Earth-52.

I am new to comicbooks, Help please?

naekole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I honestly have no idea, or much about comic books. I come from Malaysia, where it is rare to be able to buy comic books. I've only been to a comic book store once, so this is all fairly new to me.

I want to purchase the New 52 series, however I only want to purchase the ones featuring The Joker (eg: the death of the family), but I have no idea how all this works. Can the more experienced ones advise?

Please, I apologize if it all sounds silly to most of you. I am really not experienced in buying comic books, and only own 3 (The Killing Joke, Scott Pilgrim series and Kick-Ass). I want to own as many The Joker comics I can. Advice? :)

xx

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Right now for DC's Villain's Month event they have a Joker one-shot on sale. You will most likely find this at the comic book store you have been to or you can always order them on DC's website. With the "Death of a Family" thing you can either buy them in their own issues through your store or of course through the DC website. I do know the Joker has appeared in Batman, Detective Comics, Nightwing, Batgirl, Robin, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Teen Titans, Catwoman, and Batman: The Dark Knight so those are some titles I would probably keep a eye out for when coming to Joker books.

When villains are the only reason you are reading a certain book the best way to go is to follow the hero that the villain antagonizes the most book (in this case Batman) and keep on a lookout for Joker appearance once again through the DC website.

Hope I helped and welcome to Comic Vine :)

PatriotPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

If you want to read the Joker, I have a few suggestions for ya. Try The Joker, Death of the Family, The Killing Joke, etc.

The New 52 series Batman, Detective Comics, Batman and Robin, and Batman: The Dark Knight most likely have him as a frequent face.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.