MissJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By MissJ

The Good

In comics, there are certain things that you can expect with such certainty that they're almost constants. Your favorite series will eventually be rebooted. That dead character? Probably not dead forever. And Gail Simone writing a team book with characters we've never seen (or haven't seen much of) -- total sweet spot.

THE MOVEMENT just kicked off today, but the characters are already so present that it doesn't feel like a first issue. As with Simone's earlier SECRET SIX and BIRDS OF PREY, the team feels human -- even if some members have abilities that make them so much more. There's plenty to be learned about Simone's newest band of heroes (and the neighborhood they've tasked themselves with protecting), but it's clear from the start that these are people with stories and personalities and drama and voices.

Right away, we're immersed in a story that puts us unambiguously on the side of the vigilantes of Coral City. Corrupt cops who endanger the citizens they've sworn to protect make the choice to side with the disillusioned masses an easy one. But "us against them" on its own is boring, so things naturally get a bit muddied as we learn more about the team and their methods. Simone loves to challenge readers' perceptions, and we're introduced to a character called Burden who might be possessed, might just be in need of treatment, and definitely has a story to tell. The rest of our heroes aren't perfect, either; the psychic Virtue hurls some verbal barbs (and a painful revelation) at the one police officer who might truly care about his city, and Katharsis deals out a brutal beating rather than letting the justice system take care of a crooked cop. One thing is clear: this team didn't get the Justice League handbook.

Freddie Williams II brings bold character designs and a gritty style to the book. He also manages to make each character visually distinctive -- while Tremor and Virtue and Katharsis are all young women in the same age range, it's impossible to mistake one for another (not always an easy feat on a team book!).

The Bad

There's some ambiguity with how the titular movement works. It's clear that there's a crowd-driven element and that not everyone in Coral City who wants to fight corruption has the superpowers that make such battles winnable, but where does that put our team of heroes? Are they seen as equals among the masses? Do they view themselves as equals? Or are they an elite of their own flavor? We're only in issue #1, so it's likely that this will be answered as the series unfolds.

The Verdict

Gail Simone + a ragtag team of supers + a message larger than the story on the page = power combo. The Occupy movement and the workings of Anonymous are clear inspirations for the book's context, but the stories in THE MOVEMENT are very much their own. Simone walks us through this issue while setting up all of the pieces of the next one, and it's clear that we're about to see some amazing character-driven storytelling.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I picked this up because of the creative team. Secret Six was one of the best team books ever written and I was curious to see if Simone could catch lightning in a bottle again. As a first issue it did a good job introducing us to characters but I don't think this series is really going to be my kinda thing. May or may not give the second issue a shot.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I'll give this and Green Team a shot...though my monthly comics pull is already full to the brink, and one does not simply walk into my pull list.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

I've been waiting to see some reviews on this before jumping on it. I really appreciate Simone but considering this is a political book, and, well, she and I are sort of polar opposites when it comes to most politics, I wanted to make sure that there's an awesome story/cast going on here that overshadows any potential social agendas.

Speaking of which, does anyone know for sure if this and The Green Team (which comes out in a couple weeks) are part of the same story or not -- that is, are they both in Coral City and/or likely to cross paths?

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

good first issue.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Was waiting for somebody to review this. Can't really go wrong with Gail Simone writing a badass team book, imo.

MissJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: From what I've heard, The Movement and The Green Team are separate (but not unable to crossover - there just isn't one planned yet).

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@missj: Alrighty. The two were so often discussed in tandem that it didn't occur to me until today (when I realized they weren't releasing simultaneously) that they might actually be completely separate (I think I originally thought they were meant to be seen as two sides of the same coin).

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just picked up this book and this is what can I say one of the top 5 first issues I have ever read.I highly recomend it.Truly Awesome

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@akbogert: I asked Gail that in an interview:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/interview-gail-simone-talks-about-the-politics-of-/1100-146356/

CV: THE MOVEMENT is launching the same month as THE GREEN TEAM. Will there be any correlation between the two series?

GS: There is a shadowy connection…there are hints almost from the very start. And it’s fair to say the two groups won’t exactly see eye to eye…

I am a huge Franco and Art fan, any book they do gets an automatic read from me.

And for fun, here's a video interview on THE GREEN TEAM:

http://www.comicvine.com/videos/c2e2-13-franco-art-baltazar-talk-the-green-team/2300-2143/

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Mercy_

Just read this issue. Man, it's kind of everything I was hoping for and maybe a bit more. It had that dark undertone to it (reminded me a little bit of Birds of Prey: Between Dark and Dawn).

The art perfectly fit the dark and dire tone of the book and I think more importantly, the coloring suited that tone as well.

It's an issue that has me wanting to know what happens next and really delve into these characters and their respective histories and I find that I really don't get that excited about comic issues anymore. The only other books I'm currently getting that with are Gambit and Saga.

@missj: This was a great review. Could not agree more with it after having read the issue for myself.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: When I saw you'd responded to me I thought it was to my other (art) question, but this was a pleasant surprise, haha. I guess I missed this earlier, but it definitely addresses the lingering questions I had. Will definitely pick this up.

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FlashDamn

I am really hooked to this book its nice to seem some other team fighting the people in power other than X-men all the time

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By arnoldoaad

I really would like people's opinion on this

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/what-do-you-think-of-the-movement-1458190/

@missj: Corrupt cops who endanger the citizens they've sworn to protect make the choice to side with the disillusioned masses an easy one

but here is the question

are the cops Corrupt?

I really didnt got that impression, only that there was one crappy cop in the system.

Then the cops find a dead body in the street who had its eyes removed and they investigate as cops usually do

then they are informed that some guy is attacking a church, and think is the same. and they decide to go there to protect the church and the people on it and capture the bad guy, as cops would do.

and then this superheroes come out of nowhere and beat them up, kill one of them, wreck their vehicles, vehicles i will add are payed by the state, which means the money to repair them comes from the actual citizens The Movement are protecting, and then they pretty much organize the people to tell them "you cops are no longer welcome"

the cops were just doing their job and the movement was just protecting this guy who has superpowers and apparently some mental illness

I sympathize with the cops more than this team.

while Tremor and Virtue and Katharsis are all young women in the same age range, it's impossible to mistake one for another (not always an easy feat on a team book!).

well, its actually pretty easy when the 3 of them are completely different races, costume designs and hair

MissJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MissJ
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By dernman

I thought this issue was just terrible. I'll be honest I was expecting a to disagree with the ideas the book was going to present but at least I thought it would be well written. Instead of feeling challenged I felt disappointment. I see other peoples responses to this book and it makes me want to take mine back to see if I got the right comic.

Anyone else think those are Justifier helmets?

MissJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arnoldoaad: I think you bring up an interesting point -- the members of The Movement might just be dispensing justice as they perceive it, but it's ham-handed at times. I do think that the two police officers from the opening scene are intentionally shown to be corrupt, though; it's a quick and easy way to get readers on the side of the core team, and the moral complexity (both in the question of how many of the cops in Coral City are corrupt and the outside-the-system actions of the team) can build on top of that.

(Re: your point on the different races, hair, and costume designs of the three female team members, that's exactly what I was complimenting Williams on. Too many team books have homogenized rosters, and his character designs are varied.)

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By arnoldoaad

@missj said:

@arnoldoaad:

I think you bring up an interesting point -- the members of The Movement might just be dispensing justice as they perceive it, but it's ham-handed at times. I do think that the two police officers from the opening scene are intentionally shown to be corrupt, though; it's a quick and easy way to get readers on the side of the core team, and the moral complexity (both in the question of how many of the cops in Coral City are corrupt and the outside-the-system actions of the team) can build on top of that.

(Re: your point on the different races, hair, and costume designs of the three female team members, that's exactly what I was complimenting Williams on. Too many team books have homogenized rosters, and his character designs are varied.)

I actually dont think it was well handled how Gail tried to make the entire police a corrupt force by making 2 cops corrupt

specially because of the next scene where the Captain is shown going against them and trying to initiate an investigation but he cant because of some BS reason.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Dude ^^ don't you realise that's the point

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

@missj said:

@arnoldoaad:

I think you bring up an interesting point -- the members of The Movement might just be dispensing justice as they perceive it, but it's ham-handed at times. I do think that the two police officers from the opening scene are intentionally shown to be corrupt, though; it's a quick and easy way to get readers on the side of the core team, and the moral complexity (both in the question of how many of the cops in Coral City are corrupt and the outside-the-system actions of the team) can build on top of that.

I actually dont think it was well handled how Gail tried to make the entire police a corrupt force by making 2 cops corrupt

specially because of the next scene where the Captain is shown going against them and trying to initiate an investigation but he cant because of BS reason.

you cannot have moral complexity if you dont show the entire police as an actual antagonist, even the captain is not an antagonist. he was just doing his job and he was punished by having his wife cheating on him and being attack by rats and an angry mob.

Are you serious? Having the ENTIRE police force be corrupt is LESS Morally complex, it casts them as an absolute enemy. But when it's NOT the ENTIRE force, the heroes are in more of a gray area for seeing the entire force as an enemy.

And the thing with the guy's wife cheating on him was more about the other person involved in the affair. The one detective was defending the two corrupt cops, and it turns out he's the one sleeping with the Captain's wife.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bladewolf

Honestly, this issue was only so-so in my book. I just couldn't connect with the characters, and couldn't root for The Movement at all. Also...their names are totally lame. Katharsis? Mouse? Come on...for me it was a 2.5/5, but if I had to use this site's system I'd give it a 2/5.

soumya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I actually liked this book.I understand that we didn't get all the answers in this issue,but I believe in Gail Simone.She really knows how to write a team book.I think exciting things will be appearing soon

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

There was pretty much no nuance in this. Reminded me of the original Authority run in some ways, a power fantasy for the american political left, although on a much smaller scale. Maybe if I gave a crap about any of these characters I'd be into it, but I don't know them yet. I'll give a couple more issues a try but right now it reads like so much typical "darker and grittier" flexing but with the addition of ipads and fake Guy Fawkes (Guy Faux?) masks.

MaidenFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok so everybody in The Movement might as well being wearing Guy Fawkes masks because Gail is clearly referencing Anonymous. Great job, glorify a bunch of real life criminals and give them super powers. They just might get enough of an e-boner to steal more peoples identity

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
    DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Cafeterialoca

How can people like this book? The only character I could relate to was the police officer, and the "heroes' were horrible people! Sure, they were trying to stop the corrupt cops, but they were screwing over an actual murder investigation?!
    And I'm supposed to like the "movement"?!

I bet you that people only like this cause Gail Simone's name is attached. It was horrendous!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#26 inferiorego  Staff

I really enjoyed this first issue. Solid start here.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By doordoor123

I really enjoy this review. Next to Inferiorego, the best reviewer. All the others need to learn a thing or two from you guys. Really impressed with this review.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_mighty_monarch: yeah, I was thinking something completely different for Moral ambiguity

my point is that after reading this, the police are good people for the most part and the movement are just a bunch of arrogant assh*les

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, can't wait to check this book out just to see what all the fuss is about. I admit, I was hesitant to get this book due to the political nature of it. It seemed like the whole 1% jargen being thrown into my face over and over again until people start reciting it back as fact, etc... etc.. but still, I usually like Gail Simone's writing. I am kinda thinking based on the reviews the Captain is being set up as an inside man who will help the team but only time will tell on that one. A group of heroes that mess up police investigations is actually very realistic as very few heroes have any knowledge of forensics or police investigation. I might give it a few issues and see where it goes.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CBR gave this a 1.5 out 5, Ouch, even I was a little more generous

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=user_review&id=5955

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

CBR gave this a 1.5 out 5, Ouch, even I was a little more generous

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=user_review&id=5955

CBR has bad reviews in general.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_mighty_monarch: yeah, I was thinking something completely different for Moral ambiguity

my point is that after reading this, the police are good people for the most part and the movement are just a bunch of arrogant assh*les

To be fair, of the four police officers we saw, one was well-meaning (but arrogant), two tried to sexually exploit a minor, and one was sleeping with the first one's wife.

The fact that this "tweens" district exists, and the Movement has emerged, is indicative that the system is predominately bad. Consider the fact that the two who were actually caught on video asking the girl for a peek were still being protected legally. You can't honestly tell me that a system which would let those guys off without so much a slap on the wrist is "good for the most part."

I do think the methodology and cockiness of the Movement members is going to prove to be a little more nuanced; you can't just immediately say "yes, that's right, I have no qualms with that." Just like we've seen some good in the mostly-bad criminal justice system in Coral City, we're also shown some bad in the (at least thus far) mostly-good resistance.

(Needless to say, I liked this issue)

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:
    @arnoldoaad said:

To be fair, of the four police officers we saw, one was well-meaning (but arrogant), two tried to sexually exploit a minor, and one was sleeping with the first one's wife.

only there were more than just 4, of the 2 cops on the first scene, only one was asking for sexual favors the other one wanted to let them go with a warning and the one sleeping with the Captain's wife is completely irrelevant.

point is, if only the rapist cop is suppose to paint the entire police department as a corrupt force then I think there was a huge problem on the book

The fact that this "tweens" district exists, and the Movement has emerged, is indicative that the system is predominately bad. Consider the fact that the two who were actually caught on video asking the girl for a peek were still being protected legally. You can't honestly tell me that a system which would let those guys off without so much a slap on the wrist is "good for the most part."

The problem is that this cops are shown as evil and then we are given to some bullcrap reason for why they cant be investigated.

The Captain wants to punish this 2 cops but he cant, he is shown to be more as a hero in the book than the actual main characters and yet he is the one to be punished the most.

Lets think of this as a real world scenario, a cop is caught on tape to be asking for sexual favors in exchange for being let go, and then the tape ends in the media. there would be no system in the World to prevent an investigation.

and if such system exist in this city and the Captain of the police himself is against this system, why the hell doesnt anybody do anything about it.

the sole existence of the group and the methodology doesnt justify that this guys are corrupt or evil.

this kind of reminds me of the Wonder Woman TV pilot where she tortures and breaks the law left and right and it is only until the very very end that we get any justification to why she does it and even the guys who protest her methods are seen as villains when they actually sound to have the more reason.

I do think the methodology and cockiness of the Movement members is going to prove to be a little more nuanced; you can't just immediately say "yes, that's right, I have no qualms with that." Just like we've seen some good in the mostly-bad criminal justice system in Coral City, we're also shown some bad in the (at least thus far) mostly-good resistance.

(Needless to say, I liked this issue)

I guess my point is this

Showing 1 single corrupt cop doesnt make the entire Coral City Police Department corrupt, it doesnt even begin to even hint it.

we as readers of the book, as far as we know this is the very first incident of corruption from the entire department

so it just makes the team of "heroes" into a bunch of psychopaths and bullies with little to no justification to their actions.

TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved this! I will definitely be adding to my pull list, I hope this sticks around for awhile. New comics should always be welcomed especially when its as high of a caliber as this

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arnoldoaad: you seem to have a hard time dealing with shades of grey

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved this! I will definitely be adding to my pull list, I hope this sticks around for awhile. New comics should always be welcomed especially when its as high of a caliber as this

Im actually very curious on the positive notes, not because I think this is a good or bad book but Im really not sure what are people liking of this exactly

Why did you like this exactly?

Do you like this because you think the team is good, as in positive for the community because the police is evil, or because they are just breaking havoc on this city and the police are the good guys?and both are equally valid answers.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

love the concept and Gail Samone is writing it!!! Gotta READ IT!!!

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the S&M book?

what does tat have to do with anything?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By akbogert

@arnoldoaad: Rapist cop. Cop who plants drugs on the kid and then accuses him of being a dealer, and plans to lock him up and throw away the key. Cop who is sleeping with his boss' wife. Three different ways of showing that the police aren't morally upstanding in this community. Add to that the system which protects the blatant corruption and you have established as much of a "the police are bad" scenario as I think any comic book should need to. If the only thing you saw wrong with the police was the give us a peek guy, I guess there's not much to be said. I just read it very differently than you did.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

the S&M book?

no not the granny porn I was referring to this book having no good guys or bad guys, just guys. No blacks and whites just shades of grey.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

@arnoldoaad: Rapist cop. Cop who plants drugs on the kid and then accuses him of being a dealer, and plans to lock him up and throw away the key. Cop who is sleeping with his boss' wife. Three different ways of showing that the police aren't morally upstanding in this community. Add to that the system which protects the blatant corruption and you have established as much of a "the police are bad" scenario as I think any comic book should need to. If the only thing you saw wrong with the police was the give us a peek guy, I guess there's not much to be said. I just read it very differently than you did.

The cop didnt plant the drugs, the kid just responds "Im not dealing, Im not dealing" not that those werent his drugs, also look at the neighborhood, those were obviously his drugs.

the cop who is sleeping with the captain's wife is completely irrelevant.

about the system, first of all is a system that even Captain doesnt want to accept and is a system that is completely fictional and nonsensical .It is just hard to buy this as the evil guys when we dont see the big scope just a little tiny bit of corruption and then the cops trying to catch a murderer and protect people in a church .

@arnoldoaad said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

the S&M book?

no not the granny porn I was referring to this book having no good guys or bad guys, just guys. No blacks and whites just shades of grey.

oh, that makes more sense XD

I dont have a problem with that

it is just that I dont think there is any shades of gray on this book with the exception of Katarsis killing the rapist cop.

The Captain looks like the real hero of the book and the main cast look like the bad guys, thats how I see this book, if this intentional, then I think the book wasnt great, this issue was still pretty flawed but it has a very good potential, this could be another S6.

However, if that wasnt the intention then this was a terrible superhero book.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arnoldoaad: Well like I said, we read it differently. The first thing the kid said was that it wasn't his, and I guess what followed immediately made me believe that he was innocent. Maybe he really did have the drugs on him. Cool.

What followed, however, struck me far more as a "good cop bad cop" routine where the first cop was joking when he suggested they were "good kids" and to "let them go." What followed read to me as the cops taking the drugs for themselves, not actually as "evidence."

I can see how you would read that differently. But at least acknowledge that the scene could be read in a way which shows both cops as bad. Luis certainly didn't call out his partner for what he said to the girl, did he? If he wasn't participating in the bad, he certainly wasn't trying to fight it either, and for a cop -- considering this was basically a crime being perpetrated by his partner -- that's just as bad. Add to that the fact that the other cop (the adulterer) clearly works beside the Captain every day and lies to his face while betraying him, and, again, I don't think the onus for the entire department's corruption was meant to be seen as just on the one guy. It's a system which protects its own, no matter what they do or try to do to innocent people. Hence the need for a different brand of "justice."

I completely understand why you think it's ridiculous that such a corrupt system could exist (though I'd advise you to check out 1920's Los Angeles Police Department stuff...see the movie Changeling, for example, for a refresher on just how bad a police system is capable of getting). But I think the corruption itself was seen through more than just Mr. Peek.

TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arnoldoaad: I loved the artwork, probably because of the tone it sets for the story. The story completely caught me off guard when Burden switched to a villain type to being an actual good guy. I loved the new heroes and how they are differently from the regular DC Universe. The movement is not afraid of shaking up the DC universe and thats great, gives a great future to tell different stories.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: ok I we can agree that regardless of what exactly happen in that scene, both are corrupt cops

But you need to accept that 2 random cops shouldnt define the entire CCPD as corruptAnd I dont think is fair to pull out the adulterer cop as an example of corruption, after all we dont know aything about him and might be actually be a pretty decent cop.

about the corrupted system i have seen the Changeling and it was pretty good, the problem is that this is suppose to take place on the present, not in the 1920s, and this is suppose to work at least remotely like the real police system.

to look for example a corrupt police in comics, look at Gotham on Batman Year One, where it is established from the very first pages that the corruption is rampant and it starts from the very top and you keep seeing how corrupt it is as the story moves forward.

Here, Im just seeing 2 corrupt cops and the rest are just doing their job.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arnoldoaad: I guess I just don't have a problem with accepting that, for this book, this is the way the police system works. *shrug*

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

@arnoldoaad: I guess I just don't have a problem with accepting that, for this book, this is the way the police system works. *shrug*

It is not only that

Is more like the fact that this is just a little too convenient to make the police system, not even corrupt but, inefficient

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By akbogert

@arnoldoaad: Well only one issue's out. Maybe the hows and whys will be fleshed out later. But like I said, I guess it just bothers you a lot more than it does me.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By arnoldoaad

@akbogert said:

@arnoldoaad: Well only one issue's out. Maybe the hows and whys will be fleshed out later. But like I said, I guess it just bothers you a lot more than it does me.

for an issue one. the hows and why should had been a little bit fleshed out right now.

I dont wanr to see another Birds of Prey(N52) where we have to wait an entire year to actually know anything about the characters or why the hell are they even in a team or why they are doing what they are doing.

which btw BoP is still pretty bad on that still.

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titantempest said:

Im actually very curious on the positive notes, not because I think this is a good or bad book but Im really not sure what are people liking of this exactly

Why did you like this exactly?

Do you like this because you think the team is good, as in positive for the community because the police is evil, or because they are just breaking havoc on this city and the police are the good guys?and both are equally valid answers.

I like it because it is not necessarily a book of evil vs good this is a book that shows you different sides of the story it is not meant for you to root for anyone as a first issue it is just for you to observe and get to know the world and characters which was done pretty well and that's the whole point of have a first issue dont get too serious about it now wait for the next issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.