MattDemers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MattDemers

The Good

The Heimdall/Tanarus fight was great because we needed a way for Heimdall's "sight" power to be negated; it shows that Tanarus is still a bit of an ass, and not trying to completely

I wanted to point out the greatness of the Loki/Surfer scenes, as we tend to forget the importance of being "worthy" in wielding Mjolnir. Maybe seeing the Surfer struggle will bring some prestige back to the hammer after the whole "Red Hulk" debacle.

The art is lovely in this issue, and it definitely ties things together. I love the transition with Thor before and after he gets his hammer, and how much more robust he seems when he has it in his hands.

The Bad

Not much, to be honest. I really want to see Thor kick some ass in the next issue, which is a great thing to provoke. While I praised the Silver Surfer and Loki sequence in the above paragraph, its placement was a bit off and seemed to break up the story a little bit. If its position in the book was shifted in order to make things smoother, I would have nothing to complain about.

The Verdict

MIGHTY THOR is quickly becoming one of my favourite books due to its contained storylines and its effective use of existing characters while introducing good new ones. If there's one thing I can appreciate, it's strong dialog, narrative and progression, and MIGHTY THOR has it in spades.

---

Like this post? Follow me on my Twitter or my personal Tumblr!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.