hrdwrkngxsoldier's The Mighty Avengers #36 - WWJVDD (What Would Janet Van Dyne Do?) review

Avatar image for hrdwrkngxsoldier

Oh... the Underverse

Mighty Avengers #36

Wow! This issue blew me away. A lot of things finally come to fruition in this last Mighty Avengers book. Again with the lack of true sequencing to the Siege crossover there are spoilers within this book that may upset some people. The payoff for reading this title came through solidly though. I don’t know if anybody will ever write Hank Pym, Scientist Supreme as well as Slott has. The art in this book is also astonishing. Pham did an excellent job capturing the vastness of the underverse and giving it a shape…that shape was Janet Van Dyne. We finally get to see the entire scope of what the Infinite Avengers Mansion was. This is what made Reed Richards concede to Pym nearly a year ago. I had always wondered how awesome something had to be to surprise and amaze Mr. Fantastic.

Ultron closes in on Blackjack, Pym, and Jocasta with his army of brides. Pym’s intentions are discovered and Jocasta is not happy. It comes down to a battle of wits and the sacrifice of an Avenger. Afterwards Ultron leaves with one bride while Jarvis and Jocasta figure out how to go help the other mighty Avengers.

There is a flash to fill in some gaps in story that were in the Thunderbolts book, and this one actually made sense to read after Thunderbolts #143. Again the Siege story line is all over the place and the books came out in virtually no sequence. Basically Pym zaps in to see that there is a sacrifice being made, that US Agent is down, and that his team needs him. The final showdown of Siege is mounting.

4.5 out of 5 Avengers Assembled