mask_of_tengu's The Mighty Avengers #14 - [untitled] review

Avatar image for mask_of_tengu

Damn Nick Fury Always Disappearing!

After the brilliance of the last two issues, I am very disappointed with this issue. Nick Fury was the bomb in the previous chapters...Sentry is better in small doses...a full on focus on him is boring and stale.

This issue is a closer look at the Skrull's plans to take out Sentry...because he is the major overpowered, mentally unstable, hero/villain of Tony Stark. While I did like reading the Skrull Jarvis's speech to the Skrull forces...it just wasn't enough to give it a higher rating.

The art seemed lazy...if characters were not in costume I had no idea who they were.

For a Bendis book and Secret Invasion tie in...I am not impressed especially art wise...read it if you like Sentry...if not avoid it.

Mask of Tengu for graphicnovelbookclub.com