gc8's The Kents #11 - To The Stars By Hard Ways Part 3 review

Avatar image for gc8
  • gc8 wrote this review on .
  • gc8 has written a total of 1420 reviews. The last one was for

Winding Down

Tom Mandrake did an awesome cover for this second to last issue of The Kents. Things seem to be winding down all around. Jeb has left the James-Younger gang, Wild Bill is starting to loose his eyesight, and Nate Kent is finally reunited with Mary Glenowen.

I can't really say this is a particularly exciting issue. There's robberies and gunfights, but for the most part the Kents themselves are on the sidelines during these events. It's clear that a showdown between Jeb and Nate is coming, though. There are a number of little editorial oversights that kind of irk me, though. A coloring mistake where Joshua is colored Caucasian, a panel where the word balloons go to the wrong characters, a place where Jeb talks about "going back to Texas" when he's already in Texas, etc. Most of these are pretty minor.

I'm definitely interested in seeing how this all will conclude, and how it ties into Superman's origin.