amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge's The Green Hornet review

Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge

My Reaction: Stunned

Today, at about 12:20pm, I went to my local mall to see the first showing of the GREEN HORNET with my friend and fellow CV User, Loki a.k.a. DemonicBlade. After nearly two hours of slapstick humor and insane special effects, I have developed mixed feelings about this long awaited film. There were moments were I laughed and then their were moments where I thought it was pointless. I kinda like the fact that there were many references from the Hornet's past, mostly from the fabled 1960's TV Show, but the flim lacked drama and of course....CENTERY CITY (Not LOS ANGELES). Now I wish that Kevin Smith's Green Hornet was an actual movie (but nothing is wrong with comic book adaption). If there was another chance for a reboot for among many lame/failed superheroe films, The Green Hornet would be on the top of the list...along with Will Eisner's The Spirit.

Avatar image for longbowhunter
Posted By longbowhunter

This movie has been getting some extremely mixed reviews. I believe I'll probably feel much the same as you do after I see this. I'm sure there are plenty of funny moments, I just wish they went a little less "buddy cop" with it though. In a perfect world we might have seen a Green Hornet movie like Matt Wagner's Year One storyline.