Follow

The Flash

Series »

A CW TV series based on the DC superhero, set in the same continuity as Arrow and starring Grant Gustin as Barry Allen.

Wally West Cast for CW's 'The Flash'

• 166 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Keiynan Lonsdale has been cast as Wally West on The Flash on the CW and will be a series regular. According to THR, the actor known for his role in Insurgent was exactly what executive producer Andrew Kreisberg was looking for.

"Just like when we met Grant [Gustin] for the first time, we instantly knew Keiynan embodied all the heart and courage of a hero. We are so excited to be bringing this much-beloved character onto the show.”

The producers of the show have been teasing that there will be additional speedsters in the next season of the show. However, there's no news yet whether or not Wally will have his super-speed powers right off the bat.

The second season of The Flash starts on October 6 on the CW.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Let's hope he is better in the show than his portrayal in the comic.

MYadidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We just need the fun loving, optimistic, immature Wally back....Not a fan of the new Wally's attitude.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jeremy1989

You know I can see him portray Miles Morales.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sealife

As long as he acts like the old Wally I will be fine with this casting

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
    unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife said:

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

I feel like he'll be fun, everyone in the show is.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh that's right, Wally's black now. Good for them I guess, he certainly does look the part.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife said:

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

What a weight on his shoulders, now he has to justify the changes in comics, since they haven't.

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife said:

This. Also he does kind of resemble the look on the current Wally

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know I can see him portray Miles Morales.

why? is it because he is black?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stay calm, he could still act like the Wally we know. He could be good! He could be the perfect Wally West! It's not like this was the last chance, our last flickering beacon of hope to see the old Wally again! It's not... It's... it's...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I hope its a different costume than the new 52 one...

Or wait, is he kid Flash?

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Incursion

Meh as long as they get the character right I guess

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Cloakx14

i'm excited to see him in the show. i can't wait.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hope he acts like the classic Wally West. And if he does get super speed I hope he wears a variation of the classic Kid Flash costume.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jonsmith said:

Stay calm, he could still act like the Wally we know. He could be good! He could be the perfect Wally West! It's not like this was the last chance, our last flickering beacon of hope to see the old Wally again! It's not... It's... it's...

No Caption Provided

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which version of Wally West is he supposed to be portraying??? is this another screw up by DC or what the hell is going on ?

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems pretty good for the part. My only question is if Wally is Iris' nephew, does she have a brother? Seems a lot has already happened yet I can't recall if he has ever been mentioned.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020: new 52 futures end I think. All I know is that wally is black now, he might not be so bad, I'm sure he'll still be fun like old wally considering everyone is a good on this show

Bonzi161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets hope his background is less racist than the comic version...

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice, he's a pretty good actor

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@bonzi161: Right because seeing a young hero act out in the New 52 was exclusive to Wally.

Supergirl, Superboy, The Outlaws, Billy, and a whole catalog of heroes acted the same way. Heck if anything Wally ended up acting nice faster then most of them did.

Anyways, seems like a good casting.

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CrystalMaster

I hate everything about new 52 Wally except the fact that's he's black, i prefer freckled Wally, but i can live without.

All i know about this guy is that he's black, so long as he's different from the current comics in every way, he should be good.

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally West is officially dead to me.

F**k DC, because they obviously don't give two f**ks about their fans.

IAmNotGroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally West is black?! Anger! Ranting! Getting upset over a fictional character! AAAAGGGHHH!

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonzi161: Right because seeing a young hero act out in the New 52 was exclusive to Wally.

Supergirl, Superboy, The Outlaws, Billy, and a whole catalog of heroes acted the same way. Heck if anything Wally ended up acting nice faster then most of them did.

Anyways, seems like a good casting.

Do I have to break it down for you? Because I feel like I do.

They made him into a stereotypical black "thug" description that white people love to brand the black youth with. He is dressed like he he was born in the 90's and speaks street slang from that era, and spray paints. So ruin the character, and introduce him as a stereotypical black kid from 90's, which shows that the writer does not know anything about black teens of today. Mind you he also looks up to his career criminal uncle instead of his aunt that actually has things going on.

Oh and lets not forget the narrative of a poor young black kid, who's life is spiraling downwards, and on the verge of being a criminal if not for the intervention of a white man that comes in to make everything better. Because all young black kids need to become better people are grown white men.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By SupBatz

Please be fun...please be fun...please fun...please be fun...please be fun...

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally West is black?! Anger! Ranting! Getting upset over a fictional character! AAAAGGGHHH!

Why wouldn't they be mad?

When people spent decades spending hundreds of dollars supporting not only the character but the company itself.

All to be slapped in the face when their favorite character is changed just to fit a tv show, and cater to people that probably won't even pick up a damn comic.

They should be mad, because DC is basically telling them that their loyalty doesn't mean s**t to them

marcohtx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By marcohtx

Are people really shocked that he is black? I mean look at Joe & Iris. I think we can all agree that the Pre-Flashpoint version of Wally West is the version that we all love, and grew up with. The new 52 version has made Wally humorless, and into a tired stereotype of the troubled black youth. Obviously Wally was going to be black from the beginning, since Iris & Joe are black on the show. Remember that Grant Gustin looks nothing like Barry Allen, and we fell in love with him. Hopefully he can be everything that we loved about the original Wally, just with a tan. We need that sarcasm, snark, and quick wit. If we can get that Wally, I could never have a problem with this Wally West, especially not because of his race. Iris & Joe's race has never had an effect on their characters, so hopefully that will be the way that they handle Wally.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great pick, the west family are black now, so wally west should be black too.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Neat. I think he'll do the role well.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

OH YEAH!! Hope he does good!
    ~MiB

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They better not replace Barry with Wally

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt said:
    @iamnotgroot said:

When people spent decades spending hundreds of dollars supporting not only the character but the company itself.

All to be slapped in the face when their favorite character is changed just to fit a tv show, and cater to people that probably won't even pick up a damn comic.

They should be mad, because DC is basically telling them that their loyalty doesn't mean s**t to them

I KNOW RIGHT!!?!?!?!

I have spent all this money for my Flash who is white like me over the years and now they changed him to black and ruined it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't like Wally West anymore because he's black.

~MiB

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTFU kid flash is a white ginger kid

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt said:

Wally West is officially dead to me.

F**k DC, because they obviously don't give two f**ks about their fans.

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt said:
    @iamnotgroot said:

I KNOW RIGHT!!?!?!?!

I have spent all this money for my Flash who is white like me over the years and now they changed him to black and ruined it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't like Wally West anymore because he's black.

~MiB

No, you cant.

Especially when they change him for the sake of being "diverse", and matching a TV show who's fans can give a f**K less about the comics. Especially when this race change has turned him into a racist stereotypical depiction of black teenagers. That besides ruining the character for good, what he stood for, all of his connections with the other DC character especially the Fab 5. That with the fact that DC has been smacking Wally West fans in the face for years.

I mean they could have created a new character. Oh but it's DC, they don't know how to commit with new character. Look at poo Simon Baz over there in the ether of nothing.

Oh I know the could have introduced Jenni Ognas (XS), Barry Allen bi-racial granddaughter. They already ruined Bart Allen, so it doesn't matter if she was introduced now. Oh but that's the most rationale thing to do. But we are talking about DC here, so they decided to slap Wally West fans in the face.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: Wally was only there to fill in while Barry was dead, now that Barry's back he is no longer needed.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt: Joking aside, I agree that DC should be pushing Simon Baz and giving him some good stories. I have no idea why they aren't

Also agree that they failed to make the NEw 52 Wally West a good chacrter. THey just turned him into a stereotypical from the hood character. They should have given him his old funny personalty everyone loves.

But you shouldn't hate the character or DC just because they turned him black. That's just bigoted man

~MiB

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Gotham is going to cast and Asian guy as Mr. Freeze. and Jokers gonna be French."

^ To anyone who is black, thats how it feels, No one is racist and if you think anyone is then you are a !@#$, because none likes it when their characters change gender or skin color, it is %$#@ing annoying to grow on something/someone and then have it changed because of crybabys.

+there is no such thing as Race's we are all human.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@currentthor2015 said:

Wally was only there to fill in while Barry was dead, now that Barry's back he is no longer needed.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... Ooooooh... Hello, unfortunate target of my misdirected RAGE.

NO.

Wally West is the Flash. Barry is to Wally what Jay Garrick is to Barry: The predecessor that laid the foundation for the successor to build upon. Often imitated but never replicated, Wally stepped up to the plate of the Flash and made it his own in a way no other hero who started as a sidekick has managed to repeat. Nightwing got his own identity rather than becoming Batman. Kyle Rayner was effectively the one thing keeping the Green Lantern's alive while Hal was... indisposed.

Wally took the identity of the Flash and hit the ground running. Barry may have made the Speed Force, Wally perfected it. He started slow, but with every wall he broke down, he got faster. Hell, you want to say Wally was just filling in for BARRY? The story of the CW Flash is LIFTED from WALLY. Starting slow due to mental barriers but working to lower them and get faster and faster? That was Wally's story back in the day.

Wally pushed the boundaries of the Speed Force and discovered so much, became able to do SO much. When you hear about Flash being fast to an absolutely ridiculous degree? The completely insane feats on the Battle Forums? The infamous Speed Steal? Most of that comes from Wally. Wally didn't just 'fill in' for Barry as the Flash, he took the Flash to new heights. Was a deeper and better character than Barry ever was.

He was SUCH a better character, in fact, that to this day, when writer's have to put Barry in the animated movies, they tend to write him as if he was just Wally with blonde hair. Barry's running around in the comics nowadays, sure. But don't you for a PICOSECOND, believe that he's in because he's a better character than Wally and Wally was just 'filling in'. He's running around the New 52 'cause he's the one who brought it down on our shoulders. That's it.

We're done here.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jonsmith: i agree to wally west is the best Flash, Barry Allen sucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's black kill him!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ plz don't flag that cuz its sarcastically making fun of stupid comic fans that r prolly complaining rn.

IAmNotGroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt: The people like that probably don't even watch Flash. Dr. Wells isn't in the comic! Barry has blonde hair! The Flash has white in his symbol! Ugh! No respect for true fans!

Just like how there is Earth 1 Earth 2 etc. , The TV-DCU is another reality. So what if it has a black Wally? I think the term "fan" has a different meaning now. True "fans" now are a bunch of whiney bitches who can't accept any change. With true fans being like this, I don't even want to be classified as a comicbook fan. Call me an average reader, because I do not want to be associated with these so called "fans".

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully Wally isn't a troubled youth that sprays graffiti because daddy left. Wally being black makes sense here, can't complain when Aunt Iris is black as well.

Bring back ginger Pre-52 Wally in the comics, DC.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

i'll wait to judge

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mrkareemruiz

@currentthor2015: They will. and that's great news. Wally West is better then Barry.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.