Follow

The Flash

Series »

A CW TV series based on the DC superhero, set in the same continuity as Arrow and starring Grant Gustin as Barry Allen.

The Flash Episode 117 - "Tricksters"

• 64 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Note: There will be spoilers in our summary.

Recap

No Caption Provided

The episode begins "15 years ago" to the night of Barry's mom's death. Right away there's an eerie feeling because we know what's coming. What makes it worse is the added bits of seeing the two speedsters racing towards the house and the fight taking place around Barry's screaming mom. Despite knowing what must have happened, you can't help but think about the fact that there's still bits we don't know.

Cut to the present, Barry and Joe are talking about Harrison Wells and their suspicions with him. Joe points out that Barry's mom was killed by a speedster and Well's machine turned Barry into one. Barry wonders if he wanted him to turn into the Flash. The problem is, everything Wells has done has been to help and keep Barry safe. There's also the question of why Wells wants Barry to get faster. Barry is ready to go after him now for answers. Joe points out the blood at Barry's childhood home didn't match Wells' so it's hard to say if he is the Reverse Flash. Joe thinks it's scary that whatever Wells wants, he's patiently waited fifteen years.

At a park in the city, a bunch of parachutes start falling, carrying tiny little presents. As soon as they hit the ground, they explode. Barry and Joe see this from Barry's office and the Flash rushes off to the rescue. A video is released and a guy calling himself "The Trickster" claims responsibility. When Caitlin teases Cisco about being mad at not being able to name him, Joe points out that there was a terrorist twenty years ago calling himself Trickster as well. James Jesse is currently locked up at Iron Heights. Joe mentions he and Barry are going to visit him. As they leave, Wells asks Joe how come Barry seems cranky.

No Caption Provided

Another flashback to fifteen years ago. The Reverse Flash loses his speed. Gideon says the time jump has put a drain on his powers. The speedforce has been depleted within him. As he screams out in frustration, he removes his mask, revealing...someone that isn't Harrison Wells!

James Jesse is a creepy dude locked in his cell, looking like Hannibal. They tell him about the recent act by the new Trickster. James becomes outraged over someone trying to steal his act. He is insulted at an amateur trying to take his name. He won't help them but says the only way he could be doing this is if he found his lair.

Iris talkes to Eddie about Mason, the reporter that was onto Wells' secret, disappearing. He also told her something weird was going on at STAR Labs.

At Trickster's old hideout, Barry and Joe narrowly avoid a bomb booby trap going off in their face. Everything inside was removed. They return to question Jesse when the new Trickster posts a video blog about having a big bomb. They show the video to Jesse who flips out over someone else wearing his mask.

Wells talks to Barry, saying he knows what he's thinking. He tries reassuring Barry over them solving the problems. Flashback to Wells and his wife, sitting on a beach. They talk about the reactor and she suggests naming it STAR Labs. In the distance, the man who revealed himself to be Reverse Flash is watching.

Iris meets the Flash back at the coffee shop. She brings up her missing coworker to him. She's worried while Flash tries to reassure her. She senses he has a "heavy heart." Flash says, "Sometimes I'm not sure why I wear a mask with you." They're interrupted by another video from Trickster. He's mentioning having a big bomb again. The entire police force and Flash are searching for it. Wells deduces it must be a trick. There isn't a bomb to look for and he must be trying to distract them. Barry refuses to listen to Wells and keeps looking. When Barry finds the place, the crate that's supposed to have the bomb is empty. The real target was Iron Heights. Trickster broke James Jesse out. They also took a hostage--Barry's dad. They want Barry's dad since his son works for the police. It turns out the two Tricksters have been writing letters to each other. When the new Trickster asks why he chose him, James says he wanted someone to take his legacy and because it was in his blood. He tells him, "I am your father."

Barry blames himself for his dad getting taken. He says he should've listened to Wells. Another flashback to the night of the accident. The Reverse Flash causes their car to crash. When the Reverse Flash approaches the car, Wells begs him to help. The guy says, "This woman has been dead for centuries." Barry struggles with Wells possibly being bad but also having helped them so much. He's broken up over the idea of losing his dad.

The Tricksters reveal their plan. They poison several rich people at the Mayor's re-election party. They have to transfer their money to an account or they'll die in an hour. Iris is attending and calls her dad's phone. Joe's at STAR Labs. They can hear about the poison and work on an antidote while Barry rushes off. As he grabs Jesse and demands to know where Henry Allen is, a bomb is placed on his wrist. If his speed goes below 600 mph, it'll go off. Wells tells him to run into a wall. Moving at the same frequency, he'll be able to run through and leave the bomb behind. He returns with the antidote and cures everyone. Barry saves him just in time. He then reveals his identity.

Barry gets a little more time with his dad as he's brought to STAR Labs to meet everyone. Wells tells Barry he's lucky to have him. Barry replies he's lucky to have Wells as well.

Back at the accident, the Reverse Flash pulls Wells out of the car. He reveals his name to be Eobard Thawne. He says in the year 2020, Wells and his wife will build a particle accelerator that will change the course of history. He needs it to happen much sooner. Attaching a device to Wells, he manages to drain him and change his own appearance to that of Wells.

Joe and Barry let Eddie in on Flash's secret in order to help protect Iris. He makes up a story about Mason running off to Brazil with a woman.

Thoughts

No Caption Provided

Things keep heating up in this series. We keep getting curve balls thrown at us in fantastic ways. At its heart, this is a pure comic book TV show. With the appearance of Axel Walker as Trickster, we have almost a supervillain versus superhero situation straight out of a comic book. Having Mark Hamill reprise (sort of) his role as the original Trickster, James Jesse, was a brilliant move. Hamill's performance was channeling a little of his version of Joker with a dash of evil and craziness. Joe and Barry's visit to him while incarcerated gave the episode a nice feel to it and allowed for some great lines from Hamill. "I am your father"? Maybe it was forced but it was also pretty great to hear.

The big struggle has been for Barry and the thought that Wells is responsible for killing his mom. He's in a tough position because the signs are pointing to him yet there's the fact that he's pretty much essential to Barry making it and evolving further as the Flash. It's when he guides Barry into how to vibrate through a solid object that Barry realizes he has to be the Reverse Flash.

With two Tricksters trying to unleash their scheme, they come across as a mix between comic book villains and terrorists. It's a nice balance to keep the show grounded in reality while still maintaining a comic book feel.

Barry's struggle with whether or not Wells is bad along with the possibility of losing his dad is touching.

There's a lot of revealing going on. In some ways, it makes sense for him to tell his dad. He practically did before when he visited him and they talked about the Flash. You have to wonder what Henry's fate will be. Will he get out of jail sometime? Could Barry actually have the happiness of seeing his dad exonerated?

The reveal of Reverse Flash and his connection to Wells was pretty cool. We thought we had all the answers when Wells was revealed to be Reverse Flash. It turns out, yes, he was Reverse Flash, but he's also not. Then we see Eddie get let in on Flash's secret. Everyone is learning. You have to wonder how much longer Flash's identity will be kept a secret.

There may have been some comic book cliché moments, but that's what made it such a fun episode.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Entertaining, like always.

MrTubwubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I laughed when hamill said "I am you father"

Uruk_Hey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eddie is on the fast track to becoming hunter zolomon. minus the name, all signs point in that direction.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Completely flashed back to Batman the Animated Series when hearing Hamill's voice as the Trickster.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sachmoo

Does anyone else think having the Old Trickster in this universe means more than just a cool nod to the old show? I think we will not only find out that Barry's Dad once also had speedster abilities, but they will somehow Tie-in Jay Garrick.

Also in this weeks Awesome and whaaa? moments:

Flash can now phase through stuff.

Flash cannot move his arm before someone straps a bomb to it... Then cant react to him arming it.

Another head scratcher: Flash is told to phase through a building to knock the bomb off. He instead chooses to phase through a Carrier truck, containing GOD knows what.

HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was an amazing episode. Mark Hamill just using a lesser version of his Joker voice was amazing and worked out so well. The reveals were really wild and both of the big ones made me exclaim out loud.

In a tangential relationship, is Gregg not working for ComicVine anymore? I saw he posted a kind of resume on his twitter that directed to a blog that contained some of his writing from here.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was waiting eagerly for this review,knew it would be nothin short of 5 stars. It's been said before but this show is progressing at an insane pace(Like the title character himself) and it's doing it well and i love that!! Mark Hamill was great, glad he didn't go full joker with his voice.Liked what he did. Loled at one line in particular- When James says they gave him cable so he would stop killing the guards...

All the reveals in this episode were just swell, according to Andrew Kreisberg those reveals will be fleshed out even more :) and Barry pulled a Peter Parker this ep. if u know what i mean.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Sovereign91001

Easily one of the funnest episodes this season.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By righteous300

@sachmoo: please stop, my mind can only handle so much excitement.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Cap10nate

Another enjoyable episode. I like the plot developments. Last night was a good night as Agents of SHIELD was also fantastic.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By viin

Another good episode...the opening scene around Barrys mom was awesome and I too chuckled when Hamill said "I am your father."

The shapeshifting was a little weird but im definately interested in how this season wraps up.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
    unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great episode. The constant revelations are jarring

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: Lol I laughed at that line. And more so when Flash cured everyone of the poison and told them he did, Hamill said "that's not very sanitary!".

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@tattacus: Oh yeah that part too :D soo many funny lines from him. I liked that they acknowledged the convenient rescue and put a funny spin on it too.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

loved this episode...couldn't help but picture the animated Joker every time that Hamill spoke...loved it!

BigMan1227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@cap10nate: yeah, it was really awesome.People keep comparing Agents of Shield to the Flash but they are all really good for what they are doing. What's funny is that Agents of Shield isn't even a superhero show like Daredevil will be (and Daredevil looks like it will raise the bar for all superhero adaptations, and that it and the Flash will be compared like heck, and TRUE comic fans will see that both shows are so good you CAN'T say one is better than the other), but it's compared.

DarthDanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DarthDanMan

@viin: I think some sort of mind transference i.e., Doc Ock & Peter Parker, would have made a lot more sense and required less CGI.

I'm not sure if I've noticed it before, but the Central City Police Precinct looks exactly the same as in the comics.

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily my favorite episode so far, The Flash is quickly becoming one of my favorite TV shows in a long time. Also how long has Mark Hamill been waiting to use that line?

Kyle_Dornez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sooo, the question is - Where is Barry Allen? >=3

So if what I've gathered is correct:

1) Zoom and Actual Barry Allen duke it out through space-time, apparently doing their classic thing.

2) Zoom is stuck in the past, and Fringe-morphs into Doctor Wells (poor bastard T__T)

3) Builds a particle accelerator and (I THINK) triggers Barry's transformation into Flash five years too early.

4) So, what happened to old Barry, who fought Zoom in the past?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time I saw the new Trickster I just kept thinking man Count Vertigo really dolled up his look.

No Caption Provided

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I wonder how many takes they needed for the "I'm your father."-scene, because somebody laughed.

RexWing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RexWing

@ht101 said:

In a tangential relationship, is Gregg not working for ComicVine anymore? I saw he posted a kind of resume on his twitter that directed to a blog that contained some of his writing from here.

I was wondering the same thing. If so, he will be missed. Really enjoyed his articles and reviews.

And did anybody see Ollie dressed up as Ra's in that little post credit sneak peak at future episodes? There was alot going on there, got me really excited for the rest of the season.

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what happened to the real Harrison Wells, is it actually dead? Also I don't see why they let Eddie in on Barry's secret

HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexwing: His love of the TMNT series at IDW caused me to buy all of the trades for the series and now I love it too.

I love how the trailer was shown. This was the Paley Fest trailer I think so I had already seen it but I loved it all the more because I noticed things I hadn't seen before. They seemed to show Grodd more than they have and I wonder if we'll get to see him out in the open or if he'll just stay in the sewers for this season.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 things.

1. Anybody else catch the new Olli costume in the previews? LoA look..?

2. The fact that they'd tell Eddie and not Iris that he's the Flash is beyond contrived. At the rate she gets in trouble if they were gonna tell anybody it shouldve been her. Or at least stick to keeping it a secret

.....but i guess since it's not Arrow people arent gonna analyze the crap out of it and give it 2 stars.

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

I loved this episode up until the whole oddly quick body morphing thing. I will have to watch it again to see how it hits me then. It was an interesting twist but im not a big body/identity switching fan. its been over done in the comics. I loved Hamill's performance. This was arguably the best episode of the series-for me it definitely would have been had the big reveal a little different.

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Loved it when he said I AM YOUR FATHER.

Avatar image for vincent_valjean
    Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vincent_Valjean

Not satisfied with this episode.Both Trickesters were lame as villains,they pushed the plot too much and why exactly they revealed Barry's identity to Eddie and not Iris?The only interesting part was Eobard Thawne's story.I really hope they won't ruin the show like they did to Arrow.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

This was an excellent example of good stunt casting and playing into stardom without having it over run the week to week product.

Cheap Plug to User Review

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Really enjoyed last nights episode, was a funny one. I absolutely love every scene with Barry and his father together or when Barry is talking about his dad. Those are always my favorite scenes, they're just so well done.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#32  Edited By The Impersonator

@comicbookfan93 said:

I wonder what happened to the real Harrison Wells, is it actually dead? Also I don't see why they let Eddie in on Barry's secret

He's actually dead. The real Eobard Thawne must have hid the corpse somewhere or disintegrated it with the use of his device. There's no way Eobard would keep Harrison alive. There's also no need for it, because he stole his memories, knowledge, and appearance via transfer device.

The reason why Eddie has to know Barry's secret is because Iris wanted to know what happened to Mason Bridge. This proves a risk for Iris because the real Eobard Thawne murdered the reporter. Remember, Joe West came back to his house and found the papers were taken by the Reverse-Flash? The Reverse-Flash then stabbed a note on the wall, threatening Iris West's life, which is why Joe may have told Barry to tell Eddie the truth about the Flash. Thus, Eddie had to lie to Iris about Mason's disappearance to keep her safe. I'm not sure if she bought Eddie's story, but we'll see what that leads.

My thoughts on this episode...

What a big twist. This I have not seen it coming. I wonder who this new person was, playing as the Reverse-Flash. I was like...WTF? Man, the writers did a great job in this episode. Not to mention, the touching moment when Barry revealed his masked identity to his father. I think his father knew already back when he was injured in the hospital. And also, Mark Hamill as the old Trickster, telling a Star Wars reference to his son. That was pure awesome. Man, I feel sorry for the real Harrison Wells. He was a good guy, after all.

Another interesting tidbit on the crime scene, which Cisco and Joe investigated earlier in Barry's home. When Cisco told him, the blood didn't match Harrison Wells. It made a lot of sense that the blood was actually Eobard's.

Okay, I'll add one more thing about this episode is the theory of time travel. Now, we know that Barry Allen became the Flash in 2020 in the original timeline and later his disappearance during the Crisis event. There are questions regarding what actually happened on that night. What happened to 2020's Barry Allen after Eobard got stranded himself for 15 years? We have seen them, fighting each other before Nora Allen and then Barry protected his younger self, pushing him out of the way, away from home. The other question is this, why would Eobard want to kill Barry as a young kid? If he did such a thing, wouldn't it affect his own far-future timeline? It's like No Batman, No Joker. so that means, No Flash, No Reverse-Flash.

illmatic06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry revealed his identity to Eddie to convince Eddie to help mislead Iris regarding her coworker's whereabouts. People that tend to ask too many questions tend to end up threatened or dead.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might have been my favorite episode of the season. Just Awesome. But I hope that since it's now established their is a real Harrison Wells that they somehow figure out a way for him to keep his character around after this is over, as I really enjoy the dynamic with Wells and feel the team will be thrown off if he leaves. They could just make it like the firestorm thing, it's Well's body but Thawne's in control. So Wells could know what's been happening this whole time and doesn't have to catch up.

kevling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicbookfan93: purely to set up a conflict in a future episode, where Reverse Flash can't harm Eddie to protect his own timeline. That's my guess anyway.

Pelykan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not familiar with American work ethics but it seems kind of ridiculous that Iris just shows up at her bf/bff/dad's work EVERY SINGLE DAY. Also she was raised by a cop but finds it totally acceptable to break into a coffee shop while they could've just as easily met in front of the building.

And she actually started as a decent female character which is rare for CW.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That intro fight was incrdible.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By GalacticFork

*sigh* I love Mark Hamill and all, but during that part, just as he was about to say it, I was begging him not to! "Don't say it! Don't say it! Pleas... oh man..." So much cheese. Oh well. The rest of the episode was really good, so it earned cheese credit. This made me want him to play the Joker in a live action batman movie. Would be so cool. But I wonder if he wishes he wasn't a walking Star Wars reference.

Poor real Dr. Wells. The rest of the season looks really good, too. Pretty soon, everybody on earth but Iris is going to know Barry's the Flash, and the whole conspiracy will be held together by some flimsy excuse for her safety. Even the villains will be in on it, somehow believing they must protect Iris.

Gosh, during the teaser for the rest of the season, the part where Palmer flies down and waves all goofily and says, "Hi! I'm Ray!" Was hilarious and adorable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Words literally cannot express how awesome this episode. Mark Hamil knocked it out the park and it makes me insanely annoyed he's not twenty years younger. He could easily make the Joker greater than he already is. Out of time was a superb episode but this was really awesome to the point I was begging it to not end. The starting battle between RF and barry was epicley awesome. The reveal of Eobard Thawne was such a twist that I didn't even see coming. And that scene with the vibrating molecules thing was even better. I mean come on. How can this be better. I mean we still have six episodes left. I need this on DVD like now.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode worries me. The reveal of Eobard Thawne biomorphing into Harrison Wells shows that the Flash writers will go out of their way to make a plot that is convoluted. There was no need to use that kind of technology to show how Eobard Thawne got to the past. I was also not necessary to reveal Flash's identity to Eddie and not Iris. What are they protecting Iris from that Eddie also wouldn't need protection from? Again, another contrived plot direction.

At least Mark Hamill was able to bring life the the episode. I love his performance as Trickster and he has some great lines. While the "I am your father" line was pushing it, I cracked up when he said "that's not very sanitary" after Flash delivered the antidote. Give that writer a raise.

Barry's slow realization that Wells is suspicious was also a great build-up. Barry has now connected enough dots to overcome his optimism that there isn't anything sinister to Wells's motives, and the writers did it realistically. I thought Flash learned a bit too quickly how to phase through walls though.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great episode !

Avatar image for the_average_bear
    The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The Average Bear

@sachmoo: I think the only nod regarding the fathers role as the Flash in the original series is that he was the one that Hamill kidnaps, kind of like nodding to them fighting in the original series

Dusk_till_Dawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dusk_till_Dawn

@jewishdork said:

Completely flashed back to Batman the Animated Series when hearing Hamill's voice as the Trickster.

I know right?! It was so damn trippy as soon as he started talking.

Also, I know I'm gonna catch some flak from this, and a lil late on it, but I think Wally West -of New 52 lore- would be kinda cool to add to the show. 'BOO, NO BLACK KID FLASH!', you'd say, but seriously, they could take all of what Wally characteristics was in Teen Titans or Young Justice and use all that for his live-action persona and Boom!: the Wally West we all know and love only with a new color palette.

Besides...Silver/Black/Red > Yellow/Red any day :/

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@ht101 said:

This was an amazing episode. Mark Hamill just using a lesser version of his Joker voice was amazing and worked out so well. The reveals were really wild and both of the big ones made me exclaim out loud.

This!

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_average_bear:

Yeah I know. It could just be a,'oh that's cool, they used the original flash AND original trickster'moment. Or perhaps it could mean something. Just a theory.

DarthDanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo said:

@the_average_bear:

Yeah I know. It could just be a,'oh that's cool, they used the original flash AND original trickster'moment. Or perhaps it could mean something. Just a theory.

There's also that fact that he was saying "I am your father" to somebody named Axel Walker.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GalacticFork
    @lurkero said:

This episode worries me. The reveal of Eobard Thawne biomorphing into Harrison Wells shows that the Flash writers will go out of their way to make a plot that is convoluted. There was no need to use that kind of technology to show how Eobard Thawne got to the past.

The biomorphing was just to explain how the DNA during the fight wasn't Dr. Wells. And that Thawne stole the real Dr Well's life.

One thing that bothers me is that in the earlier time travel episode, why weren't there two Barry's? It can't just be a "only one can exist at the same time" thing, because there were 2 Barry's this incident 15 years ago (young barry and alternate Star-Labs invented 5 years later Barry).

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Lurkero

@galacticfork: The time travel plothole goes to proving my point. The writers are trying to do too much and are making things more convoluted in the process. I would have been okay with someone from the future being able to create a new identity and being able to live in the past undetected. They could have used other kinds of future technology to accomplish that. The evidence left at the crime scene didn't have to be blood.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Incredible! Jokes that are actually funny? Surprisingly good cg fight scenes?? Flashbacks that are just as interesting as the current story??? Great acting???? Real tension????? The list goes on.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lurkero: Hmmm, well, to me, the lynch pin that keeps everything fitting is the fact that Thawne replaced wells to speed up the time frame. He would have to have a way to specifically replace Wells. After that, all the details mesh (assuming you accept he carries around a magic body snatcher device at all times...). However, I think it's really dumb he's speeding up the time frame at all. He's putting his whole future at risk. So many possible unforeseen circumstances when he coulda just replaced some young person, chill for 20 years and let things happen just as they had before, and THEN go rig it to go back to his own time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.