Follow

The Flash

Series »

A CW TV series based on the DC superhero, set in the same continuity as Arrow and starring Grant Gustin as Barry Allen.

The Flash Becomes Bait in "Enter Zoom" Clip

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Did you watch this week's episode of The Flash? We saw another meta from Earth-2 and there was a slight twist. Next week, the hunt for Zoom is on. Barry and friends have come up with a risky plan to try to lure Zoom to coming to Earth-1.

Check out the clip for "Enter Zoom."

How do you think their plan is going to go? Hopefully Linda will be alright.

You can catch the next all-new episode Tuesday on The CW at 8:00/7:00c.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

This will be fun!

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
    MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Will Jay ever get his powers back?

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I fear not, the last ep really put him down both in terms of powers and what it means to be a hero, despite the guy going up against 2 meta humans without powers in order to save someone. I think Wells2 has replaced him and Jay may only be used as a sacrificial lamb when Zoom shows up.

MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattydavehalpeo said:

I fear not, the last ep really put him down both in terms of powers and what it means to be a hero, despite the guy going up against 2 meta humans without powers in order to save someone. I think Wells2 has replaced him and Jay may only be used as a sacrificial lamb when Zoom shows up.

I was thinking they'd do that, especially after last episode. I know the show's about Barry, but so was the 50's comic series, and that still featured Jay using his powers alongside Barry every now and again. As a Jay fan I'm sad, but at the same time a super-powered live-action Jay Garrick did sound too good to be true.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Looks cool. I haven't been feeling Zoom thusfar (possibly just because we haven't seen much of him, and because I thought Reverse Flash had a far more menacing appearance). But that last show of him getting all close to Linda was pretty chilling.

I applaud the decision to move Linda a bit closer to Team Flash. Looks like this will be a good episode.

WizendSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What episode does Wally make his appearance?

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this show but cisco as vibe? ew…. why can't vibe stay dead? Was wishing that the earth 2 characters would be a bit more colorful. jay garrick is kind of a doof in this.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattydavehalpeo: I hear you. I really wanted Jay to be the mentor role with powers for Barry and really fight alongside him. Sadly while his character has been great we have maybe a handful of times he has used his powers and while Jay has acted heroic and show a great brilliance to him in science and technology the latest ep kind of swept the rug from under him and is now trying to paint him as a coward.

In a horrible way I get the feeling Jay was more of a prop, a well written and quite enjoyable one but really just a prop to set up E2, Metahumans from E2 the wormholes and of course Zoom before he dies bringing everything almost back to a status quo.

Wells2 will be mentor again, the team will have some hiccups while they quickly adjust back into their rut until finale time where Wells2's daughter is rescued.

I think what urks me is the coward stance they took, it really rubs me the wrong was as it feels disrespectful to Jay when he has done nothing cowardly thus far, and then agree's to it? Almost like the writers are setting up for his death=redemption moment.

tx12100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At Some Point. Jay Has To Get His Powers Back.

MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattydavehalpeo: I hear you. I really wanted Jay to be the mentor role with powers for Barry and really fight alongside him. Sadly while his character has been great we have maybe a handful of times he has used his powers and while Jay has acted heroic and show a great brilliance to him in science and technology the latest ep kind of swept the rug from under him and is now trying to paint him as a coward.

In a horrible way I get the feeling Jay was more of a prop, a well written and quite enjoyable one but really just a prop to set up E2, Metahumans from E2 the wormholes and of course Zoom before he dies bringing everything almost back to a status quo.

Wells2 will be mentor again, the team will have some hiccups while they quickly adjust back into their rut until finale time where Wells2's daughter is rescued.

I think what urks me is the coward stance they took, it really rubs me the wrong was as it feels disrespectful to Jay when he has done nothing cowardly thus far, and then agree's to it? Almost like the writers are setting up for his death=redemption moment.

I agree with literally everything you've said here.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, just waiting so Barry can get their ass kicked again. :p

Also, they're trying to shoot a speedster?
    Then again, this has a tendency to work... Oh CW haha

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker said:

I agree with literally everything you've said here.

I don't think Jay came off as a coward, but rather just extremely protective, which he has a right to be. Until recently, he was considered the Fastest Man Alive, a title challenged only by Zoom. Jay is an adult, he's smart, he's fought Zoom before, he almost died fighting Zoom and he doesn't want to see that happen to Barry, because even if Barry is faster than him, Jay probably knows how to use their powers better, hence why and how he can teach Barry things about their power and the Speed Force.

It's like watching your child go off and enter the Marine corps. You know they'll learn what they need to do what they have to do, but you're likely still going to be worried when they get deployed. By comparison, Wells is more like that friendly uncle/aunt who takes the child's side and is always encouraging them because they know what the kid can do and wants them to succeed, even if his words can't convince the mother/father.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This plan is gonna majorly backfire!

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if only they had a cold gun

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does Zoom in the thumbnail remind me of the Cybermen from Doctor Who lol

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Kidd

Barry is just running towards that whipping.

if only they had a cold gun

Seriously, Cisco could easily make that, why not keep one as insurance?

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: You'd think after RF they would have at least one. If not, at least after learning of Zoom. Buuuut...

xsbrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since they changed the lore so much, what if Jay is Zoom in this iteration?

ips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yet another plot hole. Light is a meta. Linda is not. and suddenly Light's suit is the source of her powers?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.