Follow

The Flash

Series »

A CW TV series based on the DC superhero, set in the same continuity as Arrow and starring Grant Gustin as Barry Allen.

New Season Two 'Flash' Poster is Smoking

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

It's just a few short weeks away from The Flash returning to the CW for its second season and today, The Flash Twitter account revealed a new poster for the upcoming season featuring Grant Gustin as Barry Allen in a smoking Flash suit.

No Caption Provided

The Flash returns to CW on Tuesday, October 6.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

~Hype heats up~

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Maybe we'll have more than one actual villain this season!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: So assuming you are talking about Reverse Flash did you just not see Captain Cold, Heatwave, Grodd, Weather Wizard, Pied Piper, The Trickster, Blackout, Grinder, Peek a Boo, Golden Glider, Rainbow Rider, Multiplex, The Mist and probably a few more bad guy of the week types?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jacthripper

@titanbreaker: Yes, and they ended the season either dead, imprisoned, or working with Cold (who's an anti-hero).

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So hot...

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Grodd is still on the lose, Cold is an anti-hero how? He is doing what he wants if Flash or Police get in his way he will attack them with his crew, he is not trying to stop the big bad or shown any interest in doing so. He is a thief but he is still a villain as he should be.

Pied Piper is still on the lose. Can easily return in S2, Weather Wizard, Peek a Boo and Multiface all escaped near the finale, plenty of opportunity to see them return. Eobard is a character who time travels death is not a solution only a temporary affair, I am sure we shall see the Reverse Flash again in the future.

Imprisoned characters are not gone forever, in fact I would be very surprised if we do not get a big break out ep in season 2 when the regular police cannot handle them. We also have many more foes incoming, so just chill.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@titanbreaker: You beat me to it lol.

Can't wait for this season! I can't wait to see Zoom, the guys at the flash panel at CC Johns too all said Zoom is faster and more dangerous then all the other speedsters, and they're insanely fast so can you imagine? lol...unreal.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Loading Video...

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
    deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Captain Cold isn't an anti hero. An anti hero is still a person in the side of 'good' but just lacks the moral compass that most heroes have.

Captain cold is motivated by money and defaults to the side of 'bad'.

He's a villain who has redeeming qualities but he's no anti hero.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jacthripper

@soaringturkeys: Deathstroke is an antihero. Deadpool is an antihero. Captain Cold is an antihero. They all follow there own moral code, which sometimes leads them to do bad stuff and sometimes leads them to do good stuff in a bad way. They are all characters who lack heroic attributes, but end up performing some heroic actions along with villainous ones.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper:

na wrong man. If you are going to use words, you can't just make up your own definition for them. That's not how language works.

Google definition: a central character in a story, film, or drama who lacks conventional heroic attributes.

Wiki - An antihero or antiheroine is a protagonist who lacks conventional heroic qualities such as idealism, courage, and morality.

Dictionary.com - a protagonist who lacks the attributes that make a heroic figure, asnobility of mind and spirit, a life or attitude marked by action orpurpose, and the like.

Is Captain Cold a protagonist in the Flash? No. Is he on the opposite side of the protagonist. Yes.

Is he a super villain. Yes. Is he an antihero? language says no. The one time he was given a chance to redeem himself he showed himself to be nothing more than a villain.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soaringturkeys: He'll be appearing in Legends of Tomorrow as a protagonist.

Swampman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Swampman

@jacthripper said:

@soaringturkeys: He'll be appearing in Legends of Tomorrow as a protagonist.

That's what you see in the trailer, that's what they probably are trying to lead you to believe so that his inevitable betrayal will be more "shocking". Captain Cold and Heatwave clearly do not care about being heroes in season 1, and I doubt I time traveler will convince them otherwise.

I'm sure viewers really enjoyed the characters in Flash S1 and there is probably no room for them in Flash S2. So what would be the smarter solution? Stick them in another series for probably half the season, have them obviously betray the team in some way to create tension and story, and bam, they'll be "back in a flash" for Flash S3...hell, maybe I'm wrong and they'll come back near the middle-end of S2.

daingermouz20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So looking forward to this. I'll be glad when they give him his proper uniform like the news paper clipping.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: We are talking about the flash here. Not about a tv that has yet to air and hasn't even given us an indication of what his character is.

I guess by your standard, people like Croc, Deathshot, Harley etc are all 'anti heroes' just cause they can be on the side of good too?

I think you have the definition of anti hero confused.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soaringturkeys:

Deadshot is actually an antihero now

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadshot

Deadshot has traditionally been portrayed as a supervillain but has more recently taken the role of an antihero.

And so is Harley

Under Conner and Palmiotti's writing, Harley has been reinvented as an antihero rather than a villain.

Maybe you need to check what an antihero is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: And you took the bait.

Yes Harley who has murdered people right off the bat is an anti hero.
    Yes Deadshot who is an assassin for money who has killed hundreds, may it be innocents or children, without remorse is an anti hero.

Jeez. You really really don't know what an anti hero is.

I know exactly what an anti hero is. Mine is grounded by language. Yours isn't.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soaringturkeys:

a central character in a story, movie, or drama who lacks conventional heroic attributes.

Deadpool kills at almost random, and is completely crazy. He's considered an antihero.

Deathstroke is considered an antihero, and he kills people for money!

Punisher is an anti-hero, he slaughters dozens of criminals all the time.

They lack common heroic attributes, but still are not considered actual villains because they are written with some sympathetic attributes. Look. I've given you multiple examples of anti-hero's in comics, I'm not going to continue this, because you aren't understanding. Every character named so far is an anti-hero. Cold (CW) is an antihero because he was willing to cooperate with his respected rival. He doesn't care about the money, he cares about the game! He was willing to kill, he was willing to help, as long as it was to help himself. That's what an antihero is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: yeah

sorry anything you say is grounded in the belief that you think Harley Quinn is an anti hero.

Ergo you seriously don't know what an anti hero is.

Even you copy and pasting the definitions i've given you and the rebuttal that you wrote in the latter is already contradicting.

Sorry buddy. Just give it up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.