Follow

The Flash

Series »

A CW TV series based on the DC superhero, set in the same continuity as Arrow and starring Grant Gustin as Barry Allen.

How would a speedster get his speed back if their speed force was stolen by Zoom?

Mr_Personality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It seems that Jay isn't going to get his speed back for a while by the looks of how the show is going so far, and it's really disappointing since he's such a cool character. I'm not an expert on all things Hunter Zoloman, but I've heard that he can steal speed, which doesn't make sense to me since he just moves at regular human speed with everything slowed down(giving the illusion that he's a speedster).

If someone can clarify how Zoom steals speed force that'd be great, also if they could explain how/if a speedster could get their speed back

RyDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RyDub

I don't know in the first episode with the Jay in it fully they made it seem like he was a speedster but wasn't connected to the speed force. Which makes sense I believe there have been times in DC where everyone in the speed force was shut down but Jay still had his powers because they relied out side the speed force. I wont lie in the episode where he was suited up with Flash to fool the sandman dude, I thought he was going to move the first time Barry threw his lightening and it was going to strike Jay and give him back his speed.

I have two trains of thought one is that Jay will get his speed back near the end of the season and help in the battle to stop zoom

The other being that Jay is secretly bad, under the influence of Zoom, maybe threatened to the likes of he will never get his speed back unless he helps kills Barry. With the way Zoom spoke in last nights episode I am really starting to think Zoom is Earth 2 Barry. It would some what make sense and his suit is literally the same as barry's except black I noticed the similarites last night

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In comics, neither Zoom nor Professor Zoom could steal speed.

Currently writers have ignored Zolomon and Thawnes powers and merged them. No one knows how Zoom is stealing speedsters speed but I imagine hell be killed and some of his speed will be dispersed back to Jay, Barry and probably in to Jesse by accident.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

RyDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having just read an article on the Flash Arrow cross over for this season we may very well have our answer

Source (Contains info on the cross over so be warned before reading) : http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/arrowflash-crossover-unveils-hero-filled-plot

Harrison develops a serum to make Barry run faster and asks Jay (guest star Teddy Sears) to test it out.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.