Ok, so I was thinking of doing a respect thread for Arrow but @nickzambuto beat me to it. So, I decided to do one for CW Barry Allen.
Now, if you are one of those who ignores a season worth of feats because of one statement, then this thread is not for you. I'll be ignoring the statement made by Caitlin in season finale about Barry never reaching Mach 2. Because he quite clearly had surpassed that limit even before mid season finale.
I'll try and breakdown feats to best of my knowledge as well. If you think a breakdown is wrong, comment and I'll edit it into OP.
Here we go..
- Barry ran over 3 times the distance in same time a bullet traveled 15ft.
Barry was nowhere in frame when the bullet was fired. He close the distance and was able to deflect the bullet. Even if Barry was just outside the door when bullet was fired, he still covered at least thrice the distance the bullet did in same time. Now, the handgun used in this scene is Beretta 92, whose muzzle velocity is 380mps. So, Barry ran at least at Mach 3.4 in this scene.
- Barry ran many times faster than a shotgun shell.
Barry was again no where in sight when shotgun was fired. Even if he was standing right next to shooter, he still caught up to shells, overtook them and was able to move three people, standing in a triangular formation, out of the way before the shells caught up to him. Its hard to gauge Barry's exact speed since he moved in a zig zag path, its safe to assume that he traveled at least 3-4 times faster than shells. The shotgun used in this scene is Remington 870, whose muzzle velocity is 475mps. So, Barry ran at over Mach 5 in this scene.
- He took a selfie(Its more impressive than it sounds).
I don't have the slightest idea how fast Barry moved here. But this feat is very similar to the one Smallville fans use as Clark's FTL speed. Not implying anything.
- Matched/Outran Nuke explosion
Barry did start running before nuke(Firestorm) exploded, but the blast caught up to him and Barry was able to match its speed. Nukes have a detonation velocity of over Mach 20.
- Ran fast enough to create a vacuum around him.
Barry was doused by weaponized Phosphorus. He had to run fast enough to create a vaccum. To create a vaccum, one would have to move faster than air molecules, ie, above 2000mps. Barry ran at at least Mach 6.
- Dodged lightening.
- Ran fast enough to time travel.
Here, we see Barry running several times on city's coastline in a second. Its very impressive, considering that a city's coastline can be of hundreds to thousands of miles. This is most likely Barry's best running feat. Though, for some reason, probably because of exhaustion, he slowed down considerably just before he time traveled.
- Faster than explosion.
The explosion had almost touched Joe's face before Barry dragged him away in the direction of explosion. Barry must have moved a bit faster than explosion. Even the slowest detonation velocities are faster than Mach 5.
- Ran from Central City to Starling City in a minute, tops.
Starling City is at least 600 miles from Central City. To cover that distance in 1 minute, Barry would have to run at Mach 47.
- Ran from Starling City to Coast City in minutes.
- Collided while going faster than 700mph and only broke his wrist.
- Tanked hits from Girder, a metahuman capable of flipping cars and doing this-
- Took both cold gun(absolute cold) and heat gun(absolute hot) and wasn't KOed.
- Survived poison capable of killing a herd of elephants.
- Shrugged off getting thrown at very high speed by Thawne.
- Tanked a hit from strongman capable of lifting a RV and throwing it several hundred feet.
- He regularly one shots completely armored men and sends them flying.
- Melted Iron bars by vibrating them.
Now that we've established that Barry is actually very fast, lets get to try and debunk a misconception people have about Barry on battle forum. That he is inconsistent and gets tagged a lot. Yes, he does get tagged occasionally, but there's almost always an explanation for him getting tagged.
- He got tagged by Multiplex. That's because he was tagged from behind. A Multiplex clone tagged him from behind.
He got tagged from behind and then simply got overpowered. This has been a pattern for Barry. He is easy to tag from behind.
- During their first encounter, Snart was able to tag Barry. That's because Barry came in between Cold ray and Joe.
- Girder also tagged Barry twice. During their first encounter, Barry had shattered every bone in his hand and was in excruciating pain. That enabled Girder to tag him. After a few second, when Barry adjusted to pain, he was easily able to dodge his hit.
- During their second encounter, Girder tagged Barry from behind.
- The Arrow vs Flash fight breakdown-
Oliver tagged Barry quite a few times during their fight, but there is always a reason.
Oliver tied Barry with a rope arrow(?) from behind.
Oliver then fired two explosive arrows which Barry dodged. Barry, however, did not know that they will explode and was caught in explosion. Also, he had his back turned to the explosion.
Oliver then used the time Barry was stunned to get behind him and shot a tranq arrow.
Oliver classic trick to tag Barry in h2h. He threw a punch and forced Barry to move in a position where Oliver had already threw another punch. That's how slower characters tag faster characters in comics all the time. Don't hit where the faster person is. Hit where he's going to be. This is more of Oliver's feat than anything.
Then Oliver used his pre placed crossbows to force Barry to catch the arrows and turn his back to him. Oliver then threw an arrow through his leg. From behind.
Oliver caught Barry's superspeed punch and held Barry in one place till the light did their job.
- He got tagged by Cold again because it decreases his speed.
- Peek-a-boo was able to tag Barry in their final fight.
See a pattern there? She kept teleporting behind him to tag him.
- Eling was able to tag Barry with a shrapnel bomb because the shrapnels were especially designed to follow kinetic energy, ie, Flash.
- He deliberately caught the missile fired by Eling's soldiers, trying to pull the trick he pulled on Cisco's drones, but it exploded in his hand. And he was doused by weaponized Phosphorus.
- He got tagged by Bug Eyed Bandit's bees because it was an omnidirectional attack. He could possible have dodged them. Plus, the bees were very fast. They kept up with both Barry and Ray.
- Everyman also landed quite a few hits on Barry. That was because he used pepper spray to blind him. He transformed into Caitlin which visibly disturbed Barry and used that opening as an advantage to pepper spray him. Barry fought rest of the battle blinded.
- Mardon was able to tag him with lightening because Barry was distracted by Deathbolt's attack.
I might have missed a few instances.
Barry is not inconsistent. He just doesn't look behind him much and that allows others to tag him. However,he has reacted to people attacking him from behind many times. Like the arrows he caught during his fight with Oliver.
What do you think of this thread? If you think I missed something, comment and I'll add it in OP.