capn_carrot's The Flash #22 - Reverse, Part 3 review

Avatar image for capn_carrot

Barry and Iris and Iris and Patty (oh, and the Reverse-Flash)

The much-teased first meeting between The Flash and the Reverse-Flash finally happens but before that we get some nice interaction between The Flash and Iris (who he protects by putting in a suit similiar to his own to hide her from the Speed Force Killer). Francis Manapaul produces some beautiful panels of the two together before our hero leaves Iris with his current girlfriend (who we can tell is less than happy with the attention Barry is showering on Iris) before checking on Elias and finally meeting the Reverse-Flash face-to-face.

I'm still not a fan of the new look of the Reverse-Flash (bring back the Yellow suit!!!!!!) but there's a lot to enjoy .

You can find more of my reviews (with images) on RazorFine Reviews

Other reviews for The Flash #22 - Reverse, Part 3

The Stage is Set 0

Ok. That cover. Is Stunning. Such a simplistic but clever idea coupled with PHENOMENAL execution... Just... wow. Beautiful. Perfect. Menacing. Catchy. Everything.The mystery of Reverse-Flash develops at a nice pace this issue, much more akin to the beginning of the arc than the unfortunate filler tangent last issue. Unfortunately this issue delves more into teasing a Barry-Patty-Iris love triangle, the idea of which infuriates me to no end because of all the amazing relationship developments we...

The Flash #22 Rating 0

Cover & Solicit - 2/5Would I pick-up or buy the comic based on the solicit or cover alone?Are the alternate covers appealing?Does the solicit and cover portray what happens in the issue?Do I like the artist's style on the cover?Art, Colors & Inking - 4/5- Weighted DoubleDo I personally like this artist's style?Does the artist stay true to the characters appearance?If there are multiple artists do they blend well and not disturb the reading experience?Does the coloring/inking blend well w...