Follow

The Doctor

Character » The Doctor appears in 2191 issues.

A super-intelligent alien Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey, the Doctor travels throughout time and space, adventuring and righting wrongs with his/her companions.

The Doctor Returns and Amy Pond Leaves...

russia599

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By russia599
    No Caption Provided

With Series 7 Part 1 just wrapped up, we bid a farewell to the Ponds. Rory and Amy have been travelling with the Doctor since 2010 and during this time they have both become two of the most popular companions ever. They both left us last weekend in the tear-jerking finale with the weeping angels being responsible for their 'deaths'.

What seems strange to me is that less than a week after there departure from the TARDIS, the new Doctor Who ongoing is launched and to my surprise Amy and Rory are the companions, I think this may be a problem when Oswin Oswald takes the regins and prepare to be the latest addition to the Doctor's vast companion gallery. Of course they could easily solve this problem by stating this was set in between Series 5 and 6 or between 6 and 7, but frankly, despite Amy being my favourite companion, I want to see more of Oswin due to her amazing appearance in Asylum of the Daleks. What do you think about the Ponds staying on in Diggle and Buckingham's Doctor Who? And what did you think of Oswin in her early debut in Series 7?

Please follow me if you really enjoyed this and expect more Doctor Who, X-Men and Batman coming from me in the following months!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.