Hatori Chise has lived a life full of neglect and abuse, devoid of anything resembling love. Far from the warmth of family, she has had her share of troubles and pitfalls. Just when all hope seems lost, a fated encounter awaits her. When a man with the head of a beast, wielding strange powers, obtains her through a slave auction, Chise's life will never be the same again. The man is a "magus," a sorcerer of great power, who decides to free Chise from the bonds of captivity. The magus then makes a bold statement: Chise will become his apprentice - and his wife!
- Chapter 21: Looks breed love.
- Chapter 22: A contented mind is a perpetual feast.
- Chapter 23: Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
- Chapter 24: There's no place like home.
- Chapter 25: Even the longest night has an end.
Log in to comment