Follow

The Amazing Spider-Man

Movie » The Amazing Spider-Man released on July 03, 2012.

A Marc Webb directed reboot of the Spider-Man film franchise, retelling the origin story of Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man.

This Thread Has Spoilers. The Amazing Spiderman Movie discussion

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheCrowbar

Anyone else at the end of the movie felt like yelling at the screen "KEEP YOUR PROMISE YOU RETARD! YOU'RE GOING TO SNAP HER NECK IF YOU STAY WITH HER! DID UNCLE BEN'S DEATH TEACH YOU NOTHING!?"

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

If anything, it's "Didn't Capt. Stacy's death teach you anything?" But the movie needed some sort of happy ending for the average moviegoer. I like that it sets up for their relationship continuing though, and Gwen's death (fingers crossed) at the hands of Green Goblin is going to be all the more tragic when it happens.

Rowen545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Rowen545

Also its easy to make a promise, but hard to keep it. Parker may have meant to keep it but having to see Gwen every day will ware him down over time.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Am I the only who doesn't want Gwen to die? 

She compliments Peter perfectly, being able to stand next to him on an intellectual level while also being his shoulder to lean on. Most importantly, she makes sense in this world as it's all over the top science that needs brilliant minds to deal with them; a world where an actress/model like Mary Jane just wouldn't work.

Plus, Emma Stone just made a great love interest as Gwen Stacy. Her rebellious attitude and willingness to do whats right despite the risks it puts herself in is exactly the kind of girl Peter needs in his life.

Hyrul3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hyrul3

I don't want Gwen to die either, she is Peter's equal. Gwen is so intelligent and is perfect for Peter, and I loved the chemistry between Emma Stone and Garfield especially since they're dating irl.

When you compare Gwen and Mary Jane, Gwen just seems like a better match for Peter and it's sad that she dies. Maybe I'm just hating on Mary Jane because of Kirsten Dunst's awful portrayal of her.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@Hyrul3 said:

I don't want Gwen to die either, she is Peter's equal. Gwen is so intelligent and is perfect for Peter, and I loved the chemistry between Emma Stone and Garfield especially since they're dating irl.

When you compare Gwen and Mary Jane, Gwen just seems like a better match for Peter and it's sad that she dies. Maybe I'm just hating on Mary Jane because of Kirsten Dunst's awful portrayal of her.

I completely agree. She and Peter have great chemistry together and this was shown perfectly in the movie.

Personally, I've never been a big fan of Mary Jane and have always liked Gwen more as I felt she was better suited for Peter as she was almost as smart as he was and cared deeply about him. While I know Mary Jane loves him as well, it's the fact that when it comes to intelligences, she lacks heavily in.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

So... That was totally Norman Osborn at the end.

Th3irdEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Th3irdEye

I've been trying to find out who the villain in the extra clip at the end was. It's definitely not Norman Osborn. I found an interview online where that option was ruled out. Right now the best I have to go on is Sundown, who makes sense because it has to be related to Oscorp and it seemed like he teleported both in and out of the cell.

EDIT: I've been a member and lurker for years (mainly because of GiantBomb) but it seems this is the first time I've actually posted here. Go me.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SandMan_

Wonder if Mary Jane will be in the sequel...Hopefully they'll pick someone who is an actual model this time.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By moywar700

spider-man stop took off his mask for people too many times .He took off his mask for gwen's dad and the police is near. He also took off the mask for the little kid who was about to die in the car. It amazing me why nobody was able to get one of them guy who work for the police who draws criminals faces when people give them the description.Why didn't the police who saw his face say anything?Or they could had integrated the little kid?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheCrowbar

@moywar700 said:

spider-man stop took off his mask for people too many times .He took off his mask for gwen's dad and the police is near. He also took off the mask for the little kid who was about to die in the car. It amazing me why nobody was able to get one of them guy who work for the police who draws criminals faces when people give them the description.Why didn't the police who saw his face say anything?Or they could had integrated the little kid?

It's hard to show emotion with the mask on. Without an internal dialogue we'd never know how he felt. That being said there are better ways, like more of him being a smart ass.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By moywar700

Peter didn't also becoming spider-man until in hour into the movie. It movie would had saved sooo much time if peter parker had just kept a journal.Like we could had some everything up in 3 paragraphs and they would had saved us alot of time in the movie.

"dear journal, I just became spider-man through an accident and uncle ben died blah blah blah ."

I think the movie should had talked through a journal about it but not go through 1 hour of the film and leading it up to that point.It would had offered nothing new and the movie could had been talked about something else.

I also didn't like how gwen stacy didn't talk about how at all much about being a superhero .During the scene at the football field,gwen stacy should had said something about being a superhero and hard it is and it's dangerous and stupid. How people are gonna get mad at you for not saving them rather than someone else and letting them die. All we got was a silly love scene in the football field when they have a love scene through most of the time they meet.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @moywar700 said:

First off, as far as I remember (only saw the movie once), his mask was only removed twice in which it revealed his ideitity to someone. Once to the kid on the bridge, second time was to Gwen's father who took it off himself, not willingly by Peter. Not to mention that Captain Stacy is dead anyways so he really doesn't count anymore as he's...y'know dead.

As for the other police officers, they never got a good look at his face as he kept his face down where it was hard to see. Plus it was the middle of the night, he was jumping around and beating the crap out of them, so that's actually believable.

As for the kid on the bridge, as far as we know, no one knows that kid saw Spider-Man's face nor would that kid probably remember what he looks like to begin with anyways.

The only other time his identity was revealed was when he revealed it to Gwen (similar to how Peter did with Mary Jane in the Ultimate Spider-Man comics) and the second time was with his name being on his camera that Lizard found, but in Peter's defense I doubt he was planning on leaving the camera there, so that was by accident. So really in total, unless I forgot someone, his identity was only revealed four times in the whole film, with one of the four being dead, so technically only three people, and I'd say it's safe to say that the little boy doesn't even count as I doubt he'd remember what Peter looks like anyways.

So when you look at it, I really don't think it's that big of a deal as people try to make it out to be.
    moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By moywar700

@War Killer said:

@moywar700 said:

First off, as far as I remember (only saw the movie once), his mask was only removed twice in which it revealed his ideitity to someone. Once to the kid on the bridge, second time was to Gwen's father who took it off himself, not willingly by Peter. Not to mention that Captain Stacy is dead anyways so he really doesn't count anymore as he's...y'know dead. As for the other police officers, they never got a good look at his face as he kept his face down where it was hard to see. Plus it was the middle of the night, he was jumping around and beating the crap out of them, so that's actually believable. As for the kid on the bridge, as far as we know, no one knows that kid saw Spider-Man's face nor would that kid probably remember what he looks like to begin with anyways. The only other time his identity was revealed was when he revealed it to Gwen (similar to how Peter did with Mary Jane in the Ultimate Spider-Man comics) and the second time was with his name being on his camera that Lizard found, but in Peter's defense I doubt he was planning on leaving the camera there, so that was by accident. So really in total, unless I forgot someone, his identity was only revealed four times in the whole film, with one of the four being dead, so technically only three people, and I'd say it's safe to say that the little boy doesn't even count as I doubt he'd remember what Peter looks like anyways. So when you look at it, I really don't think it's that big of a deal as people try to make it out to be.

I'm still not convinced. Peter had a full-blown conversation with gwen's dad when he's ID was found out.The policemen surely had scene his face while he was talking to gwen's dad. I mean there were cops standing in the background and there was lights on his face during that scene.

I am convinced that the police integrated the little kid and his dad because peter said his name was spider-man to the little kids father. The next day, the media called Peter-Parker spider-man.I guess I can let that pass because they may have not known if the little kid knows like you said.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @moywar700 said:

@War Killer said:

@moywar700 said:

First off, as far as I remember (only saw the movie once), his mask was only removed twice in which it revealed his ideitity to someone. Once to the kid on the bridge, second time was to Gwen's father who took it off himself, not willingly by Peter. Not to mention that Captain Stacy is dead anyways so he really doesn't count anymore as he's...y'know dead. As for the other police officers, they never got a good look at his face as he kept his face down where it was hard to see. Plus it was the middle of the night, he was jumping around and beating the crap out of them, so that's actually believable. As for the kid on the bridge, as far as we know, no one knows that kid saw Spider-Man's face nor would that kid probably remember what he looks like to begin with anyways. The only other time his identity was revealed was when he revealed it to Gwen (similar to how Peter did with Mary Jane in the Ultimate Spider-Man comics) and the second time was with his name being on his camera that Lizard found, but in Peter's defense I doubt he was planning on leaving the camera there, so that was by accident. So really in total, unless I forgot someone, his identity was only revealed four times in the whole film, with one of the four being dead, so technically only three people, and I'd say it's safe to say that the little boy doesn't even count as I doubt he'd remember what Peter looks like anyways. So when you look at it, I really don't think it's that big of a deal as people try to make it out to be.

I'm still not convinced. Peter had a full-blown conversation with gwen's dad when he's ID was found out.The policemen surely had scene his face while he was talking to gwen's dad. I mean there were cops standing in the background and there was lights on his face during that scene.

I am convinced that the police integrated the little kid and his dad because peter said his name was spider-man to the little kids father. The next day, the media called Peter-Parker spider-man.I guess I can let that pass because they may have not known if the little kid knows like you said.

Debatable, but doubtful in my opinion. Like I said, it was night time and he did keep his face down to where it was hard to make out who he exactly was. The only people close enough who could possibly see his face were seemingly unconscious, aside from Gwen's father. Even if there were cops in the background, like I said it was the middle of the night, there were lights flying everywhere from helicopters so that too is pretty distracting, but even so would be hard to make out a face, much less remember any major facial details. As best, they simply know he has white skin and brown hair, possibly black to them, which could be anyone.

I find it highly unlikely that the police interrogated a little child, at best the media asked him a few questions, but there's not evidence that proves that the police even knew the child had an encounter with Spider-Man. As for how the police and media knew his name was Spider-Man, Spidey did tell the boy's father that he was Spider-Man (if memory serves) so he could have been asked by the media or even the police about the incident and him happen to mention that. But again, I highly doubt that the police even spoke to the boy.
    Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Jedted

I wasn't sure if i would like this reboot but as i came out of the theater i couldn't wait for the sequel. Andrew Garfield was great as Peter Parker and Amazing as Spider-man!

One of the problems with Toby was the same thing i dislike about Val Kilmer and Christian Bale's Batmen(good as Bruce Wayne, bad as Batman). Garfield's portrayal i think strikes a good balance, he starts off as pretty nerdy but once he becomes Spidey he becomes more confident in himself. The scene where Peter defends his(Spider-man's) actions to Capt. Stacey was really great.

A lot about this movie reminds me of "The Dark Knight", specifically when Capt Stacy pulls off Spidey's mask he immediately starts beating up all those swat guards. The way that whole fight was choreographed just screams "DARK KNIGHT".

Not having a strong affection for Gwen Stacey i thought Emma Stone did okay and it makes me a little sad that she will probably die in the sequel. I was always more of a Mary-Jane fan from the 90's animated series. I wouldn't mind seeing Spidey team up with Black Cat to fight who ever the new villain will be, maybe Felicia can be the one to comfort Peter when he accidentally kills Gwen.

Martin Sheen and Sally Field were great...'nuff said. I like how Uncle Ben didn't just recite the nerdy "Power/Responsibly" line.

I'm kinda disappointed we didn't get to see any JJ Jameson, thought maybe they have a bonus scene where Peter claims that reward for the Lizard photos. Pretty hard to picture anybody in that role besides JK Simmons though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.