Follow

The Amazing Spider-Man

Movie » The Amazing Spider-Man released on July 03, 2012.

A Marc Webb directed reboot of the Spider-Man film franchise, retelling the origin story of Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man.

New "Amazing Spider-Man" Movie Poster Touts Untold Story

• 80 results
    dothegoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By dothegoblin

I am seriously concerned about this film. Whilst I did enjoy the first two Spider-Man movies, I had considerable issues with the characterisations of all of the villains. Spidey has the best rogues gallery out of any superhero, and they need handling with care. The Green Goblin is my favourite villain of all time, and they turned him into hammy piece of crap who was a bit of a dick before ending up with a bizarre split personality due to the formula. That's not the Norman I know and love. Doc Ock, on the other hand, was a perfectly reasonable bloke being controlled by his tentacles, as opposed to the utterly mad scientist I want to see. Spidey's villains are deep characters, so the films really didn't need to turn them into these conflicted, "not-quite-evil, just misguided and mentally unstable" guys. Don't even get me started on the lack of villainy from Sandman.

Now, we're getting a new movie with the Lizard, and apparently Proto-Goblin as a villain. Anyone who can explain how Proto-Goblin will work without Norman Osborn can have an award right here and now, but it's the Lizard I'm really concerned about. I'm not sure that the Lizard works as a first film villain, because with all the other stuff that will be going on with Peter becoming Spider-Man, is there going to be enough time to build his relationship with Curt Connors? Or will this be another Venom-type-thing? The Lizard only works if we care about the man he was before. He's also not really the sort of street level villain that fits Spidey anyway.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By cloudzackvincent

i think by untold story they will just tell the ultimate story..and i think "the untold story " tagline is geared towrds the general non comicbook reading audience..

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#53  Edited By ReVamp

It can't be that bad.

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Comiclove5

@Iron_Turtle said:

I have a horrible feeling about this movie.

To be more specific the same feeling I had when I saw the first trailer for the Green Lantern Movie.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By moywar700

i have faith in this movie. i hope its good

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#56  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I think this will be just as good as Thor,Captain America,and First Class.

phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By phoenix654

Neat graphic, but I've been burned by Spidey before... hopefully this one turns out well. Glad we're back to mechanical web shooters.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
    mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By mightyrearranger

This is a cool poster...

...but it would have looked so much cooler with Donald Glover up there clinging to that wall. :D

Avatar image for cincyducksfan35
    cincyducksfan35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By cincyducksfan35

Do not see this movie! The more Spider-Man movies people go see then the longer sony will hang onto the license. Wouldn't everyone like to see a movie done by Marvel like Iron Man Cap and Thor have been done? That sounds way better to me.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By sentryman555

@SexualLobster: Thanks! That picture even blurry just amped up my want to watch it!

ulrich200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ulrich200

@AirDave817 said:

The poster looks pretty cool. But what Untold Story are they referring to I wonder?...

I guess we'll find out July 3rd, 2012...

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#62  Edited By entropy_aegis

This is quite cool.

spideriron1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63  Edited By spideriron1

This looks pretty good but im not sure about everything yet looks pretty easy to screw this up, but what the hell we are all going to see it anyway

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#64  Edited By Saren

I've got a feeling this will be much better than the Avengers. Looking forward to it.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Night Thrasher

I'm going to see it...but I feel that it won't live up to the Raimi franchise (except for 3).

krilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#66  Edited By krilling

Not bad.

GreenFuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By GreenFuse

Sick poster. Can't wait for the movie.

Avatar image for metropoliskid41
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By MetropolisKid41

I'm hoping this movie rocks, seems weird that the Daily Bugle and J, Jonah Jameson wont have any part in it tho.

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SexualLobster

@dothegoblin said:

I am seriously concerned about this film. Whilst I did enjoy the first two Spider-Man movies, I had considerable issues with the characterisations of all of the villains. Spidey has the best rogues gallery out of any superhero, and they need handling with care. The Green Goblin is my favourite villain of all time, and they turned him into hammy piece of crap who was a bit of a dick before ending up with a bizarre split personality due to the formula. That's not the Norman I know and love. Doc Ock, on the other hand, was a perfectly reasonable bloke being controlled by his tentacles, as opposed to the utterly mad scientist I want to see. Spidey's villains are deep characters, so the films really didn't need to turn them into these conflicted, "not-quite-evil, just misguided and mentally unstable" guys. Don't even get me started on the lack of villainy from Sandman.

Now, we're getting a new movie with the Lizard, and apparently Proto-Goblin as a villain. Anyone who can explain how Proto-Goblin will work without Norman Osborn can have an award right here and now, but it's the Lizard I'm really concerned about. I'm not sure that the Lizard works as a first film villain, because with all the other stuff that will be going on with Peter becoming Spider-Man, is there going to be enough time to build his relationship with Curt Connors? Or will this be another Venom-type-thing? The Lizard only works if we care about the man he was before. He's also not really the sort of street level villain that fits Spidey anyway.

I kinda agree but I think I've gathered this much..

Proto Goblin won't be in the film, the guy that turns into him will though.

Oscorp will be in the film, but I don't think Norman is going to be a pivotal character in THIS film.

I agree with your concern about Curt and Peter's relationship, but I don't think their going to kill Curt. Also I believe that it's been stated that their will be other people infected and 'lizardized'. But I totally agree with your point, you have to feel for Dr. Connors for Lizard to work.

I have a prediction though.. The second film Norman will be messing with the formula, the ProtoGoblin guy will be in the movie for a while, but Norman will become the Green Goblin in the second film. Harry will befriend Peter, thus introducing Norman and Peter formally. Peter will be working for the Bugle, and it won't be slandering Spidey YET. Peter and Gwen will be together, and Norman will know who Spiderman is, and Gwen will die. Spidey loses his marbles for a bit, and the classic Green Goblin death will occur. After that Spidey will be blamed and that's when J. Jonah Jameson will start slandering Spidey, also leading to a third film.

I could be completely wrong, but I think my idea 'works'.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SpidermanWins

That is an absolutely fantastic poster. Very creative

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SpidermanWins

@SexualLobster: That's a clever prediction. I don't think they will kill the Goblin again though.That's just me.

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By SexualLobster

@SpidermanWins said:

@SexualLobster: That's a clever prediction. I don't think they will kill the Goblin again though.That's just me.

Yea I think they'llcome under fire for it, but they kind of have to have his main villain in it eventually.

PS do you think Shocker or Mysterio would be better as a 'first-movie-villain'?

LooseChange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By LooseChange

I think Garfield will be great and this movie will... be/do pretty well.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Eyz

so bland and boring... I can already imagine silly teenage kids saying "HEY! They look cool, I want BOTH of them on my bedroom's wall!! XD!!Lol1!!1!11"

Anyway, the Spider-man is really scr#wed up by its awful tagline... "The Untold Story"...of his origins? Again??

Cliché! Silly! Unnecessary!

@dothegoblin said:

Don't be, really. After all, it's just a movie :P

Meh, pass.

ErikMcAlister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By ErikMcAlister

It can't be any worse than the first three. Or can it? Nowadays, nothing really surprises me.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SpidermanWins

@SexualLobster said:

@SpidermanWins said:

Yea I think they'llcome under fire for it, but they kind of have to have his main villain in it eventually.

PS do you think Shocker or Mysterio would be better as a 'first-movie-villain'?

Nah, I think this was a good idea. I think Electro should be a villain in the sequel

swungomonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By swungomonkey

awesome. hope theres more villain origins.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By bloggerboy

@Wowlock:Completely different? Like funny and cool? Because that's what Raimi's movies lacked. They were too campy and Spidey was not funny at all!

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Like the poster, didn't like the preview I saw :/   OK, the way they DID the preview was good, looking thru Spidey's eye's as he moved around the city, but nothing else appealed to me.  

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By wowlock

@bloggerboy: That's kinda what I meant. I wasn't really walking about the movies but the comic book. They should stay true to the comic book Spider-man and not the movies because I agree, that Peter Parker was not the one we loved.

The movies lacked, as you said, fun , which is one of the biggest appeals of Spiderman. I hope that with this movie , they can finally deliver a FUN Spiderman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.