englentine's The Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 - The Sinister Six! review

Avatar image for englentine

WHAT...??? HM...?? HUH?

Okay, so the six villains assembled here, ( Electro, Kraven The Hunter, Dock Ock, Sandman, Mysterio & The Vulture ) team up, and while they plan what to do about Spiderman Kraven acknowledges that none of them were able to defeat him alone. The rest agree, and Doc Ock says " I have a fool proof plan " and it consists of them fighting Spiderman one on one. Not only that, but after each battle, they give him a card telling him where to meet up with the next villain. Seriously, this annual shows no respect for the villains intelligence. While this book does have some merit, I am afraid, it's one flaw is almost a deal breaker. Almost. I especially did like the way Stan Lee worked in cameo/plugs for the rest of the Marvel Universe.

Other reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 - The Sinister Six!

A bit of a let down 0

The general gist of the plot is quite simple: Spider-Man's aunt May and Betty Brant are captured and, to save the pair, Peter must battle against some of his greatest enemies. In heroic fashion, the Wall Crawler saves the day and the hero wins. From the cover alone, the first ever Amazing Spider-man annual looks pretty cool. Some of spidey's greatest enemies teaming up to defeat him sounds great, or so I thought. However, it didn't live up to expectations.A problem I see with this issue is it se...

The Sinister Six 0

Possibly the greatest Annual of them all! Not only does Spidey have to face 6 of his most dangerous opponents, but he comes accross a whole array of guest stars on his way to doing so in this 41 page epic. I guess some sort of morality still existed among the villains of the day as they decide to attack Spidey one by one instead of all at once. The cameo appearances by the whole range of Marvel heroes allowed Stan to point out to the reader where the characters could be found every month (or 2 m...