omertalvendetta's The Amazing Spider-Man #660 - Fantastic Voyage, Part 2; Infested, Stage 2: Great Power; Can't Get the Service, Part 3 review

Avatar image for omertalvendetta

Sinister Six!

Cover:

Really cool to see Caselli's art on the cover.  The color scheme is also pretty cool and very fitting.

The Good:

The humor in this book is quite substantial, at least to me.  It wasn't an outright hilarious issue, but it had me cracking up at a large number of panels, especially those with Spider-Man and the team.  The fact that slot mentioned Spidey's training was very cool too since that was something I had feared would get ignored.  The reinforcing attitude of the FF was also nicely done; I know that Spider-Man is not used to having this kind of positive reinforcement from his allies.  The prelude to Infested was also very nicely written and it's certainly enticing to what could be very nice tales.

The Bad:

I was expecting the art by Caselli for most of the issue, not the last two pages of the issue, so that really bothered me since I wasn't a big fan of the first artist.  I would also like to know what the purpose of this encounter with the sinister six really meant since it wasn't very clear.  I guess my main bother was with the art this time around; it wasn't altogether terrible, but I was expecting Stefano's art, and didn't get that, so sue me, lol.

Overall:

It was a fun issue; akin to older fun filled Spidey issues and with an inspiring message.  I await the next issue of Spider-Man too with a grin on my face as it seems Gage is treating us to Spidey as a teacher in Avengers Academy and that should be a blast.  This issue, however, was worth the read, so a definite buy!

4/5

Other reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man #660 - Fantastic Voyage, Part 2; Infested, Stage 2: Great Power; Can't Get the Service, Part 3