pvtnobody's The Amazing Spider-Man #611 - This Man, This Expletive Deleted review

Avatar image for pvtnobody
  • pvtnobody wrote this review on .

Deadpool doesn't do a whole lot for me

While there are many Deadpool fans out there who wet their pants just thinking of him, I'm not one of them. Deadpool has never been a favorite of mine, mostly because as a character reliant almost entirely on comedy I've never found him particularly funny. That's not to say Spidey is funny either, but I might have expected that putting the two together might have generated a laugh or two. Instead this issue was an amusing and enjoyable read but not the most spectacular of cross overs. Of course all of that is based off my own tastes as a reader, I think perhaps that's one of the greatest merits and shortcomings of Amazing Spider-Man in general that it attracts such a hugely diverse audience.  Nor did the twist ending do much to excite me. The ending seemed cliched and uninspired, and considering Kelly's recent work on this title I would have expected something more original.

Other reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man #611 - This Man, This Expletive Deleted

Amazingly funny, and entertaining 0

I'm a big fan of Deadpool, anyone could guess that. Once I heard Joe Kelly was back in the groove and was going to write Deadpool again, I freaked and had to get this issue on a priority basis and I gotta say that I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.  Joe Kelly proves that he's the best there is when it comes to writing the Merc with the Mouth, and it seems like he had a lot of fun writing this issue. The whole issue is like a Micheal Bay movie, ridiculously pointless but action packed to the...

I love me some Deadpool & Spider-Man 0

Okay well i love me some Deadpool and i love me some Spider-Man, and this issue surprised me. I almost didn't pick it up because i liked how the series had been going and i didn't want to waste my time with this kind of issue but i'm glad i did. This issue was hilarious as a Spider-Man issue could get...Spider-Man + Deadpool = not quite world peace but its close, Spider-Man dealing with Lady Stilt-Man hilarity, Deadpool "chatting" with good ol' Barac and Spidey vs. Deadpool in a yo mama battle i...