Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1258 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

Who can actually match thanos in dc or is his equivalent.

• 96 results
    Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@chimeroid: Only the jobber Strauss Fate and only when they were weakened.

true, but, it was still Desaad

Linha-Fone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The list is too long to begin on really, because the only thing that makes Thanos such a threat is his tendency to get his hands on horrendously powerful trinkets left behind by other people. Take that away and you are left with another large purple brick of the Superman category.

You don't know much about Thanos, do you?

Militodos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w12yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

new 52 darkseid easily

Batman-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zangetsusama01: Can you point me to where it was stated that most of loses have been avatars

Also Could you point out which ones are Avatars here (http://imgur.com/a/ouWE9)

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has no equal.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

You don't know much about Thanos, do you?

I know alot of his fans like to talk him up to a level he doesn't actually live on

zangetsusama01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By zangetsusama01

@batman-13: :i dont have the scans on hand since im on my laptop however desad was moving around pretending to be darkseid and darkseid tell him he knows of desad impersonating him. the other one is a monologue if i aint wrong but gimme a few hours and i'll see if i can find them for you. darkseid sat in the source wall for a long time sending out avatars to represent him. i just dont have the desad one sorry maybe its on his respect thread.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/darkseid/4005-2349/forums/darkseid-respect-thread-1505684/

also dont forget the true darkseid was never shown until final crisis when he fell to earth which started throwing dc into chaos on a grand scale.

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingzod said:

Too many things to reply to so I'll just talk.

Ultron one-shot Superman? Lol kindly turn that the other way.

Yeah, depending on the version of Ultron, I would say he could beat Superman rather easily. Maybe not one shot him, but still pretty easily. And there is no way in hell Superman could one shot Ultron.

No Caption Provided

He was just fine after this.

Someone here thinks Hulk can beat Wonder Woman? Wow.

Many people believe Hulk can beat Wonder Woman, that is why she lost against him in a battle of the week thread.

As for the question, I'm pretty sure people like The Spectre,The presence,Endless, The Beyond, Anti-Monitor e.t.c would outright stomp Thanos.

The question was not who could beat Thanos, it was who is equal to him in DC.

Thanos's 'celestial' feats come from the powerful artifacts he steals, and with them he is quite the broken character but without them I know a reasonable amount of people in DC that would beat him.

Even without them he has feats like one shotting Silver Surfer(who is far above Superman in every category), tanking a 2 lightyear wide black hole with nothing but minor cuts, taking Silver Surfers best blasts and asking him if he was done....etc.

With the artifacts there's a few, without them though, there are dozens of people who would beat him.

Again, that wasn't the question, it was who is his equal.

About him against Darkseid. While it annoys me that Thanos is a Darkseid rip-off (this is a fact). He is>Darkseid, but it's still just a small margin. ALE Darkseid would make him fight for his life.

I agree for the most part here, but normal Thanos vs normal Darkseid(no amps, artifacts, equations...etc for either of them) is not close at all

Do you really wanna play the strongest versions game? SA Superman, Superman Prime 1million...e.t.c would one-shot ultron easily.

Definitely going to check out that battle of the week b/w Hulk and WW, I enjoy reading a good Hulk wank every once in a while.

About Normal Thanos vs Normal Darkseid you were using Thanos's strongest un-amped feats I presume, so I should be allowed to use un-amped Pre-Crisis Darkseid, in which case this:

"Thanos vs normal Darkseid(no amps, artifacts, equations...etc for either of them) is not close at all"

Is BS.

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surely the obvious answer is Darkseid if considering general power set, power level, appearance and personality. Darkseid's OE means that he can at the minimum compete with Thanos (not to say he would win, but they make for a good 'match'). If you're looking for someone who has the same motivation as Thanos, then Black Hand is probably the most death-obsessed cosmic DC character.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Marvel has put a lot of effort in the cosmic side of things. Thanos does beat the crap out of SS haha

nonokranendonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has a lot of high showings, this means it's difficult to guage him, like surviving a Galactus blast, but getting hurt by Thor's swings later. I am going to say every character around mid-high level skyfather (like Odin obviously). The things is, DC does not have as many energy manipulators as Marvel (Thor, SS, Galactus, Thanos, Odin ETC). That being said, seeing as Thor regularly at least hurts Thanos with hammer swings, a character considerably stronger than Thor could be even, like, as before mentioned, Despero and Superboy Prime (although I consider SPB above Thanos).

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has a lot of high showings, this means it's difficult to guage him, like surviving a Galactus blast, but getting hurt by Thor's swings later. I am going to say every character around mid-high level skyfather (like Odin obviously). The things is, DC does not have as many energy manipulators as Marvel (Thor, SS, Galactus, Thanos, Odin ETC). That being said, seeing as Thor regularly at least hurts Thanos with hammer swings, a character considerably stronger than Thor could be even, like, as before mentioned, Despero and Superboy Prime (although I consider SPB above Thanos).

well put i too consider superboy prime above Thanos.

nonokranendonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dawnone said:
    @nonokranendonk said:

well put i too consider superboy prime above Thanos.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Chazz85

Darksiede and thanos is still a very close match up no matter how you throw it the battle would literally last hours and the winner would nearly be dead by the end of the fight. So thanos equal in DC is darksiede.

@outside_85 So thanos is as strong as superman right?

Thanos sheilds resist galactcus
    Thanos sheilds resist galactcus

Thanos punches a guy from saturn to earth
    Thanos punches a guy from saturn to earth

Thanos breaks galactcus armour
    Thanos breaks galactcus armour
    Thanos ragdolling the avengers
    Thanos ragdolling the avengers
    Thanos takes silver surfers full power blast
    Thanos takes silver surfers full power blast

When was the last time superman stood up to skyfathers and cosmic being and easily defeated herald level characters?

Thanos is unfazed by direct attacks from odin
    Thanos is unfazed by direct attacks from odin
    CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I doubt anyone can actually "match" Thanos as he is in his own tier, you are either above him or below him.

nonokranendonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt anyone can actually "match" Thanos as he is in his own tier, you are either above him or below him.

I would agree with this.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who here thinks superman could beat Thanos?? Lol

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the closest would be Despero. Characters beyond that are much more powerful. It's hard to find someone that exactly fits that ballpark.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's almost as powerful as someone like PC Validus.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TheArchon

@chazz85: Thanos was hurt and bleeding when he traveled inside a black hole. Superman wasn't even hurt or in any pain when he was in the middle of it. He's not as powerful as you make him up to be. But no, Superman wouldn't win against Thanos. Just like Darkseid won most of their fights.

zangetsusama01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what puts him above darkseid ?

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Chazz85

@thearchon: He took a direct blast from odin a galaxy buster and resisted galactcus with his standard sheilds he also tanked SS full power blast he is above darksiede and would take Pre 52 supes mid difficulty.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Jestersmiles
    Bring it Prune face.
    Bring it Prune face.
    I take him on.
    I take him on.

There are SuperMen that can take Thanos.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jestersmiles
    WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring it Prune face.
    Bring it Prune face.
    I take him on.
    I take him on.

There are SuperMen that can take Thanos.

This thread is trying to find a match for thanos. There are 5+ versions of superman that coud take thanos.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wf_mxyzptlk: Prime debatable, I don't think that a clear cut match. Kal.. yeah that might be to much for Thanos.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Trinkets or with Trinkets?

Shintakie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate Thanos threads because his character is all over the place. He has plot armor thicker than everyone else combined. When he needs to lose they have to come up with ridiculous bull to counter the ridiculous bull that Thanos made.

It's just a never ending battle of macguffins in Marvel once you get to the Thanos.

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post Crisis Darkseid is equally strong I would say.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dawnone: Partially correct. Darkseid struggles with Superman, not Superman level threats. He's far above Lobo and Goldstar, Supergirl, Ol-Vir (a Daxamite), Malefic (a Martian), etc. if you took away his loss to Superman things would look a lot better for Darkseid. And people act as if he doesn't have good showings.

FableCounty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre Crisis Darkseid is stronger, Post Crisis is a stupid jobber

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@fablecounty: You're right. Post-Crisis has one embarrassing loss to Superman tarnishing his record.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingzod said:
    @randomsid82 said:
    @kingzod said:

Too many things to reply to so I'll just talk.

Ultron one-shot Superman? Lol kindly turn that the other way.

Yeah, depending on the version of Ultron, I would say he could beat Superman rather easily. Maybe not one shot him, but still pretty easily. And there is no way in hell Superman could one shot Ultron.

No Caption Provided

He was just fine after this.

Someone here thinks Hulk can beat Wonder Woman? Wow.

Many people believe Hulk can beat Wonder Woman, that is why she lost against him in a battle of the week thread.

As for the question, I'm pretty sure people like The Spectre,The presence,Endless, The Beyond, Anti-Monitor e.t.c would outright stomp Thanos.

The question was not who could beat Thanos, it was who is equal to him in DC.

Thanos's 'celestial' feats come from the powerful artifacts he steals, and with them he is quite the broken character but without them I know a reasonable amount of people in DC that would beat him.

Even without them he has feats like one shotting Silver Surfer(who is far above Superman in every category), tanking a 2 lightyear wide black hole with nothing but minor cuts, taking Silver Surfers best blasts and asking him if he was done....etc.

With the artifacts there's a few, without them though, there are dozens of people who would beat him.

Again, that wasn't the question, it was who is his equal.

About him against Darkseid. While it annoys me that Thanos is a Darkseid rip-off (this is a fact). He is>Darkseid, but it's still just a small margin. ALE Darkseid would make him fight for his life.

I agree for the most part here, but normal Thanos vs normal Darkseid(no amps, artifacts, equations...etc for either of them) is not close at all

Do you really wanna play the strongest versions game? SA Superman, Superman Prime 1million...e.t.c would one-shot ultron easily.

First off, Superman Prime One Million is vastly overrated. He has very few feats and the one he does have are blown out of proportion because people make things up to go with it. No, he would NOT one shot that Ultron, period. SA Superman is not the same at all. He could go from being one shot by the weakest version of Ultron to one shotting someone as high as Galactus. Very unreliable and has very dangerous weaknesses as well.

Definitely going to check out that battle of the week b/w Hulk and WW, I enjoy reading a good Hulk wank every once in a while.

You call it wank, but it really isn't. Personally, I believe it would depend on the version of each character and if she has her weapons or not. In any case, even the weakest versions of Hulk can give her a good battle, the stronger ones can beat her.

About Normal Thanos vs Normal Darkseid you were using Thanos's strongest un-amped feats I presume, so I should be allowed to use un-amped Pre-Crisis Darkseid, in which case this:

No, I was using his normal showings without amps, nothing strongest about it.

"Thanos vs normal Darkseid(no amps, artifacts, equations...etc for either of them) is not close at all"

Is BS.

You call it BS, but most people agree.

PersiBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By PersiBoss
    RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@persiboss: You think Thanos isn't a mastermind and isn't powerful without artifacts? You need to read up on Thanos my man...

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

@Jestersmiles said:

@wf_mxyzptlk: Prime debatable, I don't think that a clear cut match. Kal.. yeah that might be to much for Thanos.

Kal - As you mentioned

Superman Prime

Superman Thought Robot

Superboy prime(Time Trapper)

Silver Age Superman

Late-period bronze-age superman.

5D Superman

Etc... Many others.

SBP regular would prolly go 6/10 against thanos.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Usha

Batyoda and Batwookiee.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moved to the thanos forum.

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid82: Don't get me wrong, I think Thanos wins, my problem is you said that it's "not close at all" which is wrong, very wrong. WW best showings cream Hulk's, simple.

Even while I disagree with your Superman prime1million statement, I'll let it go, this isn't a supes vs ultron thread, if there ever is one I'll prove you wrong there (unless of-course it's standard Supes).

Anyway, even late bronze age supes would wreck Ultron so..

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos beats a group of herald characters... one guy who isn't even decent herald level, does not offer much of a fight... I guess he offers in a sense that it would be difficult for Thanos to outright catch him... but that's like a game of cat and mouse, one is clearly way above the other, the other just proves difficult to catch, but once the cat couches the mouse... One shot.

WW best showings don't even come close to Hulks, if we pit non-amped and amped versions against one another. Diana has never and will never bust a planet just by her mere existence without an outside amp.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dawnone If this is a non amped, no artifact having, no prep involved Thanos, then Post Crisis Superman, Superboy Prime, Silver Age Superman (without a doubt), a non jobbing, not-an-avatar Darkseid, Doomsday at his most unstoppable and violent, Despero, Validus (from The Fatal Five), and Imperiex are just a few of the individuals than can match Thanos.

NakedSnek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Both are the same bricks, Thanos is a Purple brick, Darkseid is a gray brick

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.