Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1258 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

ultimate thanos

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sling Shot

Ultimate Universe has been reintroducing some big characters and most cases a more interesting,dynamic and original version. Ultimate Thanos is an example of just such a case. His power being connected to death is ingenious. He dies to get stronger, and his core personality is maintained. Definitely an example of an upgrade from the convoluted poorly defined powerhouse Thanos has been in 616 universe

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sling Shot

What ya'll think of Ulty Thanos

GoocherLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By GoocherLee

Sling Shot says:

" convoluted poorly defined powerhouse "

You take that back. I'll not stand by whilst Jim Starlin's creation and history are ran through the mud by some easily impressed Ultimate fan.

You're Ultimate universe wouldn't even exist without the "convoluted, poorly defined" stories of Marvel's past.

Beg forgiveness... LOL

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sling Shot

I apologize. I have been reading comics for over 20 years so i am well aware of Starlin's grim baby.I just think that the Ultimate version marries Thanos's concepts into a better defined character. Before this Ult. FF Thanos was a god type guy with no good explanations why. He just excelled beyond everyone into the consummate bad guy. The Ult FF hasn't totally explained Thanos but their version has a strong defintive start.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Gottheit

Anyone have a picture of ol' Useless? Does he look dramatically different?

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Boken

hey i can't judge untill i see him.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Prodigal Son

Post Deleted.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sling Shot

that ws my fvorite arc of that title Gallow Glass, Seed 19, Tesseract, c'mon every one was fresh in every definition of the word! :)
    Post Edited:2007-03-20 05:01:20

GoocherLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GoocherLee

Sling Shot says:

"I apologize. I have been reading comics for over 20 years so i am well aware of Starlin's grim baby.I just think that the Ultimate version marries Thanos's concepts into a better defined character."

Salgood, I actually haven't read about the Ulty version of Thanos because I take issue with the whole Ultimate Universe as a whole. New spins on classic tales are for the birds, imo. I don't care how well the UU has been received, it just says to me that good ideas are in short supply these days with the current writers of comics.

Similarly, I submitted a plot to Marvel back in 2004 that was rejected, and yet the same concepts can be found in the recent New Avengers: Illuminati #2. Almost ver batum, but Marvel gets to hide behind their fine print. "All submissions become the property of...yadda yadda yadda." But if Marvel has been reduced to capitalizing on the fan submissions, things are not looking too good for the medium as a whole.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sling Shot

I see your dillema. I didn't think I'd like the UU when i first saw that young Wolvie pic for the first X Men. I checked it out and the writing and art was fresh. So thats that.

And Marvel is tripping.Intellectual property is tricky you got to be careful with all these vampires around.

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
    Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I liked normal Thanos more, but both Galactus and Mephisto are way cooler.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.