Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1257 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

Thanos mutant?

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By daak1212

Thanos is a mutant Eternal, that I know.  My question is that is he in possesion of an X gene?  Heres my reasoning 

Mutants were humans that have the X gene because of Celestial tampering back when life was starting on Earth.  I actually think it was during the early monkey days that Celestials began tampering with them and introduced the X gene as an experiment. 

Eternals and Deviants are branches from human evolution.  The Eternals being deemd worthy by the Celestials and the Deviants were deemed unworthy.   

Now Thanos is an Eternal with the Deviant gene which gives him the purple skin but he is also called a mutant and seeing how mutants, eternals, and deviants all share the same genetic forefather who are the Celestials.  could he in theory be in possesion of an X gene?
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Green Skin

I think it's possible, but you'd have a hard time making that case with some people.  Plus who's to say if the x-gene isn't naturally occuring.  It could be a naturally occuring gene, that the Celestials unnaturally introduced into us.   Now that you mention this though, it makes me wonder if Namor has one.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

The Eternals all have unique powers individually as well. Your theory would mean that all Eternals have the X-Gene as well. I think they only call Thanos a 'mutant' because of his appearance. It's only ever stated that he has the Deviant gene. 

Avatar image for oihooliganismoi
    oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oiHooliganismoi

i never considered thanos a mutant.... he is an alien

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Night Thrasher

Thanos is a mutant... But seeing as how Eternals, Titans, Deviants, and Humans are basically the same species then I would consider Thanos in possession of the X-Gene.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThanosIsMad
    @Night Thrasher said:
    " Thanos is a mutant... But seeing as how Eternals, Titans, Deviants, and Humans are basically the same species then I would consider Thanos in possession of the X-Gene. "
    Pretty much this.  Ariel is an alien (and member of the X-Men) and she has an X-Factor gene (or it's equivalent for her species), and I think there were other aliens in Marvel with similar genes as well.
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @Night Thrasher said:
    " Thanos is a mutant... But seeing as how Eternals, Titans, Deviants, and Humans are basically the same species then I would consider Thanos in possession of the X-Gene. "
    This is like saying we are the same species as chimpanzees. I don't think humans and Eternals are basically the same species. That would mean Moloids are the same species too since they are an offshoot from humanity. Same with Inhumans. 
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Come to think of it, aren't humans and mutants considered different species? 

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Night Thrasher
    @jloneblackheart said:
    " @Night Thrasher said:
    This is like saying we are the same species as chimpanzees. I don't think humans and Eternals are basically the same species. That would mean Moloids are the same species too since they are an offshoot from humanity. Same with Inhumans.  "
    They are, Celestials modified our DNA slightly to make the Eternals and Deviants. The titans are originally Eternals, so therefore Eternals are basically humans. Who knows exactly how much they altered the DNA of humans but essentially they are the same.
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @Night Thrasher:  Well, humans and chimpanzees share 98% similar DNA and we are two completely different species. Even the smallest percent of modification doesn't mean that any of the above mentioned species are the same species.  

I'm sticking with my guns here. Thanos does not have the X-gene. He is a Titan Eternal with the Deviant gene. We'll just have to agree to disagree, :)
    Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Night Thrasher
    @jloneblackheart: At the point of alteration, humans and chimps had already evolved into two seperate species. I think the differences are probably closer to african elephants and asian elephants. probably 99.9% the same.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Thanos does not have the X-Gene, he has the Deviant Gene its totally different. The Deviant Gene doesn't give an Eternal extra powers it just changes their physical appearance. The Deviant Gene is why the Deviant species has such differing appearances even from parents to children.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By daak1212
    @jloneblackheart said:
    " @Night Thrasher said:
    This is like saying we are the same species as chimpanzees. I don't think humans and Eternals are basically the same species. That would mean Moloids are the same species too since they are an offshoot from humanity. Same with Inhumans.  "

Each one is a branch of os Homo Sapien.  

Mutant= Humo Sapien Superior 
    Eternal=...Eternal 
    Deviant....Deviant??? 

Inhumans ture are also a Human offshoot since the Kree tamperd with them
    kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kheranlord12
    @oiHooliganismoi said:
    "i never considered thanos a mutant.... he is an alien "

Technically Thanos is human.
    Avatar image for fredzillasaurus_rex
    Fredzillasaurus Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is a mutant in the sense that he is unlike the other Titanian born Eternals. He has power more similar to the Earthborn Eternals and the appearance of a Deviant.  

Also I believe that the off-shoots of humanity as tampered by the Celestials and Kree; Eternals, Deviants and Inhumans don't have X-genes. Their "potential" has already been unlocked you can't unlock anymore. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.