Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1258 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

Thanos is BACK! in Guardians of the Galaxy #25

• 85 results
    JackAs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By JackAs
    @CATMANEXE said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    "
    Epic. 
     About time he came back. 
    BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By BatDance

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx

said:

" What's the big deal if Squirrel Girl could just appear again and kick his a$$? "

While I love Squirrel Girl I don't think she's much of a serious character

Her whole story is too much of a joke on the cartoonish quality of the Marvel verse

@geraldthesloth

said:

" @CATMANEXE: They'll have a dogfight..Thanos in his Thanos-copter vs Squirrel Girl in her helicopter. "

As long as somebody with competence writes him

@Vance Astro

said:

" Bringing "characters" back from the dead doesn't piss me off.Bringing "Thanos" back specifically does. "

Really good riddance Vance

you were never much of a Marvel fan anyway

@Nova`Prime`

said:

" @jloneblackheart: Good point I totally forgot about the cocoon that the UCT had. And whatever is in Moondragon I think it was that creature that attacked them and why the church wants it I don't know. I was so close to dropping GOTG because I just didn't like the time jumping issues also didn't like the art in them, but they have won me back. "

Whatever you do don't drop the comic, if you drop it these comics will get canceled just like they did Voodoo and other great titles and Marvel will replace the title with some typical Bendis skrulls medicority, Bendis siege mediocrity, Bendis I love-Sentry-so-much mediocrity
    Titles like Guardians and Nova are some of the few Gems in a wasteland of failure that is Marvelverse now.

I think bringing Thanos into Guardians, even if he's just a clone is one of the best ideas Marvel has for its cosmic verse in a while. The space based cosmic titles are not popular like GL, they need to have high figures they need to keep selling and the day Guardians outsells Avengers is the day Marvel can finally get rid of Bendis and stop him from controlling the whole Marvelverse
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @BatDance said:

@Vance Astro
    said:

" Bringing "characters" back from the dead doesn't piss me off.Bringing "Thanos" back specifically does. "

Really good riddance Vance

you were never much of a Marvel fan anyway

You don't even read comics....All you do is look at scans and then spam them in battle forums.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Now that I think of it, it would be awesome if Major Victory killed Thanos. That way, Vance could claim he destroyed his arch-nemesis.
    Annihilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Annihilus

vance are you pissed because of what happened in Marvel: End?^^ (as the fact for his resurrection)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Annihilus said:
    " vance are you pissed because of what happened in Marvel: End?^^ (as the fact for his resurrection) "
    Yes.I'm also mad at how Thanos died in the first place.You could almost figure out that he was coming back just from that issue. 

@Morpheus_ said:
    " Now that I think of it, it would be awesome if Major Victory killed Thanos. That way, Vance could claim he destroyed his arch-nemesis. "
    That would be amazing.
    Annihilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Annihilus

well then not all hope is lost then ;) 

i presume thanos wont be resurrected, but he will come from out the same universe that Magus did recently, that way, no resurrection. (OMG Infiity Wars all over again D:)

Ps: Void here btw

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Annihilus said:
    " well then not all hope is lost then ;)   i presume thanos wont be resurrected, but he will come from out the same universe that Magus did recently, that way, no resurrection. (OMG Infiity Wars all over again D:)  Ps: Void here btw "
    Speaking of the Infinity War..was Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers canon? Because that would mean the Illuminati no longer has the gems.
    Annihilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Annihilus

;)

Annihilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Annihilus

Looks like thanos is on time then

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Annihilus said:
    " Looks like thanos is on time then "
    He was in the comic though (Pet Avengers).Can't be canon right?
    Billy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Billy

I'll go read the ish again, and see into it. (maybe some hints or something :O)

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @Vance Astro: I don't think it is considered canon. I know the gems were shown in a preview for the Fantastic Four and their big even coming up.
    Billy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Billy

THAT also

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @ Billy said:
    " THAT also "
    In the issues before there was like 200 Reed's and 3 Infinity Gauntlets.I don't think this is 616's gems or gauntlet.
    Billy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Billy

doesnt matter, theres a faultline if you forgot, any being can cross from there into any other universe of marvel

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @ Billy : the gems don't work outside the universe they came from
    Billy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Billy

Quasar just passed that in the Realm of Kings one-shot, and he imagined the most farthes thing he could think of while passing and landed in the cancer-verse

Billy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Billy
    @jloneblackheart said:
    " @ Billy : the gems don't work outside the universe they came from "
    well, another reason to go get it from wherever it is in 616, if this is where that issue is heading at, it could also be that it will be played in a different universe, but still with the 616 Gotg.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Annihilus said:
    " well then not all hope is lost then ;)   i presume thanos wont be resurrected, but he will come from out the same universe that Magus did recently, that way, no resurrection. (OMG Infiity Wars all over again D:)  Ps: Void here btw "
    Speaking of the Infinity War..was Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers canon? Because that would mean the Illuminati no longer has the gems. "

i didnt think the illuminati had the gems?
    Billy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Billy

they had, but i think i had something in mind that they lost them or somethnig

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Morpheus_: He was killed during the fight against Adam Warlock/Magus.
    unstoppable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By unstoppable

Wow! Thanos really looks badass in that pic.

Avatar image for bastion_the_master__sentinel
    Bastion the Master--Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i couldn´t imagine cosmic comic books or cosmic events without thanos! the first time i saw him was in a infinity gauntlet and it was love!
    since this moment he´s on the top of my faves. but i don´t expected( though i hoped) that he will come back now. i thought with magus bouncing around they would resurrect a dead hero. especially as i read abou guardians 23 or 24 i thought " holy shit are they going to bring CAPTAIN MARVEL back???!!!!

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DEGRAAF

he looks like a Skrull. He's not is he?
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " he looks like a Skrull. He's not is he? "
    From interviews and solicits, it's the real Thanos. He always kind of had that Skrull-like chin. Thanos has his own one shot in May called the Thanos Imperative: Ignition, so I doubt he's a Skrull. 

Forum with link to article
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @jloneblackheart:
    i figured it was the real Thanos, i just wasnt sure if the real Thanos was of Skrull origin
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @DEGRAAF: no, he's a mutant Eternal. If he wasn't mutated he would look like his brother Starfox or his father Mentor. He's from Titan.
    OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By OhTru

Yeah he always had that Skrull chin but I don't think the writers ever explained it. The Titan has Eternal/Deviant heritage but he looks nothing like them. Thanos comes from the massive Moon on Saturn Titan, he is related to all the old Devinats and Eternals of Titan, these are people like Chronos, Zuras, Eros (aka Starfox)...yet once again he looks nothing like his family.  Not only did Thanos come with the powers of the Eternals he was born with a purple puss 'mutant' gene - this is what they might use to explain his Skrull appearance. When he was a young boy Thanos became a dark little monster and became obsessed with power and death. Thanos is then kicked out of Titan and goes into exile, he then becomes more obsessed with the mystic arts, technology, the power cosmic and the Entity know as Mistress Death. He augments his body using tech and cosmic ability? What does that mean..robotics? Harvesting organs? Copying or stealing other people's abilities? Drinking Juice filled with steroids? The writers have yet to clarify how Thanos amped up his body but it happened a long time ago maybe 5000 years ago and he would still be amping himself on steroids if he were around today.  After years away Thanos finally returns to the planet Titan (actually Titan is a Moon if you want to be technical about it). Thanos returns, slaughters just about everyone, kills his own Mother and Nukes the Planet. 
    Thanos fell in love with Death at a young age and would do anything to gain her favor, which usually means bringing a wave of cataclysms, murder and destruction across the Galaxy. There was also much debate if Thanos was actually immortal after he stalked Death so much she finally banished him from her domain, effectively making him immortal however during Annihilation Thanos was torn apart. The Gods Mentor and Chronos built Drax to specifically fight Thanos normally Thanos would swat Drax away but during that arc the soldier Drax suddenly developed a kryptonite aura and ripped Thanos apart....so I guess he wasn't immortal after all. Immortal myth busted?
    Back to the chin.   A famous painter called Alex Ross started an arc "Earth X", which shows Thanos' mother, Sui-San who was actually a Skrull in disguise however this story is outside Marvelverse continity, its an alternative reality and if its non-canon it seems Thanos would NOT be part Skrull. My guess is the Mike Esposito, Starlin or Sinnott during the early Thanos days made the simple design mistake of giving him a Skrull chin.

Avatar image for omega_level_supreme
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has my full support!                                                %Pr
    Avatar image for bastion_the_master__sentinel
    Bastion the Master--Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wasn´t his mother a skrull...

Apollo Chafer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Apollo Chafer
    @Morpheus_ said:
    "All in all, I must say I expected him to stay dead for a little longer."
    Same here even though i love Thanos...big let down.
    BlackestShite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By BlackestShite

Is GOTG canceled?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By warlock360
    @BlackestShite said:
    " Is GOTG canceled? "
    that is what you'd think, no. It has been put on hold, because now, the "Thanos Imperative" has been unleashed. GotG leads into that. after the TI it leads back to GotG.
    Avatar image for the_ace_of_knaves
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People don't like  Thanos? Why? I think he is a great villain. Your typical string puller behind the scenes, but he can mix it up with the best of them.

I think his motivation is great too. Simple, but effective. I mean, how many villains are there that do what they do because they are literally in love with death itself? Yea that's right, none.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.