Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1258 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

Thanos a villain in Avengers 2 or Guardians of the galaxy?

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By foolkiller1

I was an hour late with my GOTG concept art thread and it got locked, so I decided to make this thread in it's place. Will Thanos be the villain in Avengers 2 or Guardians of the galaxy?

I think he will be the GOTG villain. I really don't see how Avengers 2 can pull off infinity gauntlet and since avengers 2 will likely feature Ant-man, a good bet A2 will have ultron as the villain.

How do you thing thanos will fit in the Marvel cinematic universe?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

The way I understand it so far, he will be in both. The GoTG movie will set him up for Avengers.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By CellphoneGirl

@jloneblackheart said:

The way I understand it so far, he will be in both. The GoTG movie will set him up for Avengers.

That would be really cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-57a50c1d96f21
    deactivated-57a50c1d96f21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

GOTG will be an introduction for Thanos. My guess is that the "great battle" will be in Avengers 2.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Yes, I hope it's just an introduction for him and he isn't a main villain. Would be kind of lame to see GotG defeat him, then watch Avengers defeat him a second time..

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Cap10nate

I could see him being the villain in GOTG. Civil War being the issue in Avengers 2 since Cap 2 is Winter Soldier and Iron Man 3 is Extremis which both lead directly to Civil War. If Ant Man comes out before Avengers 2, I could also see Ultron as the Avengers 2 villain. I don't think they are ready for the intergalactic battle.

Cosmic_Hobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cosmic_Hobo

I'd prefer they keep building him up for Avengers 3 (with a bad ass appearance in GotG)

having another crazy Alien overlord attacking earth to get some powerful artifact would be too similar to the first Avengers movie. I'd rather something earth based.

I thought it'd be qute cool if for the 'phase 2' movies they after credits sequences were reversed, with a villain (red skull maybe) slowly recruiting the bad guys from each film to assemble as a Masters of Evil type thing for Avengers 2. But, you know, not called something terrible like Masters of Evil

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Gambit1024

Hopefully he'll be the villain in GotG, he'll get beaten, and then make a triumphant return for Avengers 3.

Ultron needs to be built in Ant-Man and attack in Avengers 2.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Lvenger

@Gambit1024 said:

Hopefully he'll be the villain in GotG, he'll get beaten, and then make a triumphant return for Avengers 3.

I agree as you know but with all that said and done, would there be enough time to do another batch of Marvel films before Avengers 3? And the actors will have visibly aged by then, even the Immortal God of Thunder, Thor. How would that be explained?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gambit1024

@Lvenger said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I agree as you know but with all that said and done, would there be enough time to do another batch of Marvel films before Avengers 3? And the actors will have visibly aged by then, even the Immortal God of Thunder, Thor. How would that be explained?

Time gap?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lvenger

@Gambit1024: I was mainly talking about Thor lol. Given that he's supposed to have been around for thousands of years due to Earth mythology about him, I would have thought a wrinkle or two on a god would be out of place. Especially since he's nowhere near as old as Odin. Don't the Asgardians stay young as a result of the Golden Apples of Idun? Maybe a shortage of those can be linked to Thor's aging.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gambit1024

@Lvenger: If X3 can make Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellin (sp?) look like they're in their 30's, I'm sure the FX department can make Chris Hemsworth look immortal, lol.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By SoA

if they are goona use the guardians to introduce Thanos , and save him for Avengers 3 , (unfortunately) i see antman constructing Ultron for the avengers to fight in Avengers 2 . that way after the guardians movie Thanos is making his way to Earth and we will have vision on the team :D

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lvenger

@Gambit1024: Ian Mckellen. We British tend to memorise the names of our actors lol. Well I do. Anyway I'd forgotten about that scene in X3 where Xavier and Magneto were talking to a young Jean Grey. Though to be honest one does try and forget X3 as much as possible. And that reminds me I still haven't seen First Class. Why am I so behind on these things?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Zombie_

I'm a fan of saving him for Avengers 3, and having him start out in GoTG. The Ultron arc would be brilliant for Avengers 2.

@Lvenger said:

@Gambit1024: Ian Mckellen. We British tend to memorise the names of our actors lol. Well I do. Anyway I'd forgotten about that scene in X3 where Xavier and Magneto were talking to a young Jean Grey. Though to be honest one does try and forget X3 as much as possible. And that reminds me I still haven't seen First Class. Why am I so behind on these things?

Trust me, First Class almost instantly washes away the X-3 and Origins s**t. You won't even have to worry about them anymore.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gambit1024

@Lvenger said:

You... Log off, watch First Class immediately, and then log back on.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lvenger

@Gambit1024: Aye aye Captain XD

@ZombieBigfoot: That's good to hear. Everyone's raving about how good it is.

dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By dewboy01

Hell YEAH!!

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By vandinejd_1991

Why would they show him in the post-credits scene of the first Avengers and not have him in the sequel? That would be dumb not to have him in the sequel if they were implying that he would be.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I would actually like to see Thanos as a behind the scene villain in Thor as well.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Superguy0009e

Not to be rude to GOTG, but Thanos really needs to be put in Avengers 2 or 3.

If they do have him, it should be done so it doesn't ruin him for the Avengers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.