Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1258 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

Is Thanos the mos intelligent non god villian?

• 61 results
    Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Theracles

Thanos is eternal no doubt but he is not a god, he is a godlike alien but he is the smartest non god villian who threatened Earth?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360

Doom

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Theracles
    Voidheart said:
    "Doom"

Are you sure? Thanos is sometimes called as the most knoweledgeable being in the universe but Doom is a super genious and has brilliant plans.
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By warlock360

Doom took away the surfers powers 4 times, Thanos not even once.

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Theracles
    Voidheart said:
    "Doom took away the surfers powers 4 times, Thanos not even once.
    "

True but Thanos has gotten possesion of the Infinity Gauntlet and the Heart of the universe.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

Ain´t Thanos a god?

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Theracles
    Nighthunter said:
    "Ain´t Thanos a god?"

Not really, he is as powerful as a god, he is eternal and god-like.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92
    deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Voidheart said:
    "

That may be, but Doom hasn't ever tricked some of the beings that Thanos has tricked.  Doom has never held power anywhere close to the power Thanos has!  Doom may have taken the surfer's powers away, but Thanos has done far more and better than that!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Doom..Doom....Doom.

Iron Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Iron Maiden

Thanos just might be. Doom is not smarter than Thanos. Yeah, I said it. It's a fact. He's not. You Doom fanboys need to stop the BS and read some comics with Thanos doing his thing in them.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Slinger
    Vance Astro said:
    "Doom..Doom....Doom."
    Reed is easily smarter than Thanos and Doom, while not at Reed's level, can hold a candle to him. Doom is the smartest.
    Iron Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Iron Maiden

Slinger, you need to read the first post again. Why are you bringing Reed into this?

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Slinger

I wrote that Doom is near Reed's intelligence level if you would have payed attention to my post, and that they are both well beyond Thanos. What Thanos has that gives him the appearance of a higher intelligence is insight into the situations he's involved in. Doom has a much more adaptive intelligence than Thanos, who although very smart, usually seems smarter due to having some sort of inside information, where as Doom figures everything out on his own. Just knowing a lot of stuff and being tricky shouldn't be mistaken for intelligence.

The reason I used Reed, was as a measuring stick for both Thanos and Doom, and Doom measures higher.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Slinger said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Doom..Doom....Doom."
    Reed is easily smarter than Thanos and Doom, while not at Reed's level, can hold a candle to him. Doom is the smartest."
    Why even say this? As if I didn't know.
    Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Slinger
    Vance Astro said:
    "Slinger said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Doom..Doom....Doom."
    Reed is easily smarter than Thanos and Doom, while not at Reed's level, can hold a candle to him. Doom is the smartest."
    Why even say this? As if I didn't know."
    It was backing up yours. I'm in agreement.

Jeez, there must be something wrong with my syntax tonight... : /
    Iron Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Iron Maiden

Doom is smart, no doubt, but he's no where near thanos. Unlike other villains, Thanos uses his own insight to figure things out, not some kind of insider knowledge. Doom is the king bad guy on earth, but once you start to explore the Marvel Universe, you'll see he's not number 1.  

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tevnoba

Thanos is far smarter and more knowledgeable (not the same thing).  Reed is limited by his lack of understanding of the mystical universe.  While Doom understands that the universe is more than science and even has great understanding of the balance between science and technology, he does not hold a candle to Thanos.

You say, "but Doom took Silver Surfer's powers!"  So what, ever consider that the reason that Thanos never did is that he is already stronger than SS and absorbing his power is weak in comparison.

Doom is much like Darkseid in knowledge and scope  they contend with a world or a solar system.  Thanos understands and has the knowledge of millions of different worlds, species and technologies as well as  His plans are universal (at least) and usually on the Actuality Level.

As smart and knowledgeable as Reed and Doom, Thanos has still done things that they can not - like get a genetic sample of Galactus to build/grow and android clone that is twice as powerful.  Then stand up to the creation in defiance.

Iron Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Iron Maiden

Nice one, Tevnoba

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lordraiden
    Voidheart said:
    "

??? That's cause Thanos has no need and owns SS like a b*^%$ in all their encounters! Doom will be no different! Doom is good, but well under Thanos in every aspect!
    Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Theracles
    Slinger said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Doom..Doom....Doom."
    Reed is no where near Thanos's intellect, Reed might be a super-genius but as you should know, it is written in Thanos's profile that Thanos is probably the most knowledgeable creature in the universe, Reed is just the smartest man in the world not the universe. I barely even think Reed is smarter than the Silver Surfer.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Theracles said:
    "Slinger said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Doom..Doom....Doom."
    Reed is no where near Thanos's intellect, Reed might be a super-genius but as you should know, it is written in Thanos's profile that Thanos is probably the most knowledgeable creature in the universe, Reed is just the smartest man in the world not the universe. I barely even think Reed is smarter than the Silver Surfer."
    That is completely false.Adam Warlock outsmarted Thanos on several occassions.Thanos's intellect is based on his own survival,it only rivals that of Doom and Reed Richards.He has created things beyond human technology but so has Reed and especially Doom.Doom has made it so man who is basically normal in every way could beat cosmic level beings like Magus and Silver Surfer.Reed Richards isn't the smartest man in the Universe but neither if Thanos.High Evolutionary evolved his brain to it's absolute peak..his knowledge is unlimited.Reed not smarter than Silver Surfer? That is also complete false.Silver Surfer isn't even smarter than She-Hulk or Daredevil.Strange,Reed,and Adam Warlock have schooled him many times.He has never proven to have a genius intellect...in fact most of Norrin-Radd's knowledge was stripped when he became Silver Surfer.
    Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Theracles
    Vance Astro said:
    "Theracles said:
    "Slinger said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Doom..Doom....Doom."
    Reed is no where near Thanos's intellect, Reed might be a super-genius but as you should know, it is written in Thanos's profile that Thanos is probably the most knowledgeable creature in the universe, Reed is just the smartest man in the world not the universe. I barely even think Reed is smarter than the Silver Surfer."
    That is completely false.Adam Warlock outsmarted Thanos on several occassions.Thanos's intellect is based on his own survival,it only rivals that of Doom and Reed Richards.He has created things beyond human technology but so has Reed and especially Doom.Doom has made it so man who is basically normal in every way could beat cosmic level beings like Magus and Silver Surfer.Reed Richards isn't the smartest man in the Universe but neither if Thanos.High Evolutionary evolved his brain to it's absolute peak..his knowledge is unlimited.Reed not smarter than Silver Surfer? That is also complete false.Silver Surfer isn't even smarter than She-Hulk or Daredevil.Strange,Reed,and Adam Warlock have schooled him many times.He has never proven to have a genius intellect...in fact most of Norrin-Radd's knowledge was stripped when he became Silver Surfer."

I might have made a slight exageration when I said Reed is dumber than the Surfer but Daredevil is too low graded to even be mentioned as smarter than the Silver Surfer, Doom or Reed do not match up to Thanos, Reed and Doom might be intelligent but Thanos is on a different level, outsmarting someone doesn't exactly mean you are smarter it means you are clever, Thanos's technology is far beyond Reed Richards, I remember when I was watching the Fantastic Four cartoon, Reed isn't even smarter than the Skrulls (the Skrulls used a wormhole to escape and Reed couldn't follow them), Thanos surpasses the Skrulls easily with knowledge, Reed's intelligence is limited as there are still some properties of the universe that he can't understand that maybe Thanos could, and as for Doom well, Reed and Doom are on par since I have never seen Reed to be smarter than Doom. Thanos is extremely brilliant, when I read the comics that include Reed and Thanos, I can see that Thanos is smarter.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Theracles said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Theracles said:
    "Slinger said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Doom..Doom....Doom."
    That is completely false.Adam Warlock outsmarted Thanos on several occassions.Thanos's intellect is based on his own survival,it only rivals that of Doom and Reed Richards.He has created things beyond human technology but so has Reed and especially Doom.Doom has made it so man who is basically normal in every way could beat cosmic level beings like Magus and Silver Surfer.Reed Richards isn't the smartest man in the Universe but neither if Thanos.High Evolutionary evolved his brain to it's absolute peak..his knowledge is unlimited.Reed not smarter than Silver Surfer? That is also complete false.Silver Surfer isn't even smarter than She-Hulk or Daredevil.Strange,Reed,and Adam Warlock have schooled him many times.He has never proven to have a genius intellect...in fact most of Norrin-Radd's knowledge was stripped when he became Silver Surfer."

I might have made a slight exageration when I said Reed is dumber than the Surfer but Daredevil is too low graded to even be mentioned as smarter than the Silver Surfer, Doom or Reed do not match up to Thanos, Reed and Doom might be intelligent but Thanos is on a different level, outsmarting someone doesn't exactly mean you are smarter it means you are clever, Thanos's technology is far beyond Reed Richards, I remember when I was watching the Fantastic Four cartoon, Reed isn't even smarter than the Skrulls (the Skrulls used a wormhole to escape and Reed couldn't follow them), Thanos surpasses the Skrulls easily with knowledge, Reed's intelligence is limited as there are still some properties of the universe that he can't understand that maybe Thanos could, and as for Doom well, Reed and Doom are on par since I have never seen Reed to be smarter than Doom. Thanos is extremely brilliant, when I read the comics that include Reed and Thanos, I can see that Thanos is smarter."
    Daredevil is smarter than Silver Surfer..he is a borderline genius and Silver Surfer isn't even close.He's not a genius and he's not that smart.Doom and Reed own Thanos..his tech is not even beyond anything Iron Man has created.I don't know if you've been on wiki but Reed and Iron Man sh#t on Thanos in the tech department.The Skrulls aren't that smart..they never have been able to match wits with Reed in actual comics...so that cartoon crap is null.You can't name one thing Thanos built tech wise that has anything on Iron Man's version of Extremis or anything Reed has built.Also just saying you read comics involving Reed and Thanos and Thanos is smarter isn't proof it's s a statement.You can't prove Thanos is smarter because it's false.
    Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Theracles
    Vance Astro said:
    "Theracles said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Theracles said:
    "Slinger said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Doom..Doom....Doom."

I might have made a slight exageration when I said Reed is dumber than the Surfer but Daredevil is too low graded to even be mentioned as smarter than the Silver Surfer, Doom or Reed do not match up to Thanos, Reed and Doom might be intelligent but Thanos is on a different level, outsmarting someone doesn't exactly mean you are smarter it means you are clever, Thanos's technology is far beyond Reed Richards, I remember when I was watching the Fantastic Four cartoon, Reed isn't even smarter than the Skrulls (the Skrulls used a wormhole to escape and Reed couldn't follow them), Thanos surpasses the Skrulls easily with knowledge, Reed's intelligence is limited as there are still some properties of the universe that he can't understand that maybe Thanos could, and as for Doom well, Reed and Doom are on par since I have never seen Reed to be smarter than Doom. Thanos is extremely brilliant, when I read the comics that include Reed and Thanos, I can see that Thanos is smarter."
    Daredevil is smarter than Silver Surfer..he is a borderline genius and Silver Surfer isn't even close.He's not a genius and he's not that smart.Doom and Reed own Thanos..his tech is not even beyond anything Iron Man has created.I don't know if you've been on wiki but Reed and Iron Man sh#t on Thanos in the tech department.The Skrulls aren't that smart..they never have been able to match wits with Reed in actual comics...so that cartoon crap is null.You can't name one thing Thanos built tech wise that has anything on Iron Man's version of Extremis or anything Reed has built.Also just saying you read comics involving Reed and Thanos and Thanos is smarter isn't proof it's s a statement.You can't prove Thanos is smarter because it's false."
    Thanos is above Iron Man, if it makes you happy, Reed is on par with Thanos, or smarter.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Theracles said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Theracles said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Theracles said:
    "Slinger said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Doom..Doom....Doom."

Daredevil is smarter than Silver Surfer..he is a borderline genius and Silver Surfer isn't even close.He's not a genius and he's not that smart.Doom and Reed own Thanos..his tech is not even beyond anything Iron Man has created.I don't know if you've been on wiki but Reed and Iron Man sh#t on Thanos in the tech department.The Skrulls aren't that smart..they never have been able to match wits with Reed in actual comics...so that cartoon crap is null.You can't name one thing Thanos built tech wise that has anything on Iron Man's version of Extremis or anything Reed has built.Also just saying you read comics involving Reed and Thanos and Thanos is smarter isn't proof it's s a statement.You can't prove Thanos is smarter because it's false."
    Thanos is above Iron Man, if it makes you happy, Reed is on par with Thanos, or smarter."
    It doesn't just make me happy it's true.
    Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Theracles
    Vance Astro said:
    "Theracles said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Theracles said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Theracles said:
    "Slinger said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Doom..Doom....Doom."

Thanos is above Iron Man, if it makes you happy, Reed is on par with Thanos, or smarter."
    It doesn't just make me happy it's true."
    I guess.
    AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#27  Edited By AssertingValor

I think he just has his priorities set to be the most powerful being. He has nearly conquered the universe 3 times. Doom hasn't even taken over anything  big.

Taylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Taylove

Thanos was born with superhuman intelligence and has spent much of his life acquiring knowledge. While in the service of death he spent a great deal of time gazing into the Infinity Well and learning "secrets" of the galaxy. Aside from the Watchers, he is, perhaps, the most knowledgeable being in the known universe.

No Caption Provided
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By The_Ghostshell

No Caption Provided
    Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Deathstroke is smart, and Bad ass....but not that smart

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Andferne

I always thought Thanos was a god. He was a Titan wasn't he?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Is Doom smarter than Thanos? I don't know I am inclined to say no, but he sure is more adaptive/resourceful/ a bigger overachiever/ does much more with what little he is given.

Thanos has a greater knowledge base.....but I dont know that he is naturally more intelligent Id give that to Doom.

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LordCosmicKing
    when doom can build a transdimensional vehicle from scratch without calling kang  then we'll talk about him matching intelligence with the titan.

isnt he also an actual god now.
    No Caption Provided

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lordraiden
    Gambler said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    "

Ah, yeah, o.k.? Is that never loses under the boot heel's of Thanos :-)
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By King_Saturn
    Thanos is definately Top 3 if not the most Intelligent
    Black Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Black Mass

I'd give this one to The Mad Titan. He has amassed a crazy amount of knowledge, and all ways uses it to make sure he's the last man standing. Doom is a top class villain, but they don't compare in feats or smarts. They just don't.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    LordCosmicKing said:
    isnt he also an actual god now.
    He's nothing now...he's dead.
    LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LordCosmicKing

death in comics doesnt mean he ceases to exist.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    LordCosmicKing said:
    "death in comics doesnt mean he ceases to exist."
    It does now.
    LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By LordCosmicKing

no it does not,  you still "exist" smart guy.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    LordCosmicKing said:
    "no it does not,  you still "exist" smart guy."
    It does CuzIsaidso.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    lordraiden said:
    "Gambler said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    "

Ah, yeah, o.k.? Is that never loses under the boot heel's of Thanos :-)"
    LMAO please tell me you know that post was a joke?
    lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lordraiden
    Gambler said:
    "lordraiden said:
    "Gambler said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    "

Ah, yeah, o.k.? Is that never loses under the boot heel's of Thanos :-)"
    LMAO please tell me you know that post was a joke?"

Yeah, dude, of course I knew, as was my replay in a funny way, I was just playing along with ya ;-)
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    lordraiden said:
    "Yeah, dude, of course I knew, as was my replay in a funny way, I was just playing along with ya ;-)"
    Cool cool, cause we both know with prep Deathstroke would own Thanos
    lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By lordraiden
    Gambler said:
    "lordraiden said:
    "Yeah, dude, of course I knew, as was my replay in a funny way, I was just playing along with ya ;-)"
    Cool cool, cause we both know with prep Deathstroke would own Thanos"

Your killing me, G! I don't know whether to laugh or cry lol
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    lordraiden said:
    "Gambler said:
    "lordraiden said:
    Cool cool, cause we both know with prep Deathstroke would own Thanos"

Your killing me, G! I don't know whether to laugh or cry lol"
    LOL
    Avatar image for the_man_of_tomorrow
    The Man of Tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Saturn said:
    "Thanos is definately Top 3 if not the most Intelligent
    "
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48  Edited By Zoom
    Vance Astro said:
    "LordCosmicKing said:
    "death in comics doesnt mean he ceases to exist."
    It does now."
    Does anybody else remember that miniseries with Thanos where at the end they were all like "Okay now.  Nobody else comes back from the dead anymore?"

Did anybody else laugh at that?
    LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LordCosmicKing

kinda.. i just figured they change the method of simply being resurrected, now it be like genetic cloning time travel parallel realities and ascending.

pretty much how they brought back captain marvel.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lordraiden
    LordCosmicKing said:
    "kinda.. i just figured they change the method of simply being resurrected, now it be like genetic cloning time travel parallel realities and ascending.

pretty much how they brought back captain marvel."

Um, but he's not actually back, is he?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.