Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1258 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

Is Thanos The MCU version of Emperor Palpatine

bear1318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bear1318

Why does I feel as though this guy is pulling everyone strings in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Just like how Palpatine played The Senate, Trade Federation and Etc in The Star Wars Series. I wouldn`t be surprise if he is connected to Ultron or Winter Soldier or The Dark world also. Do anyone else feel this way also?

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By NighThunder

I do

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@bear1318: Technically since Thanos came first Palpataine would be the Star Wars version of him.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@bear1318: Technically since Thanos came first Palpataine would be the Star Wars version of him.

This.

ace20xd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By ace20xd6

He's suppose to be the Marvel version of Darkseid.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nope, the MCU is actually well-written :P

Plus that is a Machiavellian villain archetype and is pretty common in fiction.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: But Thanos wasn't always the master manipulator. At first he was just a generic "Take over the Universe" type.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is teh Emperor of the MCU. He is behind the scenes, manipulating, and also actually doing some nasty stuff. He's got that booming presence and I likey likey. I mean have you seen the Guardians? He's in one scene and my god is Thanos great there!

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it isn't that uncommon of a thing.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By seekquaze

I would say no. I don't see him really pulling everyone's strings or manipulating events on a large scale. Emperor Palpatine had his finger in nearly every pie and everyone dancing to his strings who plans more or less generally succeeded.

With Thanos, so far there is no evidence that he connected to The Dark Elves, Kree-Nova War, Hydra or anything else. His plans so far have failed and his minions instead of loyally serving him have all turned on him. So I would say he is not off to a great start though he may get out of his chair and put his mind to something after the events in GOTG.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.