Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1258 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

How does Thanos tap into and manipulate cosmic energy?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Have it ever been explain how Thanos can manipulate cosmic energy? Is that an innate ability, something granted to him by others or developed via experimentation?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always seen it as being innate to his character.

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: Through meditation and certain mystical techniques, Thanos augmented his power in still other ways, enabling him to tap, transform, and direct vast quantities of cosmic energy for destructive force. He can emit blasts of plasma and cosmic energy of devastating power from his eyes and hands. I copied and pasted from his wiki seems this the source too his power's.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rahiem9123: I noticed that but the Marvel Wiki stated otherwise so I was wondering if a comic gave a clear explanation for this ability.

Thanos is a superhuman mutant whose massive, heavy-bodied form was born with the capacity to synthesize cosmic energy for certain personal uses

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: hmmm I would say check out Thanos rising since it's a origin story

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although it's not been fully explained, I understand it that Thanos is an Eternal and it's part of their nature to manipulate Cosmic energy. Now, here's my headcannon to explain why he's insanely powerful.

It's known that Thanos has genetically and cybernetically enhanced himself (see wikis). What's also stated is that Eternals are generally only able to use their comsic power in one area only. So being super-strong, high telepathy, insane power blasts, or whatever. My theory is that Thanos trained his powers to their absolute limit in on area and then used his enhancements to hold his power manipulation at that point while then working on learning how to do something else.

So say a normal Eternal could become as strong as Prof X in Telepathy and as strong as World War Hulk in strength but not both at the same time. Thanos' manipulated his body to allow this.

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an innate ability.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.