Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1258 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

D.C. Equivalent of Thanos in power ?

• 89 results
    primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Prime obviously

acebomb98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By acebomb98

@rr79: fanboy isn’t an insult that’s just how you interpret it, and just cause some people are fanboys doesn’t mean everyone with different options then yourself is a fanboy, again you said that not me. You need to stop adding your biased to a word that is used in many different context, the fact that you can’t admit that some people are fanboys of certain characters even tho some of those people are proud to be fanboys just shows how ignorant you are.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: fanboy isn’t an insult that’s just how you interpret it, and just cause some people are fanboys doesn’t mean everyone with different options then yourself is a fanboy, again you said that not me. You need to stop adding your biased to a word that is used in many different context, the fact that you can’t admit that some people are fanboys of certain characters even tho some of those people are proud to be fanboys just shows how ignorant you are.

Fanboy is an insult because by its very definition it is saying that someone is so blinded by loyalty to that character that they can't think straight. It is basically calling them stupid. And once again, it absolutely is against the rules here. So, keep using it and I will keep flagging you, end of story.

acebomb98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty: if you call a rapist a rapist tho there gonna be a lot more affended and hurt by it then if you call a normal person a rapist, somehow he feels we’re attacking “his group” of people, AKA anyone that shares his opinion lol. But yea it’s not an insult and there are “proud” fanboys who don’t mind the title when it comes to certain characters.

acebomb98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

acebomb98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: I’d be very surprised by those fears and I need more details but if your right then yea I’d say he could have a chance of winning

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty: if you call a rapist a rapist tho there gonna be a lot more affended and hurt by it then if you call a normal person a rapist, somehow he feels we’re attacking “his group” of people, AKA anyone that shares his opinion lol. But yea it’s not an insult and there are “proud” fanboys who don’t mind the title when it comes to certain characters.

That is the absolute worst logic I have ever seen. As I stated before, there is a major difference between being a fan of a character and a fanboy of a character. And if you are going to talk about someone, have the guts to tag them.

Now, here is a good reason that many(and I do mean many) consider the term fanboy to be an insult:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fanboy

Fact is, many see it as you calling them stupid and thinking their opinion doesn't matter simply because they happen to be a fan of a character. Fact is, a fan can be objective about a character, while a fanboy typically cannot.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it funny that a person I have blocked from receiving his notifications made such a debate (whether right or wrong) over my opening words, rather than the actual argument, or thread at hand. Boy, I feel important now.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By P00TY

@acebomb98: @rr79:

1) What is the "urban dictionary"? I'm willing to bet that they don't have that dictionary in library or schools.

2) Did you see with your own eyes that the term is not allowed? I checked the battle forum rules and the site rules. I searched for the word "fan". I didn't see the term fanboy once. Maybe I missed it. IDK

3) I just called two people fanboys a few days ago. They laughed about it. No mods threatened me. No flags. See post 246. Link below.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/cav-thanos-apex-predator-vs-odin-asgardianbrony-op-1855717/?page=5

Regardless if it is against the rules ....its the equivalent of Jay walking. Most let it slide.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty said:

@acebomb98: @rr79:

1) What is the "urban dictionary"? I'm willing to bet that they don't have that dictionary in library or schools.

2) Did you see with your own eyes that the term is not allowed? I checked the battle forum rules and the site rules. I searched for the word "fan". I didn't see the term fanboy once. Maybe I missed it. IDK

3) I just called two people fanboys a few days ago. They laughed about it. No mods threatened me. No flags. See post 246. Link below.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/cav-thanos-apex-predator-vs-odin-asgardianbrony-op-1855717/?page=5

Regardless if it is against the rules ....its the equivalent of Jay walking. Most let it slide.

1) It's not an official dictionary, more of a dictionary of how most people take certain terms to mean.

2) I've done better, I've asked mods personally and yes, it absolutely is against the rules.

3) Anecdotal evidence. I've also seen people get warned for using it a couple of times, and even know that one person was banned partially for continued use of it.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty: You know? I guess the real question to ask here is... Why no mods have come over to exert divine retaliation against my use of the unspeakable word?

acebomb98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: lol I already implied your a fanboy by the way you get so offended by someone saying that thanos has some fanboys. Worst logic? I don’t think you know what logic is....yes it’s well known that if you make a broad statement against a certain group(fanboys) then people from that group are the most likely to get offended(you). Also u seem to understand there a difference between a fanboy and a fan of character yet you take offense when someone uses the word, you understand it’s a real phrase yet you make it sound like no one can be called a fanboy. The original post simple pointed the fact out that thanos fanboys will hate on darkseid unreasonably. Again stop avoiding the question, can u admit that some people are fanboys?

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: lol I already implied your a fanboy by the way you get so offended by someone saying that thanos has some fanboys. Worst logic? I don’t think you know what logic is....yes it’s well known that if you make a broad statement against a certain group(fanboys) then people from that group are the most likely to get offended(you). Also u seem to understand there a difference between a fanboy and a fan of character yet you take offense when someone uses the word, you understand it’s a real phrase yet you make it sound like no one can be called a fanboy. The original post simple pointed the fact out that thanos fanboys will hate on darkseid unreasonably. Again stop avoiding the question, can u admit that some people are fanboys?

Funny thing is, you are implying I am a fanboy when you know absolutely nothing about me. That is not only immature it is downright stupid. And yes, it absolutely is the worst logic ever. You are comparing a rapist to a fanboy and trying to say that anyone that gets offended at being called one must be one. Yes, there is a difference between being a fan of a character and a fanboy as I have already explained multiple times. That doesn't change the fact that calling someone a fanboy on this site is against the rules and has been for a long time. I don't like for anyone to resort to insults, especially when nobody had even said anything even remotely "fanboyish" yet. When you have to resort to insults to win a debate you shouldn't be debating. You never asked me that question, but regardless of if they are or not, breaking the rules of the forum is something I try very hard not to do. I will say that fanboys do exist, but you will never see me call anyone a fanboy on this site.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
    MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: if you look in the CW Arrow vs Loki thread theres individuals who actually believe that he can defeat Loki for a majority there are fanboys on this site whether you like it or not

acebomb98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By acebomb98

@rr79: I never said someone offended by being called a fanboy is one, Isimply stated that there more likely of being perceived as one if they get really offended especially by simple statement like “some people are fanboys”. The reason why the logic seems flawed is cause you had no comprehension of the point I was making. Yes if I say I hate rapist then someone says that I shouldn’t insult rapist I’m inclined to believe there more likely to be one then the person who also dislikes rapist. I never compared fanboys to rapist it was an example. Again another moment where either your comprehension skills are sub par or you miss read what I wrote. You keep saying that there’s a difference between a fan and a fanboy but I’ve never denied that or said anything that should make you come to the conclusion that I think there the same thing(comprehension skills are not your specialty are they....) I also never said that you have called someone a fanboy but there’s nothing wrong with the word and it does have a correct time and place to be used when it comes to certain people’s opinions on certain matters. The original post was using prior knowledge to talk about the downplay of the Darkseid character and had nothing to do with someone’s exact post or even anything written on this post yet. Chances are you were clearly triggered cause you felt that someone talking about fanboys was a personal attack against you or because people have called you a fanboy in the past.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: I never said someone offended by being called a fanboy is one, Isimply stated that there more likely of being perceived as one if they get really offended especially by simple statement like “some people are fanboys”. The reason why the logic seems flawed is cause you had no comprehension of the point I was making. Yes if I say I hate rapist then someone says that I shouldn’t insult rapist I’m inclined to believe there more likely to be one then the person who also dislikes rapist. I never compared fanboys to rapist it was an example. Again another moment where either your comprehension skills are sub par or you miss read what I wrote. You keep saying that there’s a difference between a fan and a fanboy but I’ve never denied that or said anything that should make you come to the conclusion that I think there the same thing(comprehension skills are not your specialty are they....) I also never said that you have called someone a fanboy but there’s nothing wrong with the word and it does have a correct time and place to be used when it comes to certain people’s opinions on certain matters. The original post was using prior knowledge to talk about the downplay of the Darkseid character and had nothing to do with someone’s exact post or even anything written on this post yet. Chances are you were clearly triggered cause you felt that someone talking about fanboys was a personal attack against you or because people have called you a fanboy in the past.

There is nothing wrong with my comprehension. You very clearly compared calling someone a rapist to calling someone a fanboy and they are very clearly VERY different things. I really don't see how you can't understand the simple fact that some people do not like to see other users insulted for no reason. Whether the term is insulting to you personally doesn't really matter. Fact is, it is insulting to a lot of people. I even posted why it is insulting to a lot of people. It isn't my fault you can't be bothered to read it. And no, someone that doesn't see a reason for people to immediately start slinging insults at others does not count as being "triggered". Fact is, insulting other users on this site is against the rules. Fact is calling others a fanboy does fall under insulting other users, no matter how you try to justify it. Then there is the fact that people use the word entirely too liberally. Half the time they don't even have a reason and just call someone a fanboy simply because that person disagree's with their opinion. It is poor debating to insult someone because they do not agree with you. That will never change.

@rr79: if you look in the CW Arrow vs Loki thread theres individuals who actually believe that he can defeat Loki for a majority there are fanboys on this site whether you like it or not

When you have to resort to insults to win a debate you shouldn't be debating. You never asked me that question, but regardless of if they are or not, breaking the rules of the forum is something I try very hard not to do. I will say that fanboys do exist, but you will never see me call anyone a fanboy on this site.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
    MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: Also I've never heard of calling someone a fanboy being against the rules it's not a insult at all and I've seen people acknowledge themselves as one sometimes its very true

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: Also I've never heard of calling someone a fanboy being against the rules it's not a insult at all and I've seen people acknowledge themselves as one sometimes its very true

I have literally seen people get banned for continued calling others fanboys. It IS an insult whether you like it or not.

acebomb98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By acebomb98

@rr79: there le a difference between comparing two things and using an example, you can replace the word rapist with 100 other labels and I’d still be making the same point about the likelihood of someone giving hints they may belong to a certain group of people. If you honestly think I’m saying that being a fanboy is LIKE being a rapist(comparing) then there’s something very wrong with you far beyond just comprehension skills. Just take a second and think to yourself if something someone says something that sounds insane there’s a good chance that’s cause that’s not what they said and your misinterpreting there comment. There are real people on this site that use insults for no reason yet your focusing on a legitimate point like saying that someone is being a fanboy and needs to be less biased. I didn’t call you triggered cause you dislike insults on this site, I called you triggered cause you seemed to want to start an argument with whoever posted the original statement about fanboys just cause they simply pointed out the fact that some people are uneducated on some battles and just pick the side they like the most and not who has the best chance of winning. No doubt some people use the word when there’s no reason of evidence to conclude someone is a fanboy but once again the word has its place in discussion whether it hurts your feelings or not. You may feel that “fanboy” is thrown around too much but I feel that the word “insult” is used too much. Not everything is an insult and sometimes you really do just got to toughen up and act like an adult instead of trying to trash a person for making possible one of the most uncontroversial statements on this site like pointing out that certain characters catch a lot more heat from fanboys then others. Finally back up to the beginning of your reply, “I really don't see how you can't understand the simple fact that some people do not like to see other users insulted for no reason.” no one was insulted or called out by the original post. Maybe if the person had tagged someone when referring to fanboys I could understand and even agree with your side but he didn’t, it’s not taboo to say some people are fanboys.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: there le a difference between comparing two things and using an example, you can replace the word rapist with 100 other labels and I’d still be making the same point about the likelihood of someone giving hints they may belong to a certain group of people. If you honestly think I’m saying that being a fanboy is LIKE being a rapist(comparing) then there’s something very wrong with you far beyond just comprehension skills. Just take a second and think to yourself if something someone says something that sounds insane there’s a good chance that’s cause that’s not what they said and your misinterpreting there comment. There are real people on this site that use insults for no reason yet your focusing on a legitimate point like saying that someone is being a fanboy and needs to be less biased. I didn’t call you triggered cause you dislike insults on this site, I called you triggered cause you seemed to want to start an argument with whoever posted the original statement about fanboys just cause they simply pointed out the fact that some people are uneducated on some battles and just pick the side they like the most and not who has the best chance of winning. No doubt some people use the word when there’s no reason of evidence to conclude someone is a fanboy but once again the word has its place in discussion whether it hurts your feelings or not. You may feel that “fanboy” is thrown around too much but I feel that the word “insult” is used too much. Not everything is an insult and sometimes you really do just got to toughen up and act like an adult instead of trying to trash a person for making possible one of the most uncontroversial statements on this site like pointing out that certain characters catch a lot more heat from fanboys then others. Finally back up to the beginning of your reply, “I really don't see how you can't understand the simple fact that some people do not like to see other users insulted for no reason.” no one was insulted or called out by the original post. Maybe if the person had tagged someone when referring to fanboys I could understand and even agree with your side but he didn’t, it’s not taboo to say some people are fanboys.

I'll put it like this, it's an extremely bad comparison. You are comparing something completely despicable to something that is much less so. Someone defending a person being called a rapist is very different than someone defending a person being called a fanboy. Though I would say that if there is zero evidence of the person being a rapist I would defend them as well. But regardless, what you were doing with the comment was false equivalence. It is not a legitimate point when nobody had even said anything even remotely "fanboyish" when the person made the comment, it was nothing more than a needless insult. And no, I didn't want to start an argument, I clearly asked why he felt the need to immediately start off throwing insults. There are many other ways I could have gone about it had I wanted to start an argument. To me, people that sling insults rather than debate with integrity are worse than "fanboys". And yes, this is a case of him calling people biased fanboys for absolutely no reason and there was no evidence to support his statement. When you are calling a person a fanboy you are basically saying that their opinion does not matter because they cannot be objective. That is most definitely insulting to people that only wish to debate a battle and because they disagree with you, you label them a fanboy. And it doesn't really matter if you feel the word "insult" is used too much, the fact of the matter it is against the rules to insult other users on this site. You do not see it as an insult, but your statement "no one was insulted or called out by the original post." is absolutely false. Just because you do not see something as insulting does not mean it is not insulting to someone else. It was a blanket insult, basically saying that anybody that says that Thanos beats Darkseid is nothing more than a biased fanboy. But, this is getting tiring and we are obviously not going to agree, so I will leave it at this. I will always flag people for insulting others. There is absolutely no need for it and all it shows is poor debating skills.

acebomb98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: wasn’t a comparison but an example, he never said people that think thanos can beat darkseid are fanboys but that darkseid gets lowballed by fanboys which would make it a “blanket” insult towards fanboys if I recall his original post correctly. But alright.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acebomb98: What details would you like? I got you fam.

acebomb98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: my bad I dont remember where we left off or what I was curious about in the thread after I got in an argument with the RR79

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By AbstractRaze
    @iknowwhoyouare said:

Anti-Monitor

He's way stronger, we're talking about 5 out of 10.

@kanyecosby said: Maybe Superboy Prime

Agree, he could be a real proximity.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: my bad I dont remember where we left off or what I was curious about in the thread after I got in an argument with the RR79

Bloodlusted Hal Jordan.

acebomb98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acebomb98: He’s one-shotted Krona, who had absorbed all of the Entities of the Emotionally Spectrum, who are at minimum Universal in power. Including Ion, the embodiment of Willpower and the source of Hal’s Power. Hal literally beat a guy who had absorbed the source of his power, and was therefore immune to his power, through sheer willpower. Not to even mention that Krona had ALL of the Entities, not just Ion.

Should be enough to say he could hurt Thanos.

acebomb98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: pretty impressive especially for Hal Jordan, if u have them id love to see some of the scans of the battles but yea if he did do that then yea he should be able to fight thanos

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
    deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In bfr Darkse...ahh shit

lol at kyle and Hal being Thanos level, they aren't even Silver Surfer level forget about Thanos

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
    ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

I don't think there is any DC powerhouse that rivals Thanos power-wise, they can either be beneath his weight class or higher but not in between, unfortunately.

Bezza1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Current Thanos, as in the one recently featured in his own comic is above Darkseid. I know this was a future/elsewhere type story, but he basically ended up beating everyone. Trouble with Darkseid is that historically his power levels have fluctuated a lot. He's been beaten up by Superman in some stories, but then been seen to take on all of the Justice League at once. I don't read enough DC stuff at the moment to know where Darkseid is currently at, but having read the current Thanos run from start to finish, I think he's on a different level now, personally.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Larfleeze, Superboy Prime, Starbreaker and Yuga Khan are probably the closest to Thanos purely in terms of power.

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By tethadam

Darkseid. The versions above Superman.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Larfleeze, Superboy Prime, Starbreaker and Yuga Khan are probably the closest to Thanos purely in terms of power.

Yeah this is all I can think of, though I can't see current Thanos losing to any of them at the moment.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@shirso: Prime might be able to take him, he's definitely in with a shot with the Guardian amp.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
    Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one, the Mad Titan has no equal

Avatar image for galan_destroyer
    Galan_Destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one.

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hard to find someone who can match Thanos's base level and beat him, most characters are either far above him in power (reality warpers) or not at his level whatsoever, I think the fact that he is wanked so much also plays a factor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.