Follow

Terry McGinnis

Character » Terry McGinnis appears in 407 issues.

Born with a partial strand of the original Batman's DNA, Terry McGinnis was a reformed juvenile delinquent who stole the Batman suit to avenge the murder of his father. Under Wayne's guidance, Terry became The Tomorrow Knight of futuristic Neo-Gotham: Batman Beyond.

What is Terrys role in the bat family?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd20c538d35a
    deactivated-5cd20c538d35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I havent read his new 52/rebirth comics yet but Im wondering how the writers are getting around the whole 'Terry being Bruces son and successor' thing in a universe where Damian Wayne now exists.

AssassinB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AssassinB

@antibionic: The only logical thing would be making Damian the biological father instead of Bruce. That would be less convoluted instead of the clone-son mess that the creators given him on the animated series. Also, it would fit better with an elderly Bruce Wayne in his 70's. Imagining Bruce having another 16 year old son at that age is kinda nonsensical, but not impossible though.

I also think that instead of the clone sperm thing flu shot with Mr. McGinnis it would be better if Terry was just an adopted kid if he is going to be blood related with Bruce Wayne. Making him being secretly hidden away by Damian from his father and Bat-family to protect him from his other evil family the Al Ghuls would set up the story for an interesting drama.

Just my opinion though.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AssassinB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AssassinB

@scouterv: Really? Where? :3 Did they say that Terry is actually Bruce and Joker's secret son then?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assassinb: Well, Damian is Ra's now. Plotted by his grandfather. There has been no indication on the origin of Terry, but they probably kept it the same. At the very least Damian doesn't appear to be involved.

AssassinB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: @scouterv: @scouterv: Thanks I searched on Google. But still I was answering the Bruce is Terry's father question. And I still think that they could have fixed it by making Damian the father of Terry. Too bad writers this days doesn't seem to have much imagination on simple things.

Kinda lame they made Damian evil, I think it would have been better if they made him a sort of anti- hero assassin that is arrogant from the outside but in truth he cares about the Bat family and if he had a son like Terry he would love that child beyond anything. Making him the new Ra's al Ghul kinda kills his growth in the other comics.

I was actually hoping that in the Beyond universe he is in a war of assassins against his grandfather and mother, kinda like in the Arkham Kight games.

That would explain his absence in Gotham and why he is not Batman.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ScouterV

@assassinb: I don't think there's a problem with Terry being Bruce's son though. Bruce has an adult and a teenage son-clone. And the story is only partly done. Bruce believes Ra's manipulated Damian. We haven't heard his side of things since he hasn't spoken to Bruce in years.

Plus, this future is hardly set in stone.

AssassinB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AssassinB

@scouterv: Well, I still think the clone sperm thing is stupid though ;P. And Ra's manipulating Damian is lazy writing, Damian knows how dangerous his grandfather is. As his mother was brainwashed and again, it kills his growth on the other comics. I'm not really a Damian fan though, but I don't know how writers seem to miss so subtle opportunities to make a character like Damian actually grow some maturity as an adult!! ;P

Plus Bruce already has to many "sons" if Terry is his then Matt (Terry's young brother ) is his son too. That with Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian makes 6 sons all looking the same.

Oh, well as you said things could change though. I just hope we don't get another super convoluted story or over dramatic nonesense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.