Follow

Terry McGinnis

Character » Terry McGinnis appears in 408 issues.

Born with a partial strand of the original Batman's DNA, Terry McGinnis was a reformed juvenile delinquent who stole the Batman suit to avenge the murder of his father. Under Wayne's guidance, Terry became The Tomorrow Knight of futuristic Neo-Gotham: Batman Beyond.

Interview: Dan Jurgens and Bernard Chang Take on BATMAN BEYOND

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

BATMAN BEYOND is back. When the animated series debuted in 1999, it changed the way we looked at Batman. We were introduced to a new world and ideas that felt both familiar and brand new. We’ve been lucky to have some great comics with Terry McGinnis and friends over the years and are even seeing Terry play a role in the current series THE NEW 52: FUTURE END.

With the news of this new ongoing title, there was the question of where would the title fit in in Terry’s world and timeline. With Dan Jurgens, one of the writers for FUTURES END, as the writer of this book, we had a slight idea. Now the details can be revealed. We spoke with writer Dan and artist Bernard Chang about the series to find out what we can expect.

COMIC VINE: Is this following the Terry McGinnis we’re seeing in FUTURES END?

DAN JURGENS: Yeah. In FUTURES END, we made the conscious decision to begin to integrate Batman Beyond and that world into the DC Universe. Once FUTURES END is done running and plays out, we’re going to pick up on Batman Beyond going back to the future and picking up where we are thirty-five years from now. It will be part of the DCU.

No Caption Provided

CV: Is there going to be any Back to the Future effects where things are different now and he’s going to have to adjust. Or is that something you can’t talk about just yet?

DJ: There’s a little bit of “Stay tuned.” Obviously, Batman Beyond came back to this world and time, or actually five years from now as we know it, with a mission in mind. We still have to address the concept of that mission and how that resolves itself. It’s safe to say Batman Beyond ends up, in the future, thirty-five years from now and we pick up on that story.

CV: Will we see how Terry’s been affect with the whole adventure and ordeal and coming face to face with young Batman, Tim Drake, and everything.

DJ: Oh, in terms of what we’ve introduced there, whether it was him meeting younger Bruce Wayne or the Joker-borg that is half Joker and half Batman, and things like that will be a part of it. In our first story, we’re also going to get someone in from Terry’s world, that I think will provide context for what these stories will be and how it’s all going to work out from a character’s standpoint.

CV: Are we going to see a character redesign or a costume change?

BERNARD CHANG: Initially we’re going to stick fairly close to his current costume. Although, as the story progresses, there will be room for revisions and additions. This is a tremendous opportunity for us to redesign a lot of the DC Universe thirty-five years out. Thirty-five years is not a lot of time but technology and society expands exponentially during that course. This past weekend I’ve been following Dan around like his shadow. He’s already very annoyed with me.

[laughs]

Especially today. I’m just picking at him, asking him questions. Sometimes it has something to do with Batman and sometimes it doesn’t. Part of it is, translation. Translating his ideas, his concepts, and his words into pictures, motions, imagery, and tempo. Hopefully the fans of both the animated series and the comics will come together and see this as a great next step forward.

CV: What’s the world going to look like? Will it be similar to what we’ve seen in the animated series or are you going to add some tweaks here and there?

BC: Dan and I talked earlier and he threw out a lot of guys like Ralph McQuarrie but mixed in with a little bit of Blade Runner. We are talking about thirty-five years from now so it’s not like buildings are going to be floating in the sky.

DJ: The animated show, I thought, and I think it was appropriate for the way they were doing it, was more almost Legion of Super-Heroes futuristic and we’re not going to be that. We’re not going to be there in thirty-five years.

CV: What is Terry’s mission going to be? Is it back to fighting crime and protecting Gotham?

DJ: There’s going to be a very particular mission that he starts out with right off the bat. We’re going to almost introduce some aspect of that in FUTURES END. So when he gets back, it’s not just going to be, “Oh gee, here I am. Time to have a beer.” He’s going to hit the ground running.

BC: Futuristic thirty-five year beer.

DJ: Yeah. Exactly. Craft beer will be all the rage and will advance from where they are now. He’ll hit the ground running and have a very particular mission in mind.

CV: What about his supporting cast? Any familiar faces from before?

DJ: In our first story, yeah, we’ll see a face that is very familiar to Terry. As I’ve said, he’ll provide context for where we are in that world and really let people know, yeah, this is the Batman Beyond future.

CV: One of the fun things was when you’d see the future versions of the characters. Now with things changing, you can go back and say, here’s what happened to…the Riddler within those thirty-five years. Are we going to see more of a return to what could potentially happened to these characters?

DJ: Yeah, I think the concept of seeing current DC characters, that we know, somehow manifest themselves into what they are thirty-five years from now, is too good of a concept to pass up on. I’m not going to leave that one on the cutting room floor. There’s too much there to play with. That’s going to be part of the fun of the series.

CV: What about new characters or new villains?

DJ: I think we have to introduce that as well. And what we also have to do, one of things I’ve talked to Bernard about, is wanting to move outside of Gotham. Often when we read a comic now it’s like here’s the story of Superman in Metropolis and here’s a story of Batman in Gotham. I think, part of the fun of the world thirty-five years is we can create some very different and exotic places. There can be places we can send him that are very different from what we’ve seen. You can’t really do that in the current modern day DC world but we certainly can do that thirty-five years from now.

CV: That’s what I wondered in the series, what happened to Starling City, Metropolis, Paradise Island, etc? What are they like? What happened to the other characters?

DJ: Exactly.

BC: Visually, part of that design work is all Earth-based. Previously working on GREEN LANTERN CORPS, they’re all Science Ficiton/action-adventure stories. GREEN LANTERN CORPS is more alien worlds and alien civilizations and this is much more Earth-based so it’s going to give me a lot of opportunities to play with my architecture background and how to construct different things. With the Blade Runner approach, we’re going to be able to take some of the old and mix it with the new.

CV: How do you approach designing a new character in this future without just…putting a plastic bubble over their head or something?

[laughs]

BC: Or put a racing stripe down their shoulder.

DJ: Yeah, yeah.

BC: Or a goatee, but that’s usually for bad guys.

As we progress through the story, and the characters and storylines that do come up, we’ve been challenged to push the limits of how we take the characters. At this point, because we’re playing with a futuristic story, there really is no limit as far as how crazy we can go. Part of that is going to be, hopefully, a surprise for the fans and for the readers, but also for us, in terms of challenging each other as a team. Dan and myself will try to one up each other. A great book requires a great writer and a great artist. How they play off of each other will lead to the best product. Like in any kind of team, you need somebody that you can play with that’s going to highlight your strengths and also be able to pick up your weaknesses.

I’m looking forward to working with Dan. I’ve known him to for quite a while now and here we had the opportunity a little over a year ago to work on a project but the timing didn’t work out. But now, this is something I’m very excited about.

From Batman Beyond the animated series.
    From Batman Beyond the animated series.

CV: What about Bruce Wayne? Is he still around? How much does he know about what has happened and what may have changed?

DJ: …You’ll see Bruce.

CV: Okay. The last question, most importantly, what about Ace?

DJ: [laughs] No plans for Ace right now.

CV: Oh no.

DJ: Oh no. I know. Not quite yet but never say never.

Get ready to go back to the future with Batman Beyond this June! Here's the solicit.

BATMAN BEYOND #1

Written by DAN JURGENS

Art and cover by BERNARD CHANG

1:25 Variant cover by KALMAN ANDRASOFSKY

On sale JUNE 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

At last, Batman Beyond gets his own ongoing series in THE definitive future of the DCU! But this isn’t the Beyond you think you know! With the Justice League missing and without Bruce to guide him, this new Batman will need to explore this bizarre world on his own while fighting to raise humanity from an opponent that’s already won.

The heroes Batman knew have failed, the world he knew has been turned on its head, and every step he takes will lead him either toward finding home – or further down the road of disaster!

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You know, this sounds very cool and all and I will probably give it a shot, but I really miss Dan Jurgens' art. I want more of that. Give that man a book.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I love me some Batman Beyond so I'm sure I'll pick this up at some point.

Might wait however since I'm still not caught up on Kyle Higgins' DCAU Batman Beyond book and I don't want to cross my timestreams haha.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a definite add to my pull list. I've loved the art and how BB was drawn in futures end. This series will be something to look forward to.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bladewolf

Bernard Chang art...can't wait!

Eivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they would just continue Higgins' book. This pretty much means they will never return to that universe.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

Yeah! Terry McG is now cannon for sure!

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I cannot explain my excitement for this book. I do t read any of that batman books just because of budget and interests, but i grew up with Batman Beyond and this is an absolute must for me

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'm looking forward to this so much. Very excited for what DC is doing in June

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@eivion said:

I wish they would just continue Higgins' book. This pretty much means they will never return to that universe.

I don't know why DC keeps ending their good digital comics.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

This is the first time in years I've been excited for a Batman title.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@bigl said:

I'm looking forward to this so much. Very excited for what DC is doing in June

This!

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By primebonnick

hmm where is little zod? i thought he was apart of the JL

millennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this could have been so much better than what its going to be if they would just go away from the cartoon and really think this series out

Avatar image for romthelegionaire
    Romthelegionaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

Super excited for this series. Part of me hopes however that the writers will acknowledge some of the contributions that both Kyle Higgins and Christos Gage made to the Beyond mythos in the Batman Beyond 2.0 and Justice League Beyond 2.0 series. They really fleshed out that universe in new ways. I'm hoping Old Static, Zeta, and Lil Zod make appearances.

Avatar image for everybodyhateschris
    EverybodyHatesChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You got me. I am in. But if the rumors of who might be under the cowl is true then I'll be very intrigued.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@millennium: Sounds like it's gonna be sweet to me. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah! Terry McG is now cannon for sure!

Everything will now be canon. Some characters and books will just be in other universes. Just like the Earth 2 book. But yes, everything will now be canon. I talked to Van Jensen about this and he's the one who told me this.

mantequilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 193

I know I'm risking my life saying this but finally someone is going to do something with that horrible horrible BB costume, I never liked it

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

DC: New 52 Beyond

Damien Wayne Beyond: Ideas 1) he was always a clone of Bruce Wayne anyway, so Bruce went to KADMUS and had them clone Damien again and retained all of Damien’s memories from before he died. This Damien was raised as Bruce’s son. He grew up taking over for Nightwing as the new Nightwing for a few years before his father retired from Batman and he became the new Batman. Secretly he always saw himself as a clone of Bruce Wayne, not that he was ever treated that way, so when Bruce was killed by an assassin of Powers’ Damien took his place to keep Bruce Wayne alive. He changed his name to Bruce, never letting on that he was Damien to anyone. Being a clone he looked just like his father. He also had his father’s memories transplanted into his brain using KADMUS again. As he got older his heart became weaker and he nearly had to kill a man with a gun to stay alive, seeing that his original Damien programming and violence was still there he retired and went into hiding. Terry stole the Batman suit and that brings us to Batman Beyond. No one ever knew or suspected that Bruce was actually Damien, after so many years as Bruce maybe Damien didn’t even remember for sure.

Ideas 2) Damien Wayne was cloned again by Bruce using KADMUS. He grew up and eventually took over for Nightwing, though he spelled it Knightwing. However his original family the League of Shadows was calling after Ras al Ghul finally died for real this time, after an ordeal where the Bat Family had to fight the League of Shadows Damien decided it would be best for him to return to them and take his place as their new leader next to his mother. He changed his name to (?) which translates to Son of the Bat to show his mother and the League he would not be their assassin and would always be Bruce Wayne’s son. While away Nightwing returned to being Nightwing and was nearly shot to death while helping Batman, Barbara became the new Commissioner, and Bruce retired from being Batman. Then Terry stole the suit and became the new Batman. Damien “the Son of the Bat” left the League of Shadows for a while to attend to League business either on the other side of the world or off planet, sent there by his mother, and while he was gone it was revealed that Talia was actually Ras, that he had taken over her body before Damien returned. He returned home to find this out and to find his home destroyed. Then Damien returned to Gotham by way of attacking Terry and Bruce and Grayson and Barbara and Tim Drake (we finally get to see the old robin in action as an old man) and Max and everyone close to them. As it turned out, without his knowledge, Ras/Talia had started subliminally brainwashing Damien with a failsafe program in case Ras/Talia died. They were able to stop him and after some months back it was decided that Damien would take over for Terry as the new Batman. It was meant to be a permanent thing, allowing Terry to return to normal life. But after Terry was finished with College, and he still aided the Bat family while in school, he returned as Batman. Damien took over for Bruce, who was getting older as well, as Terry’s tech support and would occasionally return to the field as Batman to help Terry. Grayson also finally returned and began helping Damien and Terry in the field and as tech support. I think it would be funny to see an older Nightwing teaming up with a 30 something Batman and an older Batman. Max also became the new Batgirl Beyond. Tim Drake and Stephanie Brown got married and had children. Their daughter found out about her mother’s Spoiler past and her father’s Robin past and became the new Red X, a criminal identity Grayson used in the past. Dick Grayson and Starfire were never officially married but they had a child together, Nightstar. Starfire however went back to space to lead the last remaining Tamarainians she had thought were dead. And as if all that wasn’t enough there was still Jason Todd, now older, and still known as the Red Hood who had became a major crime boss a while back in an effort to take control of the crime world and gear it to his will. Damien fell in love with Grayson’s daughter, imagine if they had a child together. Bruce had became like Alfred on the team, an old man who had a dangerous past. This made Bruce smile. So there is Bruce Wayne, Terry McGinnis (Batman), Max (Batgirl), Commissioner Barbara Gordon, Dick Grayson (Nightwing), Damien Wayne (Batman), Grayson’s daughter, Jasmine Brown (Red X), and Jason Todd (Red Hood).
    In later years in the Batman Beyond comics Terry’s brother goes through odd changes. As it turns out like Damien, KADMUS had used his mother and father and Buce’s DNA to clone Bruce. He also had some sort of latent Batman training. To help his brother focus and put things into perspective he became the new Robin Beyond, a low tech position that Terry had created to help him train outside the suit. But when needed in the field his brother would suit up as the new Robin Beyond. What about Lucious Fox’s son, the MMA fighter who became Batwing? And what about Karen Starr/Power Girl’s best friend from Earth 2 Huntress? Huntress could have a child with Catman.

Poison Ivy: While the original Poison Ivy died years ago the new Ivy is a young scientist who was experimented on (secretly) by her CEO boss with Nano Tech, similar to the tech Terry’s father tried to expose in the first episodes of Batman Beyond. This new version infused the young woman with nano tech and gave her the ability to produce more nanos at will and through those nano robots control other technology. And in the Batman Beyond future there was almost nothing but technology. She uses the nano tech to alter her appearance, her civilian disguise looks totally different from her villain look.

Two-Face Beyond: Grant, the son of Rose Wilson. It had been a long time since she gave up the hero life after she became pregnant and had a son. She left that all behind her, including her father. But then her son did some research and found out that his grandfather was the infamous Slade Wilson, Deathstroke. He found Slade, still alive and still spry because of the healing powers. He continuously visited his grandfather in secret until one day one of his grandfather’s enemies attacked them both. Grant’s entire left side was burned, had lost a lot of blood, and he was dying. After Slade killed the assassin he quickly gave Grant a blood transfusion. Grant healed, but his Grandfather did not. He had been injured and died saving Grant’s life. Grant took up his grandfather’s mantel but called himself Two-Face, after a criminal her learned about in school, since half of his body was covered in scar tissue. (Not sure if he healed and its more of a symbolic thing or if he still has scars.) His mother was very angry with him, and maybe he left home. Having been trained by his mother in combat all his life he was more than capable, and now that he had his grandfather’s healing factor, he was ready. He designed a suit like is Granfather’s and became the latest assassin in his family line, Two-Face the Terminator. This action brings his mother out of retirement and it is revealed later that his grandfather faked his death to try and keep his grandson and daughter out of his life, to keep them safe from more attacks. Grant has was always, even before meeting his Grandfather, mentally unstable. He has severe mental illnesses like schizophrenia. So as Two-Face the Terminator he is very unstable and no one is ever really sure where he stands. One of the reasons he took the name Two-Face, he always felt a connection to the late Harvey Dent since he learned about him in school.

Superman Beyond: After years of being happily married Lois Lane died. Clark was left alone. Without a reason for being Clark, he felt, he never went back to that life and stayed Superman. Then, while tending to the alien animals in his Fortress he was taken control of by Starro. He was under Starro’s control for what may have been 18 years. But he was freed by Terry and Bruce. After which he returned to Metropolis which had, in his absense, turned into a dark city in need of a Superman. He ditched the new costume created by the Starro Superman and returned to his classic Blue and Red.

Booster Gold has a son with Fire, becomes the hero Gold Fire. Ted Kord marries Power Girl and they have a son who becomes the superhero Power Beetle. (Having Super Strength and invulnerability but not much else from his mother’s powers he is a sort of strong man action scientist type hero. Their sons turn out to be gay and fall in love, so Ted and Karen’s son, Kal Kord, is dating Booster Gold/Michael John Carter and Fire/Beatrice De Costa’s son, Daniel De Costa. Their enemies are varied but one of them is the new Black Beetle. As well as “The League of Evil Grandpas,” Booster’s father and Gold Fire’s grandfather used time travel to bring variations of himself to this time period as a team. Gold Fire also uses Skeets, his father’s old robot who at this point isn’t so advanced but is still a great sidekick. The two sons work together as a dynamic duo plus the robot. A few years back Ted was able to convert an old robot, L-Ron, to be a variant option for Skeets’ AI. Bea went back to work for ARGUS as a high ranking official.

Wonder Man 2099: Superman and Wonder Woman have a son, he is half Kryptonian and half Amazonian, possessing the Kryptonian powers granted by the sun and strengthened by Diana’s Demigod DNA. He is also trained from an early age by Uncle Batman. Since a great chaos war Diana has returned to her place as the God of War on Olympus, while Superman had been taken over by Starro. Their son, Jonathon Aries Kent, vanished in a battle that his entire family participated in, including Aunt Power Girl, Uncle Superboy and Aunt Supergirl. Their enemy, to be named later, trapped John in the Phantom Zone and destroyed any way to retrieve him. Wonder Woman was shocked when Clark seemingly quite trying and that was all she needed to return to Olympus. Since he was freed by Terry Diana has made visits home, but still keeps a post on Olympus. Which now hosts not just the Greek Panthion but the Phantom Stranger, SHAZAM, Deadman and others. Also thanks to the efforts of many superheroes like Booster Gold, Rip Hunter, Ray Palmer, Alexandra Luthor the cloned granddaughter of Lex Luthor, Amanda Waller, Adam Strange, and various other scientific minds, John was freed along with his new dog Krypto. John’s super suit is a mix of Kryptonian armor and Amazonian armor. Supergirl and Superboy Beyond: Supergirl was a native of Krypton, when she arrived on Earth she only spoke Kryptonian and didn’t understand Earth’s customs at all. Superboy was a clone of Clark by KADMUS, he was unaware of Krypton at all but when Clark, Karen, Supergirl, Superboy, and John, found out there were some Kryptonians left alive because of the Phantom Zone being opened Supergirl and Superboy took them to an abandoned section of the universe to recolonize and return the Kryptonian cilivization.

Bizarro Beyond: Instead of being a clone this is an alternate reality version of John, the son of Wonder Woman and Superman and trained by Batman, who couldn’t live up to the pressures of being that son of the world’s greatest heroes. With such astounding power and such astounding pressure he felt he snapped. He was also guided by the Lex Luthor AI towards the dark side (maybe). In his timeline he tried to take over the world and had to be put into the Phantom Zone by his parents, after nearly killing them. This could be where the good John/Wonder Man met him and fought him. And when the good John was freed inadvertently so was the Bizarro John. He looks like John, except maybe a scar on his face from the battle with his Earth’s heroes. He cut his hair differently, and has a new costume which he thought was more fitting for his role as king of his Earth. Now he will become king of good John’s Earth. This version could even be from Earth 3’s future.

Alexandra Luthor Beyond: Lex Luthor made several clones of himself, staying alive similar to Ras al Ghul, by transferring his mind into a new clone when needed. He had stayed young and alive for who knows how long. But his final clone, Alexandra, was different somehow, perhaps Mercy Graves, Luthor’s body guard, saw this as a final act of revenge for all he had done to her over the years. Alexandra was female first of all and another difference was that she had a fully formed mind and consciousness. When Luthor decided to use her anyway and transfer his mind she rebelled and destroyed Lex Luthor, possibly forever. She then inherited his company, and while she wants to be better than Luthor either her cloned brain of Luthor or the world around her is making it hard to be different.

Lex Luthor Beyond: She thought he was dead, little did she realize that after years of partnering, battling, and working on, Brainiac robot AIs Luthor had figured out how to copy his mind. This was the process he used to implant his brain into clones. Without a clone the fail safe kicked in and his mind was copied, like Braianic would do, to any and all computer systems he could access. Now Lex Luthor is a virus in the computer systems of Metropolis and the world. In a mirror of a previous Superman story the Lex AI kidnaps Alexandra and forces her to build him a robotic body. Lex now had a robot body he controlled and lived in, missing the human form. In effect Lex had become Brianiac Beyond.

Action Danni: With advances in technology toy makers are able to program toys to do more and more. Respond to specific words with different sayings, carry out specific functions. In this Beyond time a toy company created a toy with an AI, but the toy prototype rebelled and escaped. She reappeared with a larger robotic body and attacked Metropolis. (She is like an Ultron/Vision type, only started as a toy.)

John/Wonderman had to face her. But rather than destroy her he ended up appealing to her programming. At least for that day she quit her attack on humanity, but not forever.

Cheeter: The son of the late Cheetah has void vengeance for the death of his mother. She died attacking Wonder Woman/God of War but he still sees it as John’s mother’s fault. So to get revenge he will kill Wonder Woman’s son. He is a splicer, someone in the future who splices his DNA with animal DNA. This gave him increased strength, speed, agility, and stamina, etc.

Eradicator 2099: Eradicator, the living embodiment of Krypton programmed into an AI (?) transferred his mind into the living, evolving, weaponised creature Doomsday, thanks to the body he is constantly evolving to stay alive.

Wonder Woman Beyond: At some point Diana either restarted the Amazons or brought them back to life, but with her now being the God of War a new champion was chosen. She is an Amazon like Diana, maybe even daughter of Hyppolita as well. Like Spider-Woman in the Marvel universe she is not related or connected to Wonder Man or the same name.

Cyborg Beyond: Victor Stone’s body, thanks to advances in technology, looks almost human. He is still mostly robot and when he needs to he can become more battle ready. He became more of a representative of the robot, AI, and Cybernetic, population. His adopted daughter was another young person who lost most of their body and had it replaced with mostly robot parts. He saved her life and found out she was alone, lost her family in the same disaster that nearly killed her. While helping her they became close and so he adopted her. She is now becoming the new Cyborg in the Beyond times. (Maybe there was even a movement among the Cybernetic Populace to move on to an island, Robot Island. And that is were a good amount of AIs and Robots settled. This would include the Metal Men and AMAZO.)

Starman Beyond: (take the old James Robinson story and transplant it into the Beyond comics maybe?) The son of Star Girl, of the JLA and scientist Ted Knight. Ted helped Star Girl (eventually Star Woman) with modifications to her armor and her weapon over the years. However he developed an illness and died. Star Woman retired from the hero life to be with her sons. The older son became the new Star Spangled Kid on the Teen Titans. She had hoped Jack could take over as Star Man one day, continue her legacy. But Jack didn’t want to be a superhero. The day came when the Star Spangled Kid wanted to become the new Star Man but on his first night as Star Man he was killed and his mother was attacked. It was now up to Jack to solve the murder and become the new Star Man.

Lord Orion: Orion eventually defeated his father Darkseid and took the throne of Apocalypse. His first task was to find and stop the left over minions of Apocalypse which meant having to cross into Earth 2 and other dimensions, and while doing so he found Scott Free and Barda. With their help, and the help of other New Gods Orion began to reshape Apocalypse into a better world. but he found the men and woman living there had become institutionalized by Darkseid without hi they didn’t know what to do, and those that did were cruel. His efforts to reverse the Parademon programming was having trouble as well. They were able to bring back the dead with cybernetics the same as the Parademons but the dark programming was still interfering with their minds. For him, one originally born on Apocalypse, he fears that perhaps this place will turn him into his father Darkseid. His son/daughter however… If Orion was a story about father versus son, then when the son becomes the father does it the remain father versus son? Orion couldn’t save his father or turn him good. He had to kill him. He and Becca had two children. A son and a daughter. Fraternal Twins. One had the power of pure light and absorption of optimism energy, the other inherited Darkseid’s darkness and absorption of negative energy. (But I’m not sure if either should be good or bad. If one is bad it should not be the one you would expect.) Scott Free became the new High Father with his wife /Barda becoming the High Mother. Their reign ushered in change to New Genesis. Their daughter would become the first female ruler.

Billy Batson Beyond: Billy eventually aged, he is now an older man, but when he transforms into Marvel he is as young as he Marvel always is.

Ragman Beyond: Ragman is a Batman like vigilante who is wrapped up like a mummy in sacred and magical scrolls that grant him power. The scrolls are the names of the past Ragmen, dating back further than the previously known Ragman. Wearing these scrolls gives him access to their strength and speed and agility, etc. The scrolls can also create illusions of other clothing.

El Diablo Beyond: Rafael Sandoval, a young Hispanic man, who is descended from a long line of law enforcement, all the way back to his great grandfathers. He became a vigilante like Batman, only took it further with the theatrics. He created a demonic persona, the devil who hunts for the souls of the wicked. His costume looks more like a demon than Batman’s. He is the first member of his family to do this, but he hacked into records to fake documented evidence that he has existed much longer. With rumors of a demon attacking criminals, and taking their souls or killing them, Bruce’s mind immediately went to Jason Blood and Etrigan. So he sent Terry and another like Grayson or Damien or Batgirl Beyond to investigate and possibly take down Jason. But as it turns out it was no confrontation and Jason had in fact been looking into it as well, but had found no demonic presence in Gotham as of late. Later, Terry stumbles onto this, noticing hacking trails, etc. Thinking this was the start of a new villain Terry as Batman confronted and fought El Diablo only to find out he Diablo was a good guy, and the murders in his past or his grandfather’s past, were all fictional. In the future hacking and faking records and murder evidence is much easier for gifted minds like Bruce or El Diablo. his costume like Terry’s too only more theatrically demonic.

Firestorm Beyond: In the future Kansas has a Nuclear explosion whipping out all of Smallville, in an attack by a Superman villain. (In Kingdom Come it is Parasite vs. Magog, Judo Master, Peacemaker, and Captain Atom. Perhaps I can tie it into that.) The attack however didn’t kill the people in the town, instead the all fused together to create the entity known as Firestorm. Firestorm was now more than just two people but a town well over 500 people, men and women and children, all thinking in unison. Although at first that was not the case. Firestorm needed Superman’s help. Somehow one of the minds inside him knew Superman was Clark and lived in Smallville a long time ago. Superman helped Firestorm calm his voices and focus them the same way he learned to focus his super hearing and super sight when he was younger. Together Firestorm and Superman found the one responsible for the explosion. It turned out the person died along with the rest of the town and was now inside. Suddenly hundreds of angry victims wanting revenge on one person with the power to do it was turning on itself. The minds were almost like at war inside firestorm again. This almost led to Firestorm exploding into a nuclear blast again his time whipping out another city. In the end Firestorm didn’t kill anyone. Using their power they were able to separate the mind and force it out into a new body. Something that they couldn’t seem to do for the many other minds inside Firestorm.

Martian Manhunter Beyond: J’onn J’onnz, the Martian Manhunter, was the only hero who actively sought out cloning. KADMUS accommodated him, in what some could call a moment of weakness Jonn let them clone his DNA and produce more and variations of himself. There were now many Martians in existence, young, old, male, female. Now, with a people needing his leadership and despite ARGUS trying to stop them, he left with them to Mars. However there were still clones that ARGUS and KADMUS didn’t tell him about. Their Martian Soldiers. Jonn found out but couldn’t leave his people, and he was too old. One of his people, a Martian named M’arcc was chosen to go back to Earth on a mission of destroying the DNA and the lab and all possibility of re-cloning Jonn or any other Martians. Turns out the Martians that were cloned were also programmed to be soldiers for ARGUS, M’arcc had to fight them. While the lab was destroyed and the DNA and all the data, supposedly, two of the three Martians soldiers still alive out there. And, like J’onn before him, he was trapped on Earth with no way to get back for the time being. M’arcc looks like J’onn but dresses like a modern day Manhunter assassin from the old DC comic.

Specter Beyond: Raven is killed possibly in battle, her spirit became the new Spirit of Justice.

Infinity Beyond: The children of past heroes form their own super group separate from the Titans or the Justice League. The team could include Power Beetle and Golden Fire, Red X (Stephanie Brown), Fire Storm maybe, El Diablo, the new Wonder Woman, etc.

Titans Beyond: The Justice League became a team where the older heroes acted as a council, like Diana, Superman, Flash, Marvel, etc. While the field team was mostly younger heroes, like the new Green Lantern, Aquagirl, Warhawk, Barda, etc. The Teen Titans became the Titans, a group where the older heroes who weren’t already on the League went, like Nightwing, Specter, Nightstar (Grayson’s daughter), etc. So they sort of became the Justice League while the League became sort of like the JSA. Infinity became sort of the new Teen Titans.

Green Arrow Beyond: Oliver never gave up being a hero, he couldn’t. Nothing else seemed worth it. Even in his old age he was saving the world, even after Superman zapped off his arm he didn’t quite. Like Bruce he used a tech suit, either barrowed or created by Bruce, but even with that his age was catching up to him and he was slowing down. Even once Bruce retired he didn’t stop, that pushed him forward even more. If Bruce is out then who will protect the helpless? On a sad warm night Oliver Queen, the Green Arrow, was killed. After his death a small “Battle for the Bow” it was more of a “Search for the Next Green Arrow” occurred with Conner Hawk, Roy Harper, Roy and Cheshire’s daughter, Merlyn, the new Dark Archer, Dinah Lance, and others. Eventually the mantel and bow fell to Roy who became the new Green Arrow. The new Green Arrow became more than just a bow and arrows though, he became an expert at all weapons. The group actually decided that while Roy would be the main Green Arrow, the rest would also be Green Arrows. Like a team. Dinah was their at HQ tech support most of the time, and their liaison with ARGUS. The ones not part of the team of coarse were Merlyn and the new Dark Archer. Secretly, known only by Director Etta Candy, some scientists, and a few others, Oliver was brought back to life using the old AMAZO robot. His mind was copied by the AMAZO tech transferring it and basically bringing him back to life. The World Army tried to get him to become an agent, and ARGUS tried to get him to go on missions but like the political activist that he was he refused. He broke free and found he wasn’t the only AI/Robot/Cyborg out there needing help. He found Robot Island and became their new leader and protector. (AMAZO using bows and arrows.)

Silver Scarab Beyond: Since Hawkgirl had a child with Jon Stewart of the GLs, then she wouldn’t have a child with Hawkman. Instead Hawkman had a child with… Wait, wasn’t there something about Hawkwoman in the New 52 Hawkman?

Maybe Silver Scarab is the older son of Hawkman and Hawkgirl before she ended up with John… maybe. And he used his father’s Nth Metal to recreate the tiny circuitry to create super advanced alien tech armor. Maybe instead of being a outright hero he is more of a loose cannon, an unknown variable. Will he help or hurt? He could be like Hank Pym, volatile and mentally unstable.

Steel Beyond: John’s niece grew up working side by side with her Uncle John inventing and helping him with his Steel armor. When she asked about him making her armor he insisted she do it for herself, the hard work would pay off. So she did, and kept modifying it as John modified his Steel armor. Eventually he retired from being a superhero and went to work behind the scenes at ARGUS and other Global Defense programs. While his niece took over as Steel.

(Side Note: Not that they are sold at every store or something, but the technology for the tiny circuitry within the Batman Beyond tech suit’s fabric is known to the public. While the exact blueprints of the Batman Beyond suit aren’t known, the tech for the tiny circuitry is out there and the idea to put it inside fabric for various purposes has been done as well. However to put it inside fabric and make tech suits like Batman’s is an advanced concept that few can replicate unless they possess the insight and intelligence such as Bruce Wayne, Mister Terrific, Ted Kord, etc. Your average man on the street can’t just buy the tiny circuitry and put it in fabric and become a superhero or villain.)

The World Army, created secretly by ARGUS and members of other nations after the Apocalypse Invasion and the second attempt at an invasion and the various other situations over the years, the W.A. is sometimes seen by others including Amanda Waller and heroes like Batman and Flash and Green Lantern as a terrible idea and some like Green Arrow would go as far as to call it a Terrorist group. Without threats like Mongul or Darkseid the W.A. began policing the world, nearly started a war. They were officially disbanded, but unofficially continued.

Because at the time Superman was under the control of Starro he not only supported the World Army but became an agent, going on political assignments and missions. Clark/Superman didn’t seem like himself anymore. He became more of a loner. On one mission he was confronted by the new Outsiders led by Green Arrow. Superman used his head vision to cut off his arm. But, as mentioned before, he was eventually freed by Terry and Bruce.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.