Follow

Terminator

Character » Terminator appears in 196 issues.

The Terminator is a cybernetic military infiltration unit. Expert in all types of weapons has a large amount of strength. It can speak naturally and copy human voices, as well as other abilities. The Terminator comes in many forms; however, the T-800 seems to be the most iconic design.

McG Still Wants To Do Terminator 5 & 6

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    If you've heard or seen McG talk before then the fact that he says he's making another Terminator movie shouldn't surprise you.  It was just reported the other day that the fate of the franchise will be determined on February 1, 2010.  Despite it being in a current state of limbo, over the weekend, McG (through the BD-Live commentary on Terminator Salvation) said he is making another one.  

If that weren't enough, he said he's still making one after that as well.  McG also wants to get Sarah Connor in the next film, even though he's not sure how he would pull that off.  You can read Jason Chen's (from Gizmodo) transcripts on how it all went down.

Do you think McG knows what he's talking about?  It sounds as if he's set but who knows who will end up with the rights.  Whoever ends up with them might not want McG near the franchise.  Should he be involved with the next two Terminator movies?  Should Sarah Connor be brought back?
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Decept-O

Regarding Sarah Connor, if her character is brought into the film(s), it only stands to reason they'd have to use another actress simply due to the age factor PLUS I don't think the original actress, Linda Hamilton would come anywhere near the Terminator franchise due to her history with James Cameron.  I'm just stating the obvious.   

I've yet to see Terminator:Salvation (blast it) but I don't mind if more Terminator movies get made.  

Oh, snap!!  I just now saw the pic of the two Terminator robots in their interesting.....position.  Too funny.
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

what exactly are those big metal cylinders in front of their legs??
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Decept-O: Linda Hamilton did do a voiceover for Salvation.
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I can't help but feel like I'm part of the minority here, but I enjoyed Salvation.  It didn't have nearly the same epic impact and development as Terminator 2, but it was an extremely entertaining installment that thankfully didn't manage to screw up the already convoluted plot.  Perhaps I was blinded by how stunning the cinematography and explosions were.  Sure, there were plenty of complaints to be had, but I won't address them here because they're rather large spoilers.  The one thing I really question is McG can further the plot of the franchise without screwing it up.  I'm not quite sure how he would bring back Connor, unless perhaps in a flashback...Because IIRC, she passed away from breast cancer, yes? (OMFG SPOILER! lol)  "But k4tzm4n, you just said you enjoyed Salvation and didn't mind the lack of plot". Well, that was just for one installment, silly.  If he wants to work on the next TWO, we need some big developments and I certainly won't accept two more popcorn entertainment features....And to be honest, I question if McG can properly pull that off.  However, he does seem rather passionate about the franchise so I'll give him credit for that. 

Sorry for the on-going babbling, I'm on a caffeine high at the moment. 

drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By drawme

He should feel free to do another one. I liked Salvation too.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By goldenkey

I wasn't crazy with how he did the last one.  It had a good concept it was just lacking something. 
    loveNwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By loveNwar

The impact of a movie is defined by what it brings as new. Matrix brought cool fighting styles and ideas, T2 openned a new era for fx and was just badass, Jurassic park presented the first truly believeble giant creatures on screen... but what exactly did Salvation bring to make itself stand out in the present sea of cgi contaminated movies out there? Very little. I enjoyed it as a movie, but thought it was incomplete as a terminator-movie. The family name it carried raised the bar too high. Just my 2 cents...

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Decept-O

@G-Man:  Didn't know that, my assumption was obviously wrong.  She's still too old for any appearances.
    GreenGriffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By GreenGriffin

Let him do another, i loved Salvation
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123

SOMEONE STOP HIM!!!!! 

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By SevanGrim
    @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:

" what exactly are those big metal cylinders in front of their legs?? "

those are guns.

i feel like Terminator was good when there was a basic timeline and they where sticking with it.But the Sara Connor Chronicles (from what i undertsand) effectively undid or altered the events of T1 and T2. And Salvation kinda re-wrote what John connors future was supposed to be like.
      I guess it all fits still, i just dont like it when things build upon one brilliant thing, and then cut it for another idea that only does good becuase of the past. Its kinda the reason i dislike "One More Day" so much. Its like building an empire selling Cookies and cream icecream, then switching over to  Rocky Road. Sure RR is good, but what about your loyalty to C&C, the icecream that made you, and the customers who love it? i know its still icecream but still...
     idk. i like Analogies.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By jefprice

I enjoyed TS, I've enjoyed them all. As soon as T2 came out, everything changed and the rules for timelines went out the window, so as long as they keep things fun and interesting...I;ll be watching

ElJuano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By ElJuano

Salvation wasn't great by any means but I can see where McG was shooting for, He missed the mark but I give him an A for effort though. Could he do a another film on this Terminator franchise sure and if he does I hope he's learned from his mistakes on Salvation. Having said that I hope he can pull out of this Terminator franchise killer pit the media has put him under. He's not a great director but he has potential, Let him get rolling I'm sure he will deliver at some point in the near future. 

Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Grim said:
    " @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:

" what exactly are those big metal cylinders in front of their legs?? "

those are guns.  i feel like Terminator was good when there was a basic timeline and they where sticking with it.But the Sara Connor Chronicles (from what i undertsand) effectively undid or altered the events of T1 and T2. And Salvation kinda re-wrote what John connors future was supposed to be like.   I guess it all fits still, i just dont like it when things build upon one brilliant thing, and then cut it for another idea that only does good becuase of the past. Its kinda the reason i dislike "One More Day" so much. Its like building an empire selling Cookies and cream icecream, then switching over to  Rocky Road. Sure RR is good, but what about your loyalty to C&C, the icecream that made you, and the customers who love it? i know its still icecream but still...  idk. i like Analogies. "

that's what I thought but I wanted to make sure
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldenkey said:
    "I wasn't crazy with how he did the last one.  It had a good concept it was just lacking something.  "

and that was probably Acting, Christian Bale has real trouble displaying emotion, He could be a Vulcan.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By goldenkey

No....I don't think it was the acting.  Worthington was was real good, Christian Bale I think is good actor and he did fine.  Moon Bloodgood was good enough too and nice to look at.  I like the kid from Alpha Dog but don't see him as Kyle Reese.  I didn't like when Worthington was riding the Terminator plane, that just seemed stupid, but it's not what killed a whole film for me.  I don't know.  Maybe I should watch it again and make an opinion then.  It's not that it was bad, it just wasn't that good. 
    umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#17  Edited By umbrafeline

ive seen all 4 terminator films and in t4: salvation john conner said that after californias cyberdine/skynets destruction that the worlds franchises were next. so i thought this was a spoiler for t5. ive seen it in the theatre and i own it on bootleg and my copy has spanish subtitles lol
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bruce Vain

I was actually impressed with what McG did . I mean let's face it you're competing with James Cameron here. So like I said for what he did I was very impressed with how he handled it. Also , showing some of the nods to the first films. For example, with Conner playing Gun's n' Roses song (my personal favorite) "You Could Be Mine " . Like  I was expecting that so that gave me a big smile while I was watching that. I loved how they showed how Conner got his scar as well. And Worthington he nailed it man. I mean to go against Arnold and Robert Patrick it's tough so I did like him alot. Therefore, I am hoping McG does do another one. I do like the idea of bringing in Robert Patrick as some sort of scientist for SkyNet who was the model for the T-1000. My only concern is that he doesn't go to crazy like he did with the 2nd Charlie's Angels movie. 

Ha Ha The model for the T-800 - Chief Master Sgt. William Candy  

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Media_Master

I'd be intrigued to see James Cameron to come back, but he's busy with Avator so...

crazywolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By crazywolf

McG seems enthusiastic about sticking with Terminator. Maybe he'll do fine provided he isn't replaced by another director. Whoever gets the rights, it'll be their decision anyway.

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By grimreaper1980

why not

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By King_Saturn
    I hope this happens... it would be awesome to see how the T-1000 is created in T5 possibly...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.