Follow

Tempus

Character » Tempus appears in 590 issues.

Eva Bell is a new mutant that appeared in Gold Coast, Australia. She has the power to stop time, and was rescued by Cyclops, Emma Frost, and Magneto after her mutation emerged unexpectedly.

Changing Face

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By akbogert

So, after reading the first two issues of UXM I added Eva to a list of characters I was interested in seeing more of, and one thing I appreciated was the blue bar tattoo things on her face. I don't know why, just liked the distinctness of them. But when I looked through the few images already on her wiki page, I noticed something weird: the bars weren't there. Wondering if I'd imagined things, I went back to Issue 2 and checked. They're there. Sometimes.

Exhibit A: Eva with blue on her face.

No Caption Provided

But of course, those bars aren't there on the covers she's appeared on. They're also not on all the pages. I figured maybe it was some aspect of her power manifestation, so it would come on or off depending on the situation. But then I noticed this:

No Caption Provided

Note: This is on the same page. THE SAME PAGE. In one panel: blue bars. In another panel: nada. So I'm pretty confused. Is this just Bachalo being super-careless? Or is there an explanation? I just don't like seeming crazy for saying "yeah, she has these blue tattoo things on her face" and then have people look at images of her which clearly lack them.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Aiden Cross

I think it's being careless of the artist.. i don't see any reason why it would suddenly appear and re-appear when she isn't even using her powers. Nice catch though!

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By akbogert

It strikes me as a little absurd to be that inconsistent (and it pervades the book).

It also kind of makes me think Marvel's editors should be fired, because they're obviously not, you know, editing.

AltyAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AltyAce

I didn't notice this when reading, thought there might be a pattern so I had a look.

She has them on her face 7 times in the 2nd issue and is clear in 11 panels in which she appears. How can such a mistake get through editorial? I could let them off maybe 1 or 2 but 11 times?

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By dangallant984

@akbogert: I guess I just assumed it was some kind of war-paint like make-up, that just wasn't noticeable from every angle. Bachalo tends to be a bit sloppy and styley about such details anyway, so I hadn't really noticed.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By akbogert

@dangallant984: Well, that's what confused me so much. I can understand a little sloppiness, but as so graciously took the time to point out, it's rather ridiculous the extent to which it happens. So maybe Rachel there's an actual reason for it? But that's not clear with Eva (as far as I can tell Immonen has never shown her with the blue at all). And like I said I know there was at least one other character I saw it with; maybe sometime when I'm bored I'll find that as well. *shrug*

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.