Follow

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Team » Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appears in 1195 issues.

After four baby turtles were mutated by toxic goo called mutagen they were trained in the art of ninjutsu by fellow mutant Master Splinter. The Turtles different fighting styles and personalities build off one another making them a formidable team of ninja warrior superheroes.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Episode 1.16 'The Pulverizer' Review

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Spoilers!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles continues to prove why it's my favorite animated show currently on the air. 'The Pulverizer' is yet another episode that manages to balance humor, action and plot almost perfectly.

This episode has the Turtles dealing with their very first fanboy -- The Pulverizer -- and puts a primary focus on Donatello. He creates a new vehicle which Mikey dubs the "Shellraiser." The genius Turtle modified Leatherhead's old subway cart and has it running on the Kraang's power cell. While the Turtles enjoy this new vehicle, Donny attempts to train their number one fan. Unfortunately for him, this guy is all talk and training him proves to be quite a hassle. Meanwhile, we finally get to see Fishface in action and the Kraang continue to search for their power cell.

Seeing Fishface in combat was totally worth the wait. Xever's agility made him a blast to watch in prior episodes, and his new robotic legs have made him even more agile. Observing him flip around and use the powerful mechanical legs to smack around the Turtles was too fun. I still don't get why they attack him only one at a time (especially after realizing they need teamwork vs. Shredder), but whatever, it's something I can easily overlook. I just hope this isn't a case where a villain has an awesome debut and then acts like a total chump for the rest of the show.

Pulverizer's introduction is hilarious. It's pretty much the one time you'll feel sympathy for the dude before his arrogance explodes through the roof. He's still hysterical to watch, though, especially when Donatello gives him such stern and unamused looks. "When do I get my black belt?!"

No TMNT episode would be complete without some solid Mikey lines and 'The Pulverizer' definitely has some! From the phone conversation with Donny to his love for discarded gum, the orange masked Turtle continues to warm my heart and make me smile.

"Karate chop!"

The Kraang getting their power cell back is nothing but good news. This opens the door to whatever their master plan is and that's something I'm really excited to see unfold. I'm especially curious to see how Shredder and his army will fit into the mix as well.

I loved the episode, but I do have some complaints. The scenes of them joy riding in the Shellraiser and Donny training their fan dragged on a bit too long. Both were certainly amusing but definitely could have been trimmed a bit.

Honestly, the trio of Purple Dragons shouldn't even make the Turtles break a sweat, even if they have a bumbling fool thrown into the mix. They've embarrassed these dudes before and even with the Pulverizer fumbling around I can't imagine them having much difficulty. It's a minor complaint, though. Additionally, I'm happy the world finally has a population on the streets of New York, but I saw the same old lady four or five times -- each at completely different locations!

It was a little disappointing this episode didn't involve Karai, but the sharp comedy, energetic fight scenes and plot development with the Kraang made 'The Pulverizer' another superb episode. Turtle fans, there's no reason to not give this show an honest chance.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By reignmaker

Love this show.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

I feel like I need to watch this show. Can someone point me to where I can?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Xwraith: TV

"Donni why do I have fingers on my feet?"

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

"Who do we know who'd like to get their hands on stolen Kraang technology?"

Everyone together- "Baxter Stockman"

Mikey-" Donatello...I mean Baxter Stockman!!''

Made me lose it, best line in the show.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By NightFang3

I really like the fight scene with Fishface.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Pokergeist

@The Stegman said:

That part made me laugh too.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@CadenceV2 said:

@The Stegman said:

yea I lol'd to

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Wonderful episode I must admit!

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Wyldsong

@CadenceV2 said:

@The Stegman said:

I loved this line. Also Mikey's line on the shellphone with Donny when he discovered Raph ate his pizza=)

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lurkero

Shellraiser is a great name. I wonder how many toys Nick has sold.

Avatar image for deactivated-63417c6af01d0
    deactivated-63417c6af01d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode reminded me that this show is about selling toys as well. The whole shell raiser sequences was like an extended commercial.

MrCobain215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrCobain215

@Xwraith: Videobull.com

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Lvenger

I have to say I empathise with the Pulveriser a lot. I'd probably be like him if I ever tried being a hero lol. Also it was awesome to see the Turtle's main mode of transportation and Mikey's awesome one liners.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By SuperJedi17

Show's great,good thing it also airs on fridays at night....like a couple other shows from a different network should(cartoon network).Yeah i really am digging this show.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#15  Edited By amazing_webhead

Remember that scene where Mikey was talking to Donnie on the T-Phone, then Baxer and a Purple Dragon were behind him, and Mikey gave them this badass glare, and when we next see them they're beaten up? That was awesome.

The Shellraiser was also cool. It's only a matter of time before we see the blimp. (There was a drawing of it in the LEGO set)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Xwraith said:

I feel like I need to watch this show. Can someone point me to where I can?

They always have a handful of full episodes on the official site for the show.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheHeat
    @Wyldsong said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@The Stegman said:

I loved this line. Also Mikey's line on the shellphone with Donny when he discovered Raph ate his pizza=)

Both those parts were hilarious! 
    weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By weaponxx

I really like the humor in the show, but I don't like the gap in Donatello's teeth, the childishness of the krang, and in this episode I really didn't like Pulverizer... he was too annoying.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Jenkale

mikey always gives comic gold. robocarp! robocarp!!! they had to pick me up off the floor it was too much. and when the guy explianed how he knows about the turtles "guys i think we have our first stalker" lol not as good as the last two episodes but still solid and hilarious. dont remember any other episode being this funny

Darth Paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Darth Paul

It was a great episode, but I just hope that this "Pulverizer" guy doesn't turn out to be the new version of Casey Jones b/c that would really ruin what a great character that Casey is. I know that past series have had other vigilantes other than Casey and even guys who have put on turtle costumes to mimic the turtles, most notably Zach from the original series, but I'm just not seeing this show going in the direction of introducing other vigilantes like Casey right now. I mean what are they going to have the turtles do, come in contact with Casey and say, "First that Pulverizer guy and now this nut?" It could work, and would be the best solution, but seeing as they merged Falco with Rat King, I could see them merging this doofus with Casey and that would be a poor decision IMO.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mezmero

I thought this episode was great. I have to admit as transparent as the toy marketing is for the design of the "Shellraiser" (Shellrazor? great name either way) it made me feel like a kid again wanting to have something that awesome. I would totally ride around in giant subway car with a 4 man crew. This show is doing a great job at invoking the wonderment of my youth.

I agree that the training of that Pulverizer doofus was eating up too much time but they kind of nailed the portrayal of a Ninja Turtle fanboy. I like how Xever is fighting with his new legs though since they're mechanical limbs I have to wonder why they turned him into a a fish in the first place. We can only assume that Shredder using the Kraang tech is to merge the 2 plot lines. The humor in the series is still great and I think my favorite part might have been watching Raph tripping balls on venom. I need Casey Jones like 2 weeks ago. Get it together Nick! Can't wait to see more.

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By weaponxx

I am also looking forward to Casey, but it can wait for now.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Tuned in on Nick and saw this episode and it was pretty funny.

Spoon_sm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Spoon_sm

No one else noticed Metalhead in this episode!?

Avatar image for technicolorville
    Technicolorville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Technicolorville

@Xwraith: Uhm sure. Go to this website called http://www.watchcartoononline.com/cartoon-list . Oh and if you have google chrome you can download FVD Video Downloader to download your favorite episodes if you like. I usually use FVD to download episodes and transfer them to my tablet then watch a few missed cartoons before I go to sleep. The website isn't mobile so that's what I have to do to watch them on my tablet, but hey it works great and it doesn't take too long to download episodes. Enjoy :)

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Raw_Material

Really enjoyed the episode. Donatello's Shellraiser makes its first appearance on the series - having the vehicle also appeared in the intro. Always love hearing Mikey talk, especially when it's those comedic one-liners he throws in here and there. Once again, Mikey names one of Donatello's inventions and calls it Shellraiser. Honestly, The Pulverizer to me was quite annoying and seemed like he was always getting into the Ninja Turtles' way, specifically Donatello's. I'm fine with the turtles we have now and don't think they need a fanboy this early in their adventures of becoming street-level heroes. I was really entertained when the TMNT went up against Fishface, who Mikey also named and thought the battle delivered an intense scene for the episode. Overall, I was pleased with this episode - lots of comedy to enjoy along with some cutting-edge fight scenes to increase the intensive aspect of the series.

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
    G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Do they all have the human faces? That's kind of creepy looking.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Mbecks14

This show is so great! It perfectly encapsulates the mythology of the old shows while still being fresh and exciting

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.