dj_maximus's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #5 review

Avatar image for dj_maximus
    • dj_maximus wrote this review on .
    • dj_maximus has written a total of 131 reviews. The last one was for

TMNT # 5

There’s so much reveal in this issue. A great story this issue, if you miss out on this book your really depriving yourself of something so well written. Readers know that this is a treasure chest issue, an issue that will really sweep you off the ground. Learning about the Foot Clan really had me going. This issue also has us identify better with the Turtles having different colored bandanas. Master Splinter really takes the star role of this issue. You learn who he was, who the Turtles were, and what Splinter promised before he died. I am so there every issue of this series. I rate this book a 5.0 of 5.0 rating.

1=wack, 1.5=falling asleep, 2=below average, 2.5=pick it up a bit, 3= average, 3.5=dope, 4=good, 4.5=excellent, 5=classic

Other reviews for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #5

The reason why this re-boot is so good 0

For all those diehard TMNT fans out there, if there is one good reason to give this re-booted series a go, it's because of issue 5.The original problem that I, as well as many others had with the mirage series was that all 4 turtles has red bandanas. You could barely tell them apart, save for their differentiating dialogue (which wasn't actually exaggerated enough in the mirage series).This issue gives a good reason for colour co-ordinated bandanas. For a comic about ninjas to be taken seriously...

A new plot 0

So the first 4 issues were exciting, though they made considerable changes, and #4 tied in to a great, emotional ending, nice wrap up of the history up to there and,.... now we have this.Great opening, Splinter doing his thing. Awesome. And as if the minor tweaks in the first 4 issues weren't messy enough,... now they bring in some past life stuff ! What? i guess it works actually, with the 3rd movie and it's time travel and samurais and Don saying he wished there was more to their origin than a...