Follow

Teen Titans

Team » Teen Titans appears in 2162 issues.

The Teen Titans are the premier team of young heroes in the DCU. Currently led by Damian Wayne, the team fights for the greater good and to recruit other young heroes like them.

WonderCon 2018: Teen Titans News

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Quick overview from the Meet the Publishers Panel with Didio and Lee:

• Teen Titans as it is now is disbanding and Damian is putting together a new team, so far including Kid Flash (Wally 2) and Red Arrow, with others coming on board later on. Adam Glass is going to be writing the special that sets it off, maybe the ongoing story afterwards and is described as a kind of rebel book.
    • Titans are getting restructured, it is now going to be consisting of Nightwing, Raven, Beastboy, Steel (guessing it's Nat) and Miss Martian. Abnett is still writing and described as a kind of 'on the crusp of breaking into the big-leagues'.
    • Starfire is moving on and joining up with Cyborg on Justice League Odyssey, along with Azarael, Jessica Cruz and I kid you not... Darkseid.
    • Other related news. The JL is also getting restructured, the JLD is coming back, and Scott Snyder says we can expect pretty much everyone will turn up at one point or another depending on the stories.
    totu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@outside_85: I think is depending how someone see the glass, is half empty or half full.

On one hand, I say its good that Raven, Starfire and Beast Boy will finaly move from the actual Teen Titans. Problem is that Raven and BB are still deaged

I for one I thought they all three will be moved on Titans team, with Grayson and at least few of his actual Titans, and will form an independent team out of JL supervision, like in old NTT days.

However this Titans will be a sort of JL training camp or so, with Nightwing as leader and Raven his second in comand, or co-leader? The idea sound interesting but I for one I don't like the whole idea of Titans=JL junior team.

Both Nightwing and Raven (and even BB) deserve more than such spot. I understand that is harder for Grayson to get in JL since Batman is there but they should have allow him to lead an independent team (Titans) rivaling Batman and JL, like New TT were at some point back in the day.

Also hard to see why Raven didn't ended up as well in JL Dark, I suppose they wanted to still have a team resembling as much as possible the future TV series one (at least as many as possible). I hope however they won't waste their characters keeping them away from any significant stuffs in DC, just doing lesser things for JL. Especially as two of most interesting DC villains are more or less directly related to them, Trigon (usually underused, just now seem to have a comeback in Raven series) and Deathstroke.

I am glad for Starfire finnaly moving on as well, even if I am a bit confused with Darkseid in the same team, we'll see how that is playing.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@totu: I get the complaint about the Titans being turned into a kind of JL training camp, I've had those complaints myself in the past.

However, it has to be said I also draw a bit of a line between Teen Titans and Titans in this regard. Teen Titans is the 'free haven' for the teens where the League doesn't put its nose in. The Titans are a different matter, they have always been stuck in the position of being the 'almost League', but usually never recognized as such. If they are recognized now, I consider that to be a good thing.

Like I think it's fine if they also broke off and made their own team and thing... but at the end of the day if you have the opportunity, why not aim to play for the big team? Why be the Outsiders if you can be the Justice League?

Regarding Raven not ending up on JLD. I could imagine age has something to do with it along with relative lack of experience. But that said, I am pretty sure they will come piling through the door if they get something Trigon related.

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Raven still on the bloody TT roster ......

totu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I think it's fine if they also broke off and made their own team and thing... but at the end of the day if you have the opportunity, why not aim to play for the big team? Why be the Outsiders if you can be the Justice League?

Well, the idea was to also make the Titans a big team, rivaling JL. Which seem to be abandoned anyway at this point, so...It worked back in the day, when TT were fighting alone big threats (at least as big as JL ones) as Trigon or were an independent team that was not above fighting (even beating) JL when they thought is right (Raven when JL was interefering with her and TT fighting Trigon, TT of Nightwing when JL wanted to take down Cyborg, Starfire and her TT when WW and JL had come to take Wondergirl home etc)

Regarding Raven not ending up on JLD. I could imagine age has something to do with it along with relative lack of experience. But that said, I am pretty sure they will come piling through the door if they get something Trigon related.

I still think its more about keeping her with the Titans due to the success of the team and more of its iconic characters to the public, including the new live TV series (I understand that are rumors they want to restart the old 2000 cartoons series too).

I think she should easily qualify for JLD, especially if her past history and experience will be bring back (including her n52 unknow period of time when she was the Queen of the Underworld, Trigon dark realms). But yes, she seem a bit too young otherwise, which is another problem about how they had handle her trying to fit her in any possible TT team, including the last one

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.