Follow

Teen Titans

Team » Teen Titans appears in 2162 issues.

The Teen Titans are the premier team of young heroes in the DCU. Currently led by Damian Wayne, the team fights for the greater good and to recruit other young heroes like them.

Post Crisis Titans TPB Reading Order Questions

Vangidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

'm really interested in getting into post-crisis DC. I've gotten into a lot of reboot series like Batman and Man of Steel, a lot of the other year one books as well. I just started Teen Titans Year One and am trying to figure out where to go from there as I work my way towards Geoff John's run.

I want to avoid as much silver age content as possible while feeling like everything is cohesive. I'm forced to work my way through the stuff with Marvel, but DC has the whole convenient COIE event so I can start in modern age. With that said, I'm hoping that Teen Titans Year One will suffice for the original silver age team unless someone can suggest any story arcs that are particularly important?

I'm planning at the moment to go from Year One to Wolfman's New Teen Titans. This seems to be the series that introduces a lot of the post-crisis titans like Starfire, Raven, Cyborg and Beast Boy as well as a lot of their staple villains like Deathstroke. Anyone know the best way to collect these in tpb? Is it Vol 1, 2, 3 then Terra Incognito? Or am I missing anything with that order?

One of my biggest questions. Between New Teen Titans and Geoff John’s Teen Titans what do I want to read besides Young Justice? Are there any other team books that should be covered?

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

@vangidae: DC are rereleasing Wolfman era if you have the patience to wait for them and I believe they are worth the wait. I've found the older TPBs are hard to come by now.

The Teen Titans/Outsiders crossovers The Death and Return and particularly The Insiders TBPs are favourites of mine.

Winick's Titans run was flawed but improved as it went on.

I really recommend JT Krul's run which had the best line-up since John's run and was really rehabilitating the title before it was unfortunately cut short by the new 52.

Earth One Teen Titans is of course greatness and I can't wait for the next.

I'm not sure if you're currently following the series but the Pfeifer run is already becoming one of my favourites so I also recommend you pick it up.

Vangidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: Hey, thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know if the new release Wolfman books are the ones that start with Vol 1 in 2014? That means there's three and DC isn't done publishing them, I could wait for Vol 4 instead of jumping to Terra Incognito? I'm not finding any info online for a vol 4 release date, it's all getting covered up by New 52 Teen Titans.

Is Winick's Titans the series that crosses over with Young Justice prior to Geoff John's run?

So the timeline is basically SA Teen Titans -> New Teen Titans - > Winick's Titans = Young Justice - > Geoff John's Teen Titans = Outsiders - > JT Krul's Teen Titans // New 52-Pfiefer Teen Titans ?

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vangidae: Winick's Titans came just after Johns' run ended, classic NTT line up back together for a nostalgia run before disbanding then Rae and Gar went back to Teen Titans shortly before Krul's run started. Geoff Johns + Outsiders > Winick (Titans) > JT Krul...

Sorry I can't help on the re-release dates my (unorganised) store just calls me when they happen to get them in and they're not even up to Vol 3 yet. I also can't find a schedule online.

I would just go ahead with Terra Incognito, it was the first TPB I ever read and it didn't spoil anything for me.

Oh and just in case of a miscommunication: that is the timeline for runs that I personally recommend, that doesn't include the runs in between that I don't recommend.

Vangidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: Okay, I think I get it now. Talking about this a bit makes more sense out of the wiki information. So there's a Titans series starting with Technis Imperative and then written by Devin Grayson that crosses over with Young Justice in Graduation Day, then follow the advice in this thread for a timeline.

I made a mistake with the New Teen Titans volumes. I kept seeing the Vol 3 book but didn't notice it's not out until 9.2015, so this is probably the new release of the series. If you don't miss much with Terra Incognito then I'll probably get Vol 1-3 to get the origins and then jump to there.

Thanks for the info, I think I've got enough to start buying into this stuff now.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vangidae: No prob, I hope it makes a fan out of you. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.