Follow

Teen Titans

Team » Teen Titans appears in 2159 issues.

The Teen Titans are the premier team of young heroes in the DCU. Currently led by Damian Wayne, the team fights for the greater good and to recruit other young heroes like them.

Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire

• 140 results
    Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Glaucus

Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire

by Raymond Scott aka Glaucus

This is a thread to acknowledge and honor the iconic and popular relationship of Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is also about defending Dick/Kory pairing as well as Kory as a character by clearing up misconceptions about their relationship being about just attraction,lust,and a meaningless romance.

I believe that Kory needed defending due to the damage that has been done to her reputation as a character and to her romantic relationship history with Dick. She's not the heartless alien slut that got in Barbara's way to get with Dick. She is a super-powered alien warrior princess who overcome her past as a slave and still has a big heart and wants to help others not go through what she went through, and that was one of the things that made Dick fall in love with her. She opened him up and helped him express his emotions better. He helped her with restraint and to live on Earth.

All one has to do is read the New Teen Titans,Tales of the Teen Titans, and The New Titans from 1980 to 1994 to see that all this is true. All one has to do is look at the comic pictures at my thread to see that I am not lying.

Unlike Dick/Barbara (Oracle,Batgirl) pairing, Dick/Kory pairing didn't have any retcons to develop their relationship as a true love pairing,let alone at another pairing's expense. Their relationship was developed slowly and gradually. It took a little over 2 years in real time for them to get together, and they became one of the most popular and iconic couples in DC comics. They were each other's love interest for 14 years. No retcons are going to erase that type of history. If a pairing is true love, then retcons to diminish the greatness of another pairing are not needed.

Dick Grayson aka Nightwing and Koriand'r (Kory) aka Starfire were each other's love interest from 1980 to 1994. Kory helped Dick with growth and maturity. They were opposites that complemented one another. Their connection in the 1980s,1990s comics was profound and meaningful. They were one of the most popular and iconic couples in DC at the time. Kory was quite the supportive,caring,and loyal girlfriend to Dick. She opened him up. She helped him take off his red tunic when he gave up being Robin. Right before he became Nightwing, he was grateful for Kory sticking by him while he almost alienated everybody and that he loves her for that. Dick and Kory had intimacy, tenderness, sweetness, and romance in their relationship. Kory can put her foot down with Dick. She told him what he needed to hear and not what he wanted to hear.

DC Comics give her this description:

A princess who became a slave. A slave who became a warrior. A warrior who became one of the world’s greatest super heroes.

https://www.dccomics.com/characters/starfire

Dick thought this about Kory:

"A life filled with such hardships would have reduced others to despair, but not you. You fought back, looking at life as a challenge.

You're teaching me a lot, Kory.

I spent my first eighteen years living with Batman, learning how to contain my feelings. Three years with Kory's changing all that."

Kory told Dick

"If you love someone on Tamaran, you live for them and they for you."

Kory took that to heart. As a Tamaranean, she lived through her passions and emotions.

Nobody has to take my word for it.

This can be confirmed

a lot of comic pictures showing that Dick and Kory's relationship was based on love and caring with Kory being very supportive of Dick which helped him change for the better and be his own man.

Dick also helped Kory change for the better.

He helped her learn restraint.

There was a time that Dick needed restraint, and Kory was there for him.

The following is from:

The New Teen Titans Annual 2 which takes place after The New Teen Titans issue #34.

Kory's already Dick's girlfriend since New Teen Titans issue #26 where Dick revealed his romantic love feelings to Kory, and they became a couple. Their first date on panel was in the same issue. This was Teen Titans Annual 1 which was about Kory's battle with her sister Komand'r also known as Blackfire and her reuniting with her brother and parents on Tamaran. She was kidnapped by Blackfire and the Gordanians and taken to the Citadel, and the Teen Titans came up rescue her. During that time, Dick realized and showed that her feelings for Kory was more than friendship.

At her place, a very concerned Kory was watching the news where it reported that the cross-examination of Robin led to him admitting joining Former District Attorney Chase on a Vigilante-Style raid on Scarapelli's Hampton's estate and became abusive when questioned on condoning of vigilante-style justice. Mr Scarapelli's lawyer had received a court order preventing Robin from harassing Scarapelli in the future.

Dick was furious after Chase's home was bombed leading to killing of him,his wife,and child. As Robin, he went to the Cafe Italia where Scarapelli was at and confronted him, violating the restraining order. One of Scarapelli's men was going to remove him, and Robin knocked him out with a kick. Robin was threatening Scarapelli that he was going to hound him.

Starfire showed up at the restaurant, told him to stop and got him to leave before he did something that he was going to regret. She flew on top of a building so he wouldn't leave and talked to him.

Robin: What are you doing here?

Starfire: Making sure you don't do something you'll later regret.

Robin: This isn't your business.

Starfire: You're wrong. I love you, and I know you love me. You're also the one who told me I had to learn restraint.

Now I think the shoe is on the other foot.

C'mon home.

Robin: Scarapelli, It's just beginning

On top of a building outside,

Robin: Why did you bring me here?

Starfire: So you couldn't leave. Dick, Please I care for you too much to see you do this to yourself.

Robin: I am not doing anything.

Starfire: Oh? The Dick Grayson I first met was warm,caring...fun

That doesn't describe you now.

The others all sense it too. You've shut us all out of your life. You don't tell us what's wrong.

Starfire is close in front of Robin and holding his face, looking straight into his eyes.

For X'hal's sake, Dick--We all care. We want to help you.

A few months ago, you showed you love me...I still want to love you.

Robin: Starfire, I.....uhh

Starfire: Don't talk....Please don't talk any more.

Then Starfire and Robin are kissing.

I was actually Dick/Barbara fan until I learned about Kory.

After reading many Teen Titan,Titan issues, I am totally a fan of Dick/Kory now.

I believe that Dick and Kory belong together, and I hope that they reunite in the future.

They are cute couple in the Teen Titan cartoon series.

They are a couple with great chemistry in the DC Animated Movies.

Until very recently, I wasn't familiar with Kory/Starfire in the comics, but I have learned a lot to the point that I really like the character.

Dick and Kory's relationship definitely wasn't based on lust which some people have been claiming.

It was definitely based on love and caring.

Kory has a lot of depth and layers.

She's a perfect example of "don't judge a book by its cover"

Even in the comics, she's made a point that she may be naive, but she's not stupid more than once

Even though she wore a skimpy attire as a superhero, she actually dressed like any normal woman when she was going around as civilian, Kory Anders.

I like like Kory's original appearance,

I would love to see her back to having golden skin and long wavy auburn hair (not the extremely long and bushy version though) which helped her blend in with humans.

I like the complete green eyes that are a dead giveway that she's an alien, and she hid them behind sunglasses.

I like her outfit in the animated movies. It's sexy but doesn't come off like she's a "slut" (I really strongly dislike the word because it's misogynistic)

She's not primarily a sexual character any way.

Her main theme is that she's a super-powered alien warrior princess that lives in passions and emotions

What I gathered from the comics that I read

She was designed to be an outerspace version of Red Sonja.

She's an alien warrior princess.

She was also a slave for 6 years, and she went through horrible physical and emotional pain.

She escaped from a slave ship and was recaptured, but the Teen Titans rescued her.

On her planet Tamaran, people are barely dressed.

Another thing...She's a solar-powered being.

The Sun gives her strength and power.

Her star-bolt power came from torturing experimentation by her slavemasters.

I think some people don't understand the character and just judge her by her appearance.

There is a lot more to her than what she's wearing.

She is actually very smart along with being strong,tough,brave,fierce,loyal, deep,emotional,sensitive,caring,compassionate.

Most of all, she is a survivor.

What didn't kill her made her stronger.

She has been shown to have an extreme resistance to physical pain and immense willpower.

She had a lot of aggression in her because of her past as a slave and her training as a warrior.

As a Tamaranean, she lives through her passions and emotions, and she helped Dick with those.

The following are things of the history of the love and caring between Dick and Kory.

starting off from things from the 1980s,1990s

Other things will be posted in pertaining to them too.

Titans In Love: Dick Grayson & Starfire

It started with a (now-classic) kiss in the pages of New Teen Titans #2 [1980]. In an attempt to learn English, Starfire absorbed the language by planting a wet one on the Boy Wonder. Initially denying his feelings, Robin realized how much he loved Starfire when her life was threatened by Blackfire during an outer-space adventure ( New Teen Titans #23-25, New Teen Titans Annual #1 [1982]). In the heat of the battle, Robin’s burgeoning feelings for Starfire became obvious. The couple proved a perfect match, as Starfire’s uninhibited personality offered a fitting contrast to Robin’s cool demeanor.

The pair remained a solid couple, even as Dick grappled with his own identity issues. Eventually finding his own path as Nightwing, his relationship with Starfire deepened. But the couple faced their greatest challenge when Starfire was forced into an arranged marriage to quell a Tamaranean civil uprising. While Starfire saw this as a marriage of state, Dick felt betrayed and left his alien love on Tamaran (New Teen Titans (second series) #15-18 [1986]). Stafire eventually returned to earth, and reconciled with Dick once he learned she did not take the traditional Tamaranean wedding vows (New Teen Titans(second series) #39 [1988]).

The Titans were soon shaken to the core when the evil Wildebeest Society launched a savage Titans Hunt. As tensions grew, the shape-shifter Mirage even kidnapped and impersonated Starfire, causing strain in her relationship with Nightwing. Impulsively, Dick proposed marriage to the tempestuous Tamaranean, desperately hoping to mend their relationship. The two almost wed, but the ceremony was interrupted by Raven, now reborn as an evil avatar of her father, Trigon (New Titans #99-100 [1993]). Starfire was implanted with a demon “seed” by Raven, which caused her to leave Earth and go on a spiritual journey (New Titans #114 [1994] and Showcase ’94 #11 [1994]). Thus, the long-standing relationship of Nightwing and Starfire was at an end, with neither party acquiring much closure.

Starfire found brief happiness in a marriage to the binary-powered alien known as Ph’yzzon (New Titans #127-130 [1995]). But after Ph’yzzon died while trying to protect New Tamaran from the Sun Eater (Final Night Preview [1996]), Starfire found herself single again. Reunited with Nightwing in JLA/Titans #1-3 [1998], the pair agreed to be good friends. Starfire joined the newly reformed Titans for a time, before finally returning to her people in Titans #17-19 [2000]. In Titans #19, Starfire and Nightwing finally say goodbye in a poignant scene that puts a cap on their relationship.

Starfire and Nightwing became allies again on several teams, including the Outsiders [2004], the Titans[2008] and the JLA [2010]. Although they have succumbed to old passions more than once, the pair have decided to remain good friends above all else.

The classic Robin-Starfire was extremely popular in its time, and for good reason. Like any good romance in fiction, the relationship led to character growth for both parties. Both challenged each other, as Kory learned to act less impulsively while Dick opened up emotionally. It was a thrill to discover the different sides of these characters as their love deepened.

Romantic Reads:

New Teen Titans [1980] #2, 16, 23-26, Annual #1, 39

New Teen Titans [1984] #15-18, 39, 99-100, 114

JLA/Titans #1-3 [1998]

Titans [2000] #17-19

http://www.titanstower.com/starfire/

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Glaucus
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Glaucus
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Glaucus
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Glaucus
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Glaucus
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

'

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Glaucus
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Glaucus
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Glaucus
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Glaucus
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Glaucus
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Glaucus
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.