The basic idea is that the current team disbands due to reasons we dont yet know, but from Detective Comics it looks like the team ended up being a big dissapointment to Tim, atleast. Between the up coming last issue and the Rebirth-era, there is going to be somekind of down time, where Wolfman is managing to squeeze his Raven mini-series into, before Damian 'recruits' the others... apparently under the impression that since he just turned 13 and is now a teenager, he now gets to make and lead his very own Teen Titans... and prove (again) how much better he is than everyone else :S
- Kon-El (the new 52 Harvest-made Superboy) died during the timetravel story (or back in Krypton's past) and was replaced with Jon-El, the murderus nutbag Superboy. (Only Raven noticed, but due to Trigon influence kept quiet)
- Jon-El just sort of vanishes when the team gets back to the present day (not really sure what actually happened to him)
- Kon is resurrected by the Oracle... so got to pretend he was the Silver Surfer for a while.
- Eventually Kon returns to Earth and goes into hiding, living as a normal person right up till...
- He wakes up one day after having killed a dozen Durlans
- Which turns out to have been orchestrated by Harvest
- Upon meeting Harvest (apparently having regressed from the last Lobdell issue) who uses his incredible powers of bs-logic and Lobdell writing the Titans as colossal morons, to persuade Kon to go with him into the timestream... and neither have been seen since.
So far the only active Superboy there is in the DCU is the young Jon-El that the time and space displaced Superman and Lois Lane brought with them from the pre-Flashpoint universe...if it ever gets here, he will be the other half of the 'Super Sons' book. (Funny thing is that young Jon and muderous psycho Jon from the future is supposed to be the same guy... only psycho Jon lost it with the death of his parents.)
Personally though, I am not bothered by the loss of Kon... he was too far removed from Conner for me to recognize him, and his life in the New 52 was a disjointed mess only matched by that of the Suicide Squad with far too many reboots and changing writers for any consistency to be formed. But who knows, with Kon out of the picture, maybe Con can return to us :)
Log in to comment