deactivated-5c6600594117e's Teen Titans #23.2 - Lord of War review

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e

Dullstroke 23.1

The Good:

There isn't a great deal of good that can be said about this issue. We get a brief history of Slade's activities over the tears including some time spent with his children, Unfortunately, the family side takes a back seat to seeing some of his various missions over the years. We also get to check out some of Slade's history with Deathblow.

The Bad:

This was just a disappointing issue. I was looking forward to seeing Slade interact with Grant and Rose. We did get to see a mission with Grant & Joseph but the emotional side wasn't touched upon. There's a short scene at the end with Rose but again too brief to get the reader emotionally invested. This is quite a disappointing issue, favoring explosions and boring fights instead of capturing the character's family situation.

Thoughts:

I'd avoid this unless you are a Deathstroke enthusiast. I dig the character but this one didn't do much for me. Recommendation to avoid.