Follow

Taskmaster

Character » Taskmaster appears in 731 issues.

Taskmaster possesses the ability to absorb knowledge and instantly replicate the combat skills of anyone he observes. He has used these skills as a teacher to many super villains, henchmen, and even some heroes. In order to clean his record, he started working for the U.S. government as a combat instructor. Due to a set of events, he was ultimately put in as sheriff of the criminal island known as Bagalia. He currently serves as Madame Hydra's personal bodyguard.

Why Can't Taskmaster Copy Karate Kids Moves?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Joewell911

KKs move are all thru training right? If so then i don't understand why Tasky can't copy them in a week.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

I don't think I fully understand the question....Karate Kid is a DC character and Taskmaster is a Marvel character

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Joewell911

@danhimself: Oh sorry, i meant if they were to meet, and if Taskmaster had got some footage of him and stuff, why couldn't he copy his moves?

tshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tshock

@joewell: Who said he couldn't?

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CalebHara

@joewell said:

@danhimself: Oh sorry, i meant if they were to meet, and if Taskmaster had got some footage of him and stuff, why couldn't he copy his moves?

He could very well copy his techniques, but Taskmasters downfall, is his physical condition. For instance, he if sees insanely fast Martial artists fighting, he would be able to copy their speed for limited amount of time. Because that speed is basically artificial, and he does not posses the physical ability to actually have that speed, This will exhaust him after a very short time.

He also can not mimic physical strength, greater than his own. For example, if he saw Deathstroke kick down a steel door, he could do this with the same technique, but it would only be to his own degree of strength.

He cant copy some of his moves because in some of the moves that KK uses, he is too fast, and too strong. Taskmaster either doesn't posses the strength to make the techniques powerful enough, or the speed to constantly mimic these movements.

Another factor that come into play is the fact that alot of KK's martial abilities come from his inner control. That is something that taskmaster can not copy. He can copy some of the techniques of Karate Kid, but there is no way that he can use them to the sae extent and effectiveness that KK can, because he needs to undergo the mental and spiritual training of the Karate Kid before he can have the same control that KK does.

Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
    CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CrimsonAlchemist

@CalebHara: Agreed!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By evilvegeta74

@CalebHara: If he can do it to Iron Fist he definately can do it to Karate Kid, haven't seen it in comics but he did it on Ultimate Spiderman.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CalebHara

@evilvegeta74: if i remember correctly, in the comics, Taskmaster was never able to mimic IF's chi attacks, or the IFPunch. He can copy his techniques, but he wont be able to copy IF's chi, or KK's control.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@evilvegeta74 said:

@CalebHara: If he can do it to Iron Fist he definately can do it to Karate Kid, haven't seen it in comics but he did it on Ultimate Spiderman.

That tv show isn't completly accurate with how the hero's powers work or even their origins so I doubt that he could copy Danny entirely. Like he could copy his moves but not his chi.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CalebHara

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

That tv show isn't completly accurate with how the hero's powers work or even their origins so I doubt that he could copy Danny entirely. Like he could copy his moves but not his chi.

Yeah thats what im saying, IF is a normal martial artist without his Chi, and if IF chooses to copy him, the only thing he will get is his martial arts Techniques. Same goes for Karate Kid. Sure he can copy his techniques, but he will never have the ability to displace thousands of tons of snow with a single punch, because he cant copy KK's control. I think thats what the OP wanted? lol

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@CalebHara said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

Yeah thats what im saying, IF is a normal martial artist without his Chi, and if IF chooses to copy him, the only thing he will get is his martial arts Techniques. Same goes for Karate Kid. Sure he can copy his techniques, but he will never have the ability to displace thousands of tons of snow with a single punch, because he cant copy KK's control. I think thats what the OP wanted? lol

Yep agreed. I imagine humans would have evolved to the peak of human perfection towards the 30th century which would mean the adverage man, woman, and child would be slightly stronger then us. Which to me explains why KK can do what he does, because he trains.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Strider1992

Taskmaster ability derives from copying physical movements. For example if he were to watch Spider-man navigate a laser grid he could replicate perfectly what Spider-man did. However only too the extent his physical stats allow. He would navigate the grid just as Spider-man did but with his own speed. He cannot take on other people's abilities. In a fight with Iron Fist he could learn Danny's martial art skills easily but cannot replicate his Chi as it is not a simple movement but also a power.There is no reason he could not learn KK's moves.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hadrelius

simple answer:

He can copy any move. He just can't copy power. So he can can copy the technique of a punch thrown by Cap. But can't duplicate the power behind.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.