Follow

Talia al Ghul

Character » Talia al Ghul appears in 882 issues.

Talia the daughter of Ra's al Ghul and the heir to his worldwide criminal empire. Talia has been both lover and mortal enemy to Batman, and is the mother of Damian Wayne otherwise known as Robin.

Is There Any Good Left In Talia al Ghul?

• 71 results
    kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By kennybaese

I think she's just kind of crazy. She's been caught between a rock and a hard place with Bruce and Ra's for so long that that pressure probably broke her. Both are men whose love she craved and both are completely unwilling to change in order to give her what she wants. Family makes us all a little crazy from time to time; a family containing both Batman and Ra's al Ghul us a great way to go insane.

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
    G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

How long do you think it will be before Damian is resurrected in the Lazarus pits?

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Mucklefluga

It doesn't matter if there's any good left in her or not, Batman is gonna break Talia's neck next issue ;)

thedeenslist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By thedeenslist

hate to throw crap all over this idea that her "change" makes her more appealing. All it has done is make her about as two- dimensional. The Talia who was torn between loyalty to her father and love for Bruce was interesting and three dimensional. You never knew what her end game was. Her appearances were always interesting because no one knew where she stood this time. What side she would take or if she would take her side? Now she's just Ra's 2.0 and not even a very good version either.

This Talia is a pale imitation of a character. This entire "plan" of hers ultimately stemming from her new found inability to get over Bruce makes her look pathetic, weak, and petty. Don't know how it's supposed to be a development to have a mother murder her son to hurt the father. Not a villain, just a piece of crap really. The end result is we have a Talia that really has flipped 180 with no real lead up in it. Been back through Grant's "epic" (are we just throwing that word around now?) Batman run and her entire attitude has switched back and forth with little rhyme or reason. Does Nyssa even still exist?

Where does Talia go after this? Where does Batman and Robin?

True character progression was in "Death and the Maidens" where her change was given a reason.

The reason given here is just pathetic. How does she turn Ra's men against him? Oh, that's right. It doesn't matter because Grant Morrison can do no wrong because the sun shines out of his bum 24/7. He just writes that it happened and we accept it. Okay, fine.

Batman Inc. has been a piss poor read. I don't really understand how it's in the New 52 considering that it makes reference to events that happened in the old Post Crisis DC. Should I even mention the fact that the entire mini's starting point was a one shot that revolved around a character that now, no longer exists? Is there a reason this stupid story couldn't have remained in the Post-Crisis U? Hell, Kevin Smith is being allowed to stay there. I'm assuming Grant wanted it to be in the new sandbox? Fine, then fix your continuity errors bud.

So in the end, what do we have? A villain who has become this hate filled thing with very little to show that descent. Her reasons make the character pathetic and petty. We lose a great character because Grant just has to finish his "epic" story and no one at DC has the sack to tell him no, a death that wasn't needed, was ultimately stupid considering the fact that it takes away from a much better writers (Tomasi) work with that character, and we got four more issues before this man pisses off to leave this universe behind. Frankly, if I was more of a cynical a-hole, I would just assume that Grant simply killed Damian off so no one else could play with "his creation" But that's silly because he's never before taken a character of his that was loved by the fans away before he left a book so with no reason other than "it was planned from the beginning". Oh Yeah; XORN!!

Here's hoping that Grant doesn't go further and make a resurrection of Damian a near implausibility like he did with Xorn and thus we can get the ONE thing that Grant actually did well in his entire, crappy (better word than epic really) time with Batman. And a sidenote: DON'T LET HIM COME BACK DANG IT!!!

Please note: these are all my opinions and my opinions alone. If you disagree with me; congratulations. You're an individual with a different perspective. So in summary: I love Batman, I hate Grant Morrison, and Talia has been ruined in this story.

Good Evening.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By InnerVenom123

@thedeenslist said:

Please note: these are all my opinions and my opinions alone. If you disagree with me; congratulations. You're an individual with a different perspective. So in summary: I love Batman, I hate Grant Morrison, and Talia has been ruined in this story.

Are you like 12 or something? Are you afraid the internet people are going to get you?

Who puts a f**king disclaimer like this?

I mean really.

BlackShadowCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By BlackShadowCat

I love Talia :3

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Grey56

I don't know how to feel about Talia, ma'am. As you so wonderfully illustrated - she is a woman of complex and at times at odds motivations. I do know though that I enjoyed reading your thought-play about it. As a caveat or parting notion - I hope that Talia remains a prominent figure for Bruce but, always as a amoral figure.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#58  Edited By Strider1992

Nope she's evil now!

BlackPookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By BlackPookie

shes a bitch!

BigBDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By BigBDawg

I'm not sure about Talia... to be honest, she doesn't DESERVE redemption for what she let happen to Damian and this war she's begun against Bruce. She's possibly worse as her father... but there was once good in her due to her disapproval of her father's actions... but now? Hard to say...

Asbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Asbat

Talia has become an insane global terrorist, with resources beyond judicial system and laws, that has killed her own son. She doesn`t only deserves to die, she needs to die. I think Bruce must step up and break his most sacred rule, there`s even a moral imperative to do so. The threath the joker poses, for example, pales in comparision to this woman that knows batman`s identity and controls a global network of pure evil, and has destroyed everything Batman holds dear. Bruce humanity is at stake not if he kills her, but if he doesn`t. What does sparing her life tells of him as a father and as a human being? Talia deserves the exception. She deserves and needs to perish, and Bruce Wayne the father and Batman the hero is obliged to do it.

Mistah_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By Mistah_B

I like Talia being the biggest baddest bitch on the Bat block. I love Harley, Ivy and them but Talia is scary and her dialogue is superb. I think after being responsible for her son's death, there's no going back, she has to be go full blown crazy, and to me that moment of weakness was the good inside her dying with Damian or Talia literally dying a little inside at least. she doesn't have anything now except Leviathan, I think she becomes even more ruthless.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By queenfrost_

She isn't evil, more so a result of a crazy, twisted, f****ed-up background. I believe there is some good in her but it will never ever ever be seen by anyone. Talia's succumbed to her mental illnesses now and I believe she's on the way to becoming the next Ra's Al Ghul. And I'm fine with that! I hope she becomes one of Batman's deadliest, most lethal enemies. He still has a love for her, which makes it all the better....

Very interesting article by the way! I love Talia <3

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By herrweis

i hate the whole concept of batman falling for his female villians,just let the bad girls be bad .why waste a good villian on a bs love story.she doesnt need to be good,should never have been fancied in that light anyway.

joshlol44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By joshlol44

Really think that she should die after allowing her son to die. But if Morrisson or any other writer wants to make her a good guy is there choice but I would be interested to find out how. I just hope Damian does come back to life as soon as possible.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

She killed Damian! No matter what anyone says she'll be evil in my eyes.

Avatar image for ghostrider_fan1
    ghostrider fan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By ghostrider fan1

F**K that Talia needs to die. If she's willing to kill her own kid for her gain, then she is truly evil. Someone needs to do it for Batman, anyone, Jason or somebody SH*T!!!! lol but yeah someone needs to do what has to be done, the bitch is ready to kill the friggin world after all anyways!

Grubich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By Grubich

She's a b****.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn i used to love talia my fave batman girl then selina kyle, but after what she did to damien (my fave robin) i lost all faith that shocked me and made me see she is evil now. Damn grant morrison she can never go back hell not even joker has put batman through this worse is the other people in the batman family are feeling it too.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By John Valentine

She's fallen too far this time.

bellaardila92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is why I didn't like Talia x Bruce Catwoman is a better couple for Batman Catwoman is much more nicer than Talia

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well she is dead now

draco_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honest to God didn't like the direction Morrisson went with the character as she was more interesting as a morally ambiguous character. All Morrisson did with her was turn her into a generic mwa ha ha James Bond villain. If they ever bring her back, hopefully someone other than Morrisson can write her as she used to be and not what she was reduced to.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.