starkiller809's Swamp Thing #0 - To Monsters review

Avatar image for starkiller809

Swamp Thing #0

THE GOOD:
Kano is doing the art in this issue and it looks really good. Seeing his facial expressions and the details that he adds to the backgrounds and characters is stunning. The way that he conveys horror in the panels is also very, very good. The story is interesting filling in a lot of questions that I had about the character from issue #1. Seeing Anton come back and really track down the avatar of the green is interesting to see and I'm glad that we got to see more of the Swamp Thing from Animal Man Annual #1. Swamp Thing is new to a few and this issue really gets into how everything really started and very new reader friendly while the main series is in a huge crossover.

THE BAD:
They should have added a little info on how he has all of these memories and not really being Swamp Thing. This is a big confusing part and not knowing how this happened is slightly confusing. Alec's wife seems like a character that was just gotten rid of because he is now with Abby.

THE VERDICT: 4/5 (Great)
Another solid issue set before a very solid series. If you even wanted to a know a little bit about Swamp Thing, then this is something that you will want to check out because this tells you everything that you will need to know to get into the current series and the current story arc. I highly recommend this to current readers and anyone who wants to read because what is happening in current time is really good and so is this.