the_angry_comic_book_critic's Superman/Batman: Apocalypse review

Avatar image for the_angry_comic_book_critic

READ THIS BEFORE YOU RATE!!!!

By The Angry Comic Book Critic
      Alright now this movie was by no means a bad film but I honestly did not like it as much as the comic or this film's predecessor "Public Enemies" not to say this didn't have a lot a great moments in it but there were three Big things that just annoyed the crap out of me in this film but those I'll get to later for I have to say I was very glad to see the return of Kevin Conroy and Tim Daly these guys to me are Batman and Superman there simply is no one better than them for those roles. Now this review is going to be a bit of a quickie by my standards so here goes.
      Here are the three things that just annoyed the crap out of me for this film coming in at #3 the ending. Now for those of you who have read the comic know that Kara Zor-El was in that Final Fight with Darksied for all of two seconds before being for a lack of better words vaporized by his Omega beams while trying to protect Superman before a epic fight between the boy scout where he really cuts loose and flat out wails on Darksied on a fight that takes them across the known universe before superman finally beats him by tossing him into the source wall where he tells Darksied that this is where all the failures end up and that Darkseid is a failure. That to me was probably one of my all time favorite moments in DC comics only topped by Batman's confrontation with Darkseid in Final Crisis. Now in the film this ending is vastly changed instead of Superman pounded on Darkseid we get Super girl in probably what I felt to be one of the least entertaining fights I've seen in a long time I say this because their was no real conversation between her and Darkseid and when the was it felt hollow, artificial and devoid of emotion much like the star war prequels. #2 The Guy who voices Darkseid in this film flat out sucks he was fine as an actor in the mist but in this he was really missed cast for the role. To me Michael Ironside is Darksied when he speaks you actually feel a shred of fear cause he has perfectly capture the voice of Darkseid cause if I where ever to meet Darkseid that's what he would sound like cause if he sounded like he did in this film I would laugh in his face but if it was Michael Ironside voicing him I would be crapping my self out of fear of being annihilated in the fullest extent of the word. Now for the number one reason why I did not like this as much as I wanted to....There was no chemistry between any of the actors save for Kevin Conroy as Batman and Tim Daly as Superman. Now I do not I repeat DO NOT mean this in the Romantic sense I mean this in the sense that none of the actors outside of those two had any fun with what they where doing they all they all acted like they were being forced into this because they need money really badly unlike in Public Enemies where everyone had fun with what they were doing and worked like a well oiled machine in this I got none of those vibes from the other actors save for the two I mentioned and who ever played Granny Goodness in the film. Aside from those three things this film was still pretty good animation stayed true to the comics and as always Kevin Conroy and Tim Daly give flawless performances as there respective characters. I'm The Angry Comic Book Critic and this gets the Stamp of Approval.

Superman/Batman Apocalypse