Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Would you be okay with Nu Superman coming back but Rebirth Superman is still the main title holder.

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So the fans have spoken, they like the Post Crisis Superman, the one that is married to Lois and now with a son. His sales is doing and great and that's fine, but is there a place for the Nu Superman to exist in the same universe? Since the Nu superman is younger could he pretty much have a book where he does his own things? Post-Crisis Superman and Nu Superman have differences in their power set.

Would it be too irritating to Post Crisis Superman fans if Nu Superman came back as a single Superman with his romantic option open to him and not lock on any route? At the same time, perhaps not have to adhere to the personality trapping that is Superman and let him do stuff that you really wouldn't expect from Post-Crisis Superman? Since the Writers never really knew what to do with the Nu Superman during his run, that would leave that character open for a writer to play without affect Superman canon.

Just curious.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't know they fused both Versions last week?

Jakai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jakai

Well that doesn't really seem like a possibility now after Superman Reborn. They were revealed to be two sides of the same coin and finally merged into one.

However, before Superman Reborn was released, I was actually working on a fan fiction, were Superdad remained the main Superman, but the remains of Nuperman were used to create Superman-X (From the Legion of Superheroes Catoon Show). I feel like Kel-El from the show is a extremely similar to Nuperman in mentality and personality, so I thought it would be awesome for everyone by having Nuperman basically return as Superman-X. Fans of the cartoon show would be happy, New 52 fans would be happy, and Superdad fans would still have their Superman

Plus, it wouldn't be as confusing as having two Superman existing at the same time. Also, Superman-X could've handled more threats outside of Earth while Superdad focused more on earth threats

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

TheNomadicOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very unlikely and pointless tbh

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ZariusII

Just be glad this wasn't left up to Marvel...they'd have turned N52 Supes into a cackling Saturday morning super-villain

TheNomadicOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

Just be glad this wasn't left up to Marvel...they'd have turned N52 Supes into a cackling Saturday morning super-villain

Or make it that Jon is actually Luthors and Lois's love child and he's attempting to kill superman or some convoluted garbage like that.

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenomadicone: And then gets his butt handed to him by Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, etc, like every Superman type Marvel has created has before him just to make yet another statement of how much Marvel hates Superman.

SuperAbrasax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I like Supergirl alright, but I am not big on multiple Kryptonians running around.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I hated how DC got rid of new52 Superman, I don't want 2 Superman/Clark Kents in the main universe. Having 2 superman with pretty much the same personality (with one just being older and more mature) just dilutes the character. If you want to see younger Superman, I fully support a Superman book that takes place in the past and tells stories of less experienced Supes (could be a good idea since this universe merging thing leaves unknown years of Superman history)

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be like Goku hanging out with Gogeta...

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By DeathandGrim

I would like that alot. I mean there was literally an arc that had multiple versions of Superman interacting with each other. I see no issue this premise.

But then Superman reborn happened making this impossible without Marvel-Force

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@druzzie: bruh, ok 1. Im pretty sure superdad is not pre crisis superman but pre flashpoint superman or something. 2. Everyone hated N52 superman, 3. They just fused togethor into making the new superman

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. and it wouldn't really make sense anyway; NU Superman is the one that the people who live in the DCU know, to them he is the original Superman (assuming they can tell the difference)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.