Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Who is more powerful Superman Prime One Million or Kal Kent?

• 57 results
    majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By majestic99
    Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Kal'smahboi

What

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Deranged Midget

Prime is the original Superman. He bestowed further powers unto Kal Kent to make him more powerful. It's not even comparable.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ssejllenrad

Prime One Million is SUPPOSEDLY miles stronger... He was stated to be nigh omnipotent and some "sources" even say he's second only to the Presence in his timeline. One problem... He's featless!!!! Nyahahaha!

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By termiteone4ever

@ssejllenrad said:

Prime One Million is SUPPOSEDLY miles stronger... He was stated to be nigh omnipotent and some "sources" even say he's second only to the Presence in his timeline. One problem... He's featless!!!! Nyahahaha!

What you say is true . Now by example The JLA one million the level of power they are pushing is Ridiculous. Kal kent alone at full power Practically unbeatable . There are many Superman Yes but this Golden one is very powerful he doesnt even need to Display feats . Even at the end of Multiverse gates big and small he is there.

Now hour man 1 million this freak not at full power easily stopped the big bang the creation of the universe. Thats with a fraction of his power. He was Super Omnipotent with Full power. Yet he is Under Prime 1 million

Then you have the others like the martian 1 million

Supergirl 1 million well she isnt aprt of JLA 1 million she is like a a squirrel girl

All the only million members were powerful

Even the Flash who didnt show much but he was the fastest man in thing in the universe a living speed force avatar .

So much craziness . This goes to show the level of power Prime 1 mill is pushing . Mind you be Hour man 1 million has this power also he can be any one he chooses with the exact powers

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Calvin

Superman Prime One Million is the one that made Kal Kent so powerfull!! He's the power source!

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By z3ro180

@termiteone4ever: so since the dcu was bebotted wouls kal kents future still happen or not??? and will superman become a golden god??

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tensor

@Z3RO180: i doubt that dc will always have some powerful superman in any time line eg silver age superman was a beast an in modern you had kal kent an superman man prime one million so you just have to wait an see what dc does

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By termiteone4ever

@tensor said:

@Z3RO180: i doubt that dc will always have some powerful superman in any time line eg silver age superman was a beast an in modern you had kal kent an superman man prime one million so you just have to wait an see what dc does

YEs this is correct . I know DC for sure didnt release the unknown superman /The MYxplz like superman and many others who were indeed powerful as well. The superman Squad did have some rather powerful Characters even that Gorilla Superman he too had force vision like Kal kent who held up the Galaxy as well.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DEGRAAF
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

no feats?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ssejllenrad

@DEGRAAF: Compared to other nigh omnipotent beings DC has shown over the years, those are weak. Example -He needed the DNA sample to resurrect Lois. Ion resurrected Guardians and the Corps without any DNA sample. And he hasn't fought any villain that can be branded as a universal threat. Again, as a nigh omnipotent being, SMPOM is relatively featless.

Poontanglife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Poontanglife

As far as i (think) i understand their powerlevels ill put it like this.

Original Superman = 2 year old child, Kal Kent = full grown man in his prime, Superman Prime 1 mil = well i dont know, his upper limit is unknown,, so everything between Iron Man level and... well god.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEGRAAF

@ssejllenrad: Yea but Kyle used some major tools (the ring, the Power battery, Ion's powers as well as the power of the entire corps put together) that had all the information needed to recreate them. I will accept they both needed help and i agree it's not the most amazing feat for someone that is nigh omni-everthing

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Poontanglife said:

As far as i (think) i understand their powerlevels ill put it like this.

Original Superman = 2 year old child, Kal Kent = full grown man in his prime, Superman Prime 1 mil = well i dont know, his upper limit is unknown,, so everything between Iron Man level and... well god.

Chuck Norris!

@DEGRAAF said:

@ssejllenrad: Yea but Kyle used some major tools (the ring, the Power battery, Ion's powers as well as the power of the entire corps put together) that had all the information needed to recreate them. I will accept they both needed help and i agree it's not the most amazing feat for someone that is nigh omni-everthing

Yeah they both are p*ssy's compared to the real nigh omnipotent badass of DC... WF Mxy! Hehehehe!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kidchipotle

I don't understand why in every single story where the focal point character has finally achieved happiness and peace ALWAYS is granted with a Green Lantern right. IE: Superman Prime One Million AND Martian Manhunter in, I think, Brightest Day, or some JLA story arc.

EDIT: Oh, SMPOM is the strongest in the pre-52 DCU, I thought?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Deranged Midget said:

Prime is the original Superman. He bestowed further powers unto Kal Kent to make him more powerful. It's not even comparable.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kal kent due to feats . He is the only one true immortal of all versions of Superman

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Theoretically, Superman Prime One Million

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Prime One Million is stronger.

Also, people should really stop with the "No feats = weaker" Ideology.

By that logic, even Wolverine should be stronger than him.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majestic99:

The wiki is quite clear about that.

But still, there's no harm in making a question.

Long answer short.

Superman Prime, is the original version of Superman of DC One Million but tens of thousands of years in the future. Kal Kent is just one of his many descendants. Yes, Kal Kent is quite powerful, but many of his powers depende of the Super-Sun that was created by Superman-Prime, and is at the same time his fortress.

Superman-Prime powers are near limitless or even limitess from a universal point of view, while Kal Kent powers are far more limited.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

prime one million is featless for good reason. who can the writers get that can possibly match him? the writers have to discount many of the regular superman's powers to make credible threats for him.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper:

Actually I believe that Superman-Prime, was DC way of showing us, how far Superman powers could/would actually grow up to be, at the time. In a way the word "Prime" stood for more than just a way of saying he was the original Superman, it was like saying "Look. This is Superman when he reaches his full potential."

And in a way that still stands to this day. Everytime I read a comic where Superman is present, I'm almost always left with a feeling that what he can do now, what his power levels are now, it's like we're looking only at the mountain peak. That he lacks either the initiative or the knowledge to improve himslf or use his full potential.

Heck, he's the first one to say that he knows very little about his powers, and were his limits stand.

Maybe with this kinda of a reboot, DC will finally start to put some of Superman weaknesses aside. Because when people say he's OP, I'm always remembered of Martian Manhunter and that he's actually the real deal when it comes to OP.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KingOfKings1

@jogga said:

Yes, Prime One Million is stronger.

Also, people should really stop with the "No feats = weaker" Ideology.

By that logic, even Wolverine should be stronger than him.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one with feats.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

The one with feats.

How about the one that not only lived in the Supersun for thousands of years, but has a Green Lantern Ring too?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By micah007123

@jogga said:

@micah said:

The one with feats.

How about the one that not only lived in the Supersun for thousands of years, but has a Green Lantern Ring too?

What feats does he have with that uber sundip and GL Ring under his belt? Otherwise it ends up being pure speculation when you can't nail down how powerful he exactly is. I've seen people claim he can bench press the omniverse.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga: According to comicvine . Hulk can beat One above All and presence combined based on feats lmao . SMH

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah:

I don't need feats to know which one of the two is stronger.

Not only did this Superman study under the source, and has a green lantern ring, but he was the founder of the Superman dynasty and has given them the power they posses, and he can take it away.

It's pretty much established that he is the stronger of the two.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By micah007123

@jogga said:

@micah:

Not only did this Superman study under the source, and has a green lantern ring, but he was the founder of the Superman dynasty and has given them the power they posses, and he can take it away.

Okay do you have at least one feat to base/prove this and to compare against what Kal has done? Because looking at both from an analytical standpoint I'd say Kal is superior from what I've seen.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman Prime recreated Krypton and it's civilization with a piece of Kryptonite.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Doesn't matter when Kal Kent would be powerless without Superman Prime who gave him his powers...

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearchon: Okay so he's his battery big deal. Feats my friend feats.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@jogga said:

@micah:

Okay do you have at least one feat to base/prove this and to compare against what Kal has done? Because looking at both from an analytical standpoint I'd say Kal is superior from what I've seen.

Okay, re-read my post.

What you are doing isn't taking an analytical stand point.

Take the points I gave you into considerration first.

• Superman Prime One Million's Fortress of Solitude is Kal Kent's powersource
    • Superman Prime One Million gave them the powers they posses
    • Prime One Million in addition has a Green Lantern Ring
    • Superman Prime One Million lived inside Kal Kents Power Source for thousands of years.
    • He studied under the Source
    TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: Who cares about feats when Kal Kent would have none without the powers he received from Superman Prime?

Superman Prime >> Kal Kent

I don't think it's hard to understand.

It's like saying that the Spectre is more powerful than the Presence because he has more feats.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga: I took all your points into consideration and its still just speculating a power level. I need feats.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By micah007123

@thearchon: Your confused. This isn't a question about the quantity of feats its about the quality of said feats. Quality feats that I'm still waiting for.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah:

Speculation?

You can't assume a character is stronger than another just because they have feats and the other one doesn't.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga: Here on the Vine and in real life we go by hard evidence. Do you have any hard evidence on Prime? The answer would be no. Once again it's not a question of who has more feats, it's about quality demonstrations of power. And Kal has Prime beat when it comes to this.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah:

Except feats aren't the only pieces of evidence that exists.

There is also something called FACT.

Superman Prime One Million not only studied under the source, has had the last GL ring in existence, And is the progenitor of Kal Kent's power, but he LIVED inside Kal Kent's powersource, absorbing it's power, for THOUSANDS of YEARS.

This was all stated in the comics as FACT.

If we just go by whoever has more numerous feats than the other to see who is stronger, then Captain America should be stronger than Galactus.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By micah007123

@jogga: Okay so your last sentence confirms you either didn't read my last post/ ignored it/ or simply didn't care. Quality feats my friend. The number of feats a character has, means nothing if they all are comprised of weak demonstrations. Bottom line is so far you havent't proved how powerful Prime is at all. Merely throwing out big words and unquantifiable statements mixed in with featless objects with a dash of speculation. At least with Kal we can accurately place him on the power grid.....not so much with Prime who IMO crumbles when quality feats are matched against him and we look at things from an analytical point of view.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah:

What speculation?

Everything I've said about Superman Prime One Million is backed up by the comics. The comics themselves have pretty much stated that Superman/POM is the stronger than the entire Justice League Alpha.

If Superman Prime One Million lacks feats, then he's unusable NOT weak.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: I believe you are the one who is confused. Kal Kent has feats because Superman Prime gave him his abilities. As simple as that. Without them, he wouldn't have them. Because, as you said, he is the ''battery'' or the source of his powers, he is much more powerful than Kal Kent.

No Caption Provided

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga: He never studied under the Source. Whether he currently has a Green Power Ring or not is also debatable.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering that many of Kal Kent’s advanced powers were given to him by Superman Prime (with Supersun been most likely just conduit for such transfer), Golden Superman One Million by the very definition is the strongest one.

Avatar image for hulksmashlittleman
    HULKSMASHLITTLEMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Golden Prime

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still hate Kal Kent's costume

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: Well guess what, those sources are bullshit, trust I've come across some sources saying that he is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient, and that he's on par with the Presence. I'm having a debate with a guy who says that he is omnipotent. To find out how powerful he really is then go to this website: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/a-closer-look-at-superman-prime-one-million-1642666/

He's not as powerful as you think

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
    deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SPOM is stronger.

ryubh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.