What Superman stories of the silver age are now considered canon?

juanM578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With superman reborn superman post crisis stories and new 52 merged but my question is that stories of Superman Pre crisis / Silver age are canon?

Something of continuity pre crisis is again canon?

SpaceMadman174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think silver age/pre crisis stories are canon. It's only post crisis and new 52 merged together with a few minor changes.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@juanm578: Silver age was mostly all put out of canon with Crisis on Infinite Earths, that's why all of that era is called Post Crisis.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

The Mxyzptlk stuff.

The JLA origin (based on Flash 22)

The Day of Truth (Superman Reborn call back)

Certainly more to come. If Flash 22 was an indication, things are about to get pretty interesting.

SuperAbrasax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's funny is that Superman was supposed to be the only one who remembered pre-Crisis Earth. So Byrne was a retcon of a retcon.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically everything since Action comics #1 is canon in the ongoing saga of the DCU. It's just that universe/timeline altering events occurred :P

But concerning what counts toward the Rebirth Universe, It's a post crisis dcu merged with the post flashpoint, Dr.Manhatten meddled dcu.

I'm not sure if even this new Superman timeline is still unaffected by Dr. M and it's inferred that it still is in the recent issues of action. Maybe it's still a compacted timeline with 10 missing years.

Anyway, aside from the recent issues of Action i'm developing my own head cannon to sort stuff out. Jon is definitely a spanner in the works of that development but i'm adjusting.

Also,

If Flash 22 was an indication, things are about to get pretty interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.